The Edenville Dam in Midland, MI (world HQ of DOW Chemical) collapses forcing thousands to evacuate

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

iannis

Musty Nester
Well that's shitty I guess.

Glad that ain't my governor. Are those counties in like a state of emergency squared?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
whats that? about half an inch of water? HOAX FLOOD

1589984288980.png

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Downtown Midland is going to be under 9 feet of water soon. Fucking nuts.

Midland is the local rich yuppie city in the middle of several hundred square miles of what is otherwise hick country. Where your annoying cousin with the nice haircut that got that degree doing computers something something moves to when you guys grow up, if you live around here.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This is why private control of large scale infrastructure is a bad idea. Boyce Hydro bought the dam (and three others) when it was already in bad shape and in need of massive repairs, but instead of doing that they just pulled what revenue they could out of the system while playing lawyer-tag to dodge compliance until they could unload the property onto someone else.

It seems that they finally agreed to sell the dams to a public consortium that was gearing up to perform the necessary fixes, but not fast enough.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Reading some articles about this. "Government reminds people masks are mandatory in shelters" "President's visit on thursday to michigan is a violation of orders" are some of the things I'm seeing in news articles.

Lol, if only this flood of water could hit the governor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i estimate somewhere between 12-50 deaths from this disaster

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
(I'm obviously joking there, please God no one reply to that seriously lol)

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Man. Did this really need its own thread? This is not a huge deal. Now it'll be another doomer thread with exponential charts and bar graphs.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Do you personally know anyone affected by this flood? I dont. More scaremongering from the fake news media.

• 3Like
  • 2Salty
  • 1Triggered
Reactions: 6 users