The Division

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Cool, another game that looks awesome on the pc, but won't be released on it! Cause no way that video has the game running on any kind of console.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The people talking over mics are terribly obvious that they're going through a script, but it would be hard to make an awesome demo without some amount of that, I guess. Looks like it has a lot of promise.
was thinking the same thing. script was terrible, but the game itself looks fucking amazing. and i agree, those are definitely computer graphics; either that or the ps4 is a lot better than i thought it was going to be.

Sean_sl

shitlord
was thinking the same thing. script was terrible, but the game itself looks fucking amazing. and i agree, those are definitely computer graphics; either that or the ps4 is a lot better than i thought it was going to be.
Both the The Crew and The Division were being played on PS4 kits on stage, iirc.

Sean_sl

shitlord
And BF4 was being played on a Xbox one.
Well, I trust Ubisoft a lot more than EA and they had people on stage with PS4 controllers. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on PS4 demos being played on PS4 dev kits (there weren't any production models, as far as I know, but there were dev kits). Also, the PS4 exclusive games that there's gameplay trailers out look gorgeous too.

EA did at least come out and admit that they were playing on PCs that were supposedly "Spec'd" to Xbones (not that that's credible).

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Well, I trust Ubisoft a lot more than EA and they had people on stage with PS4 controllers.
I know you have a raging hard-on for consoles, but Ubisoft is infamous for its bullshots. None of these games are ever played on consoles during these presentations. Just take a look at Watchdogs, that shit was played on a pc with a GTX 680.

There was another video later on, showing actual console gameplay and the whole thing was a washed-out, ugly mess. Given how many console games you play, you should know better by now than to trust gametrailers; i mean show me a game that actually looked like its trailer.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I'm guessing that play area was instanced and they stuck to a well defined route. Seems like way too much detail to stream unless there was a ssd involved. I'm curious how they will handle people mixed with so much clutter. Will they let you walk or jump on that stuff or just invisiwall it off?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I despise invisible walls with a fiery passion, but the new hotness in a lot of FPS games is to let you leave the area of play then kill you after a short grace period. No invisible walls, just death. That's not really better. I don't know what to call that, but it sucks.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Both the The Crew and The Division were being played on PS4 kits on stage, iirc.
i don't believe it. i remember seeing a demo of resistance for the ps3 before it was released and when i actually bought the ps3 and played the game it looked like shit.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i don't believe it. i remember seeing a demo of resistance for the ps3 before it was released and when i actually bought the ps3 and played the game it looked like shit.
It will be interesting to find out the facts of this. If the game doesn't actually look like that video when played on a PS4 then it's appeal drops off considerably.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just saw this in an article about the game.

"Players using their mobile devices can control drones to spot enemies and assess a combat situation. That drone has its own distinct upgrade progression, too"

So, FUCK YEA!

I'm guessing that play area was instanced and they stuck to a well defined route. Seems like way too much detail to stream unless there was a ssd involved. I'm curious how they will handle people mixed with so much clutter. Will they let you walk or jump on that stuff or just invisiwall it off?
One of the primary benefits for having 8 Gigs of fast RAM this generation is all the open-world games we're seeing. Sure you won't be able to go through every door, and there will be occlusion tricks to keep things within reason, but it'll be awholelot more open than whats capable on today's hardware for sure.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I know you have a raging hard-on for consoles, but Ubisoft is infamous for its bullshots. None of these games are ever played on consoles during these presentations. Just take a look at Watchdogs, that shit was played on a pc with a GTX 680.

There was another video later on, showing actual console gameplay and the whole thing was a washed-out, ugly mess. Given how many console games you play, you should know better by now than to trust gametrailers; i mean show me a game that actually looked like its trailer.
Also forgetting the insane amount of polish and extra work that goes into the E3 demos/trailers. You know damn well come launch time none of these games will look anything like how they are right now.

We all remember this, right?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
So depressing this shit isnt on PC.
i concur. i've seen the specs for the ps4 and the xbox 720. i know consoles are different than pc's, but come on, the specs i've seen for both of these consoles are almost 5 years out dated when compared to even an average powered pc these days. if this game (and other ps4 games) look anything even remotely as good as that demo, then i'll actually consider buying one, but i still have a bad taste in my mouth from my ps3 purchase. that console overall was a piece of shit.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
i concur. i've seen the specs for the ps4 and the xbox 720. i know consoles are different than pc's, but come on, the specs i've seen for both of these consoles are almost 5 years out dated when compared to even an average powered pc these days. if this game (and other ps4 games) look anything even remotely as good as that demo, then i'll actually consider buying one, but i still have a bad taste in my mouth from my ps3 purchase. that console overall was a piece of shit.
The PS4 has the equivalent of a 7850 GPU. That's not 5 years old at all. This is nothing like the PS3 where you have 512mb of GPU ram to work with. These are stronger than most gamers computers according to steam. We are the exception not the rule. We are hardcore gamers. These consoles will help PC gaming FAR more then they'll hold it back.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
This game just looks fucking amazing. I do cry at the thought of playing such a game at 400ms though.