The Edenville Dam in Midland, MI (world HQ of DOW Chemical) collapses forcing thousands to evacuate

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This year can truly suck a dick. So, at any rate, I grew up going to Wixom lake all the time as a kid, last year the wife and I bought a fixer upper near there on the Tittabawassee river that would serve as a small cabin and camping for friends to all gather once it was all done.

While I've not seen it with my own eyes yet, it's in the zone of major flooding from that dam failing. The river is supposed to be 14ft above flood stage by tonight.

I have some friends who don't live far from the Dow Chemical Plant whos containment ponds have now been confirmed to have overflowed into the floodwaters that are now all over that area as well.

So far about 14,000 have been evacuated. Luckily I have flood insurance, in MI if you don't have additional purchased flood insurance then you're screwed, you aren't covered.

At this point, I don't know what I'll be doing. Wixom lake is almost gone now and it'll be years before it's back. There's talks of lawsuits since it was warned a few years ago that the dam was in danger of failure then which is why the city has been trying to buy it (its privately owned) and this should show why privately-owned infrastructure is a horrible idea. If there's a lawsuit I'm sure I'll get in on it though I'm sure the payout won't be much once everyone gets a share, assuming we would win.

I feel bad for everyone impacted. As far as me personally, this for sure is not the year of Tarrant.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 8 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
View attachment 271565

Even further away, about half way between Midland and me.

Michiganders use the backs of their hand as a map of the lower peninsula, I'm in the middle of the thumb nail, Midland is just left of the thumb crotch south of the index finger, for perspective...

The place I buy my weed is right on the Saginaw river in Bay City, right by the bridge. Fuck lol.

Yeah Saginaw is going to be in serious trouble as well. Currently, the flood stage for them is 17ft and right now they are at just over 20 and are expected to hit 23-24.5 feet. Not to mention all the water coming for them is now also contaminated.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
FB_IMG_1590004639034.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Last edited:
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
well i tried to ninja edit 2 minutes later before some fag waded in with "AKCHUALLY"

but i was too late

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I was aiming for a range of 12-50. Close enough.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck somebody get me a lifevest I'm drowning over here.

But seriously i don't think this impacts me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Flint is 50 miles down the road from this, no joke lol

Right up I-75

Close to me as a rural Michigander, where I live driving 25 miles to work (past soybean, corn, and sugar beet fields) every day is pretty much the median commute. Tarrant is close but he's what we would call a "cidiot" (easier to say than spell, portmanteau of city+idiot lol) since he's an urbanite who merely owns summer property in the boondocks :p

Tarrant tho man for real man hang in there, life's gotta feel like a real bad one-two punch.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users