The E-cig Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
So is this actually a thing with any science behind it or are they just scapegoating vaping in general for people getting bad juice?

Who knows, their are people with alergies to PG and VG also there are some chemicals in certain flavorings (bakery , cereals, etc)that can cause breathing problems (see popcorn lung). The supply side of the juice industry has been weeding a lot of that out. Commercial juice has a lot of unknowns in it, buncha food coloring etc. You are ingesting shit that is not tested or regulated in any way. I DIY all my juice, and get all my conponents from reputable (tobacco producer licensed) sources, so in theory what I am inhaling is a lot more 'known'. Only thing this is going to do is make kids have to mix their own Kool-Aid instead of sipping it from a can.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kais

<Gold Donor>
From what i've been reading, early indications from the FDA investigating these illneses are linking it to vitamin E being used in the carrier (ex: VG/PG) of street made THC pen juice. The Vitamin E when aresolized do very bad things. The link (the strength of which i'll let you be the judge) is the focus is on the sick kids, who also use those JUUL pods. JUUL is currently under investigation for public claims their products are safer than cigs without having done any clinical research to prove such statements. Also, marketing campaigns in schools with and without teachers or parents present. Same things happend to big tobacco in the 70s and 90s. Maybe if they can nail JUUL they can nail the rest of the industry.

And honestly? fuck those pods. I see those things on the ground everywhere. Parking lots, gutters, crosswalks. Shattered plastic shards of unbiodegradable trash that will jsut get swept into the grass and storm drains.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah this is fucked up. So now they will be banning flavored juices because of kids? How bout some enforcement so kids dont get their hands on vape shit? I could give a rats ass since I mix my own, but there will be a ton of people which are going to be back to smoking because of this shit. Fuck the FDA right in the ass. If anything they should be regulating what goes into these ejuices rather than outright banning them.

I have been vaping since like 2011 or 2012 and feel fine. Actually way fucking better than I ever have over smoking since I was 15.

Start enforcing the 18+ rule and start to actually fine these places selling to kids and they will not be able to get their hands as easily on them like they are. How come they can purcase vape pens but not malboros? My kids say the same shit. Middle school and high school bathrooms are filled with vaper dudes hanging out and vaping away and the bathroooms are filled with vapor clouds, lol.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Vaping is a problem and requires serious govt intervention because 6 people died...

Guns though, all good.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
More people died from choking on a potato chip yesterday, than they have from vaping.

This is a mystery worth solving. An older friend of mine vaped nicotine the last few years of his life. I think the vaping helped. And the stubborn bastard would have still smoked if not for the vaping.

If vaping actually *can be* less toxic than smoking, we need to get that clear imo. No BS. I think vaping, for some people, is a good thing. But this business needs to be gotten straight asap

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its for sure less toxic. I mean youre not inhaling burned shit and tar. Not saying vaping is good for you, im sure in its on way it bad. But just from my experience with smoking for some 20 yrs and then switching to vapes, it was like night and day difference for me. The coughing, gone, the wheezing, gone the feeling like shit, gone. I can vape like a mo-fo while drinking like a champ and wake up the next day without feeling like I have a mac truck parked on my chest...

Same shit with the wife. When she switched over, and it took some doing on my part, as she loved her smokes, I can see the difference in her as well.

But again, I mix my own shit. I was always hesitant in trusting someone else. I know exactly what goes into my juice, pure Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol and food grade flavors, oh and nicotine extract of course.

Back when I began vaping, there was not 10,000 sellers trying to sell you juice, we had a few for sure but most at the time was still coming from china, and fuck if im gonna trust waht they put in it. Plus the prices were shit, paying something liek $10+ for 30ml? Fuck that.

Anyway, if you vape, PLEASE consider mixing your own flavors. Its cheap, the flavors are cheap so you can try all kinds of shit, and be rest assured youre not inhaling bezine and other shit.

Oldbased

> Than U
Looks like Ecigexpress gave in to the vape hate bans and no longer sells eliquids just flavors. My 70/30/18mg nic 250ml bottles for $11 are just a dream now.
Anyone else selling pre mix liquid I add my own flavors too left in business?
I stopped by a local shop and it was $25 for 120ml and its oily and shitty. Already missing my ecig juice.

Found out why.
That sucks. Fuck regulations. Their shit was clean and tested and they didn't sell vitamin E mixed THC killers.
Big Death Sticks wins again. Someone in Seattle probably got a jeep or some shit.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Looks like Ecigexpress gave in to the vape hate bans and no longer sells eliquids just flavors. My 70/30/18mg nic 250ml bottles for $11 are just a dream now.
Anyone else selling pre mix liquid I add my own flavors too left in business?
I stopped by a local shop and it was $25 for 120ml and its oily and shitty. Already missing my ecig juice.

I think Liquid Barn sells pre-Mix bases. That or buy the trio VG PG Nic Salts and a $20 digital scale from Nic River.

Salts is the way to go. If you buy NicRiv salts, buy the 'hit's ones not the 'smooth' ones. Sooth is too smooth imo.

Oldbased

> Than U
I think Liquid Barn sells pre-Mix bases. That or buy the trio VG PG Nic Salts and a $20 digital scale from Nic River.

Salts is the way to go. If you buy NicRiv salts, buy the 'hit's ones not the 'smooth' ones. Sooth is too smooth imo.
I went with Liquid Barn. Had to spend $50 to get free delivery but I ended up spending a tad more. I got 5 500ml pre mix bottles and a 10 pack flavor assortment. The bottles have a best by 7/2020 on them but I put 4 in the freezer. That is basically a whole year of ejuice and flavors for $75. I picked up 3 5 pack coils and 2 new samsung 30inr batteries locally. No matter what Trump does, I'm set till 2021ish without spending another dime.

• 1Solidarity

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I went to my place (vapeshop.com) and it's still selling.

I smell Tobacco industry fucking shit up to get it banned all over this personally. If I'm not mistaken, JUUL is one of the big tobacco's version of this? Just seems a tad too convenient. Oh well, I've been ramping down on the nicotine levels for a while now. I have one more step before hitting 0 mg, and I will do it and just be off the damn things. When will people learn that restricting things just makes them more attractive AND dangerous at the same time? Our government gets it, but there's a ton of money in fighting drugs, big tobacco, terror, or anything else that is nebulous in nature that our wonderful Bureaucracies can declare war on and then make billions to fund the good fight. But unfortunately the citizens do not for the most part.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
CDC just released an article stating that 100% of the people that have died had tests on their lungs performed that showed 1 consistent agent:

Vitamin E Acetate. Used to thicken/cut juice (usually used with THC juices on the black market)

"CDC has identified vitamin E acetate as a chemical of concern among people with e-cigarette, or vaping, product use associated lung injury (EVALI). Recent CDC laboratory testing of bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid samples (fluid samples collected from the lungs) from 29 patients with EVALI submitted to CDC from 10 states found vitamin E acetate in all of the samples.

Recent CDC laboratory test results of BAL fluid samples from 29 patients submitted to CDC from 10 states found vitamin E acetate in all of the samples.
  • THC was identified in 82% of the samples and nicotine was identified in 62% of the samples.
The latest national and state findings suggest THC-containing e-cigarette, or vaping, products, particularly from informal sources like friends, or family, or in-person or online dealers, are linked to most of the cases and play a major role in the outbreak.

So, as of now, 100% of those that had died and were tested had one chemical in common.

Stay safe and buy from reputed shops - never buy illegal vape juice off the streets, and question the ingredients to make sure you are clear of Vitamin E Acetate.

• 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
CDC just released an article stating that 100% of the people that have died had tests on their lungs performed that showed 1 consistent agent:

Vitamin E Acetate. Used to thicken/cut juice (usually used with THC juices on the black market)

"CDC has identified vitamin E acetate as a chemical of concern among people with e-cigarette, or vaping, product use associated lung injury (EVALI). Recent CDC laboratory testing of bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid samples (fluid samples collected from the lungs) from 29 patients with EVALI submitted to CDC from 10 states found vitamin E acetate in all of the samples.

Recent CDC laboratory test results of BAL fluid samples from 29 patients submitted to CDC from 10 states found vitamin E acetate in all of the samples.
  • THC was identified in 82% of the samples and nicotine was identified in 62% of the samples.
The latest national and state findings suggest THC-containing e-cigarette, or vaping, products, particularly from informal sources like friends, or family, or in-person or online dealers, are linked to most of the cases and play a major role in the outbreak.

So, as of now, 100% of those that had died and were tested had one chemical in common.

Stay safe and buy from reputed shops - never buy illegal vape juice off the streets, and question the ingredients to make sure you are clear of Vitamin E Acetate.

If you aren't DIYing your own juice you are 1- gambling on the ingredients used, 2 - over paying by 500%. Also big production places are maxing that ridiculous profit by using the lowest tier base ingredients.

Make your own juice,it's easy, tastes better (especially if you use nice salts), probably 'healthier' and saves you a fortune.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive been making my own juice for years and never heard of Vitamin E acetate. I never even seen it on any of the lists of chemicals I buy from wholesalers of juice products. So this must be exclusively used for THC shit, which I guess pretty funky since it is not water soluble, so yeah, you need to cut that shit with something to suspend it in a liquid.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Ive been making my own juice for years and never heard of Vitamin E acetate. I never even seen it on any of the lists of chemicals I buy from wholesalers of juice products. So this must be exclusively used for THC shit, which I guess pretty funky since it is not water soluble, so yeah, you need to cut that shit with something to suspend it in a liquid.

I have no clue why anyone want e-liquid weed anyhow, you can buy Vaporizers that mount on a box mod that can fire trees and or dabs.

Has to be a Kids and their Clouds thang. I always lolz at 'V-Sports'

• 1Like

Kais

<Gold Donor>
E-liquid THC is easier to "dial in your high" and then maintain discreetly as there's barely any smell. I'm for regulation vs banning. Just like poisonous bathtub gin during prohibition. At any rate, even pinning the illness on an illegal market doesn't seem to stop cities and states from enacting more prohibition laws on the wrong shoulders.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
E-liquid THC is easier to "dial in your high" and then maintain discreetly as there's barely any smell. I'm for regulation vs banning. Just like poisonous bathtub gin during prohibition. At any rate, even pinning the illness on an illegal market doesn't seem to stop cities and states from enacting more prohibition laws on the wrong shoulders.

The big vape juice supply houses sell the shit to make your own weed juice if thats your thing. Its just 1 different base liquid, at least if you build it your self you know there isnt any Vitamin E in it.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Sure, but the kids most likely buying this stuff have the attention span of gnats to begin with. Not likely ones to spend time researching juice and comparing mods. They buy what's in front of them. Been in a gas station vape store lately? The shit that sells are these $60 120ml bottles covered in neon sparkles. Red means strawberry, green means apple....

• 1Worf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Any of your guys vape thc oil cartridges that could help me out? I know nothing about vaping, in general. I started buying these cartridges a month or so ago, and I keep having a problem of the liquid coming up out of the mouthpiece. I have a tiny autodraw vaporizer. So do I need a better vape pen? Is there a standard one I should get for these 510 cartridges that works well? I was looking at these Kandypens Special Ks, gets good reviews, and it isn't an autodraw so it has multiple heat settings which might help?. But they kind of all get the same reviews, tried to solve this problem myself with google and everything i read is so full of jargon or whatever. I need the level 0 tutorial to explain to me how I am fucking this up and how I can fix it.

I have tried not pulling as hard, which is difficult with the autodraw since you have to sometimes, the liquid stops up the air hole sometimes. I have tried different brands of cartridges, and verified the ones I was getting were CCell which is supposed to be good. I've been storing the cartridges all upright in a room temp, dark place. idk what else I can even try beyond buying a new pen.

I considered making my own but, first problems first I guess.

Last edited: