The Division 2

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Well, I'd rather join our pissant guild than some rando, if I have an option.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
They learned/applied nothing from Div1 and the game was pretty much dead a month before the first raid came out and I think they delayed it on top of that.

Getting all the masks were fun but a few were super bugged for the first 3 months. You get some bad rng and it was a tad rough. You could just exploit most everything with a broken ass seeker bomb build and a team of that just pushed shit in.

The fucking tech builds from div1 were so broken forever and they just applied the same shit to the second. This game still bugs me because I want to play it and love it but im a beaten wife at this point and I have to say no (until the next time).

The Camp David mission is awesome, I loved getting on a little tipsy and running Tidal Basin or whatever because it could fuck you up if you had some bad random matchmaking. The Zoo one was cool but the bugs made it real hard to keep playing. A random mod would get stuck in a spawn point or some shit and there goes 30 minutes.

Coming out of some intense fight indoors and have it pouring rain with a badass thunderstorm or just a perfect sunset was absolutely amazing. You totally forget about it and boom, beauty.

I love you and miss you Division.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Coming out of some intense fight indoors and have it pouring rain with a badass thunderstorm or just a perfect sunset was absolutely amazing. You totally forget about it and boom, beauty.
There's still nothing in Div 2 that compares to a full-on snow storm in the original though.

Div 2 tech builds are nowhere close to Div 1 imo. Sure, you can autopilot through heroic with minimal risk and maybe even legendary if you have infinite patience, but the pace is glacial compared to a proper run & gun build. Skill builds are definitely the way to go for people just starting though. So much easier to complete a build when you never have to worry about how the main stat rolled, and if you didn't play the old leagues you need something to farm for the Memento backpack that is required for practically every other build in the game at this point.

I still think Div 1 is the far superior game as far as mechanics/design and especially atmosphere, but it's hard to go back when you've done everything and have the 3 classified sets worth using (Tactician, Striker, D3-FNC) fully maxed out. Div 2 is about where Div 1 was at in version 1.6... still a long way to go for them to equal 1.8, but at least Scorpio or Chameleon and the Hunter's Fury set is more fun to mess around with than anything else they've put out since the game moved past WT4.

Was nice to see optimization station finally back, but even after the -75% cut that shit is retarded expensive unless you have 1000+ SHD points.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

<Gold Donor>
They learned/applied nothing from Div1 and the game was pretty much dead a month before the first raid came out and I think they delayed it on top of that.

Getting all the masks were fun but a few were super bugged for the first 3 months. You get some bad rng and it was a tad rough. You could just exploit most everything with a broken ass seeker bomb build and a team of that just pushed shit in.

The fucking tech builds from div1 were so broken forever and they just applied the same shit to the second. This game still bugs me because I want to play it and love it but im a beaten wife at this point and I have to say no (until the next time).

The Camp David mission is awesome, I loved getting on a little tipsy and running Tidal Basin or whatever because it could fuck you up if you had some bad random matchmaking. The Zoo one was cool but the bugs made it real hard to keep playing. A random mod would get stuck in a spawn point or some shit and there goes 30 minutes.

I love you and miss you Division.
Well, I am brand new to the entire series, and waited until now to get it. I am a blushing bride and baby she rides me raw. Like level seven and I can't be arsed to leave the first area cause I got three question marks left.

• 1Worf

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Well, I am brand new to the entire series, and waited until now to get it. I am a blushing bride and baby she rides me raw. Like level seven and I can't be arsed to leave the first area cause I got three question marks left.
Its a 100% better now with gear and everything.

• 1Like

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Quick question - am I better served at the endgame trying to advance all the world tiers or just jumping straight to the NYC expansion? Thank you.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Quick question - am I better served at the endgame trying to advance all the world tiers or just jumping straight to the NYC expansion? Thank you.
Curious about this as well. I have a couple of friends starting the game brand new. Should we just play through the DC storyline and immediately jump to WONY or? Thought about just boosting characters straight through and then back track through the DC stuff.

I haven't played in almost 10 months.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just played through with a friend and we skipped the world tier shit. Beat DC campaign then went straight to NY.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed playing through DC once, but this Tier stuff kinda seems like padding unless there's gear or unlocks I need, that sort of thing.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just played through with a friend and we skipped the world tier shit. Beat DC campaign then went straight to NY.
Did you have to use the "boost", or once you're 30 it just lets you go straight in?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Did you have to use the "boost", or once you're 30 it just lets you go straight in?
Went straight in. If you havent beat the DC campaign it gives you a warning that you might miss some accomplishments/achievements if you skip the DC story.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Curious about this as well. I have a couple of friends starting the game brand new. Should we just play through the DC storyline and immediately jump to WONY or? Thought about just boosting characters straight through and then back track through the DC stuff.

I haven't played in almost 10 months.
Best part of the game is the DC campaign. Play it through. Once done, play NY. Skip leveling the world tier stuff at L30 at the end of the DC campaign. I was a mission or two away from finishing DC and was reading a guide and the guide spoilered it, so...I boosted to L30. Got a lot of credits and gear.

Research the specializations carefully. You get free points with a boost to max one of them right away. After that, you gotta grind em.

That's the best way, IMO. DC campaign is the best. NY is just ok. I would have been mad at the spoiler, but I was mostly done with it anyway.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Best part of the game is the DC campaign. Play it through. Once done, play NY. Skip leveling the world tier stuff at L30 at the end of the DC campaign. I was a mission or two away from finishing DC and was reading a guide and the guide spoilered it, so...I boosted to L30. Got a lot of credits and gear.

Research the specializations carefully. You get free points with a boost to max one of them right away. After that, you gotta grind em.

That's the best way, IMO. DC campaign is the best. NY is just ok. I would have been mad at the spoiler, but I was mostly done with it anyway.

Actually advancing the world tiers is still fun, or at leas tit was for me. What got old was when I was done with all that shit, that's when the game gets real stale.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually advancing the world tiers is still fun, or at leas tit was for me. What got old was when I was done with all that shit, that's when the game gets real stale.
This.

I think about this game every six months or so, but I can't bring myself to reinstall it despite having a tremendous amount of fun for a few months before the enjoyment fell off a cliff.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This.

I think about this game every six months or so, but I can't bring myself to reinstall it despite having a tremendous amount of fun for a few months before the enjoyment fell off a cliff.
Yeah this game just misses the mark on end game loop. If they could figure this part out so youre not replaying the same damn missions 30 times for some obscure piece of loot, this franchise could go places. Aside that the leveling, story and missions were some great gaming.

Also, and this is just my take, the whole Tom clancy thing ruins this game IMO. They are stuck in this Tom Clancy universe which makes games boring. We cant have aliens, zombies, big huge monsters born out of nuclear waste, cuthulu type shit that would vastly improve this game, etc. Youre literally fighting the same thing over and over again. The only thing thats different is how many layers of armor some of the big bad bosses have on.

pysek

<Gold Donor>
I can see how that bloom will fall off the rose real fast but yes, the leveling and worldbuilding and story was good. Gameplay was fun, although I used two skills throughout the entire game. Never really got the hang of loadouts or switching. I figure I'll dick around DC til I get over it then just jump to NY when I feel like it. Thanks all.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I can see how that bloom will fall off the rose real fast but yes, the leveling and worldbuilding and story was good. Gameplay was fun, although I used two skills throughout the entire game. Never really got the hang of loadouts or switching. I figure I'll dick around DC til I get over it then just jump to NY when I feel like it. Thanks all.
Other than the remaining helicopter missions, I don't plan on pushing the game any farther. For one, I think there's just too much BS to level up and wade through on top of doing the same shit over and over. The higher difficulties the game is just bullet sponge yard trash ad infinitum.

Before that, though...A+ game.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
They announced a new free to play stand alone game coming, this could go either way of bad or worse with ubisoft in charge.
Also new game mode for td2 still on track for end of year.
Until then they will be repeating previous seasons.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is great news! Lets see what red storm can do with franchise. I thought Div shit would be dead now that Massive got Star Wars license. Guess I was wrong and its good they are trying to continue the Division story.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I have mixed feelings about all of it. I mean Massive obviously did a great job on it visually and on the open-world gameplay but they absolutely shit the bed with the looter shooter aspect of it. Red Storm has a track record of a ton of Tom Clancy games, but does this mean new Division will just be another Ghost Recon / Rainbow 6 sort of game?

Oh yeah and LOL at Division for mobile. Although COD Mobile has done gangbusters so I guess gamers get what they fucking deserve.