The Edenville Dam in Midland, MI (world HQ of DOW Chemical) collapses forcing thousands to evacuate

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Great job destroying the local economy with your forced evacuations. People die all the time, but the economic devastation from the evacuation will last a lifetime. Free michigan!

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

SeanDoe1z1

how do we know it that dam wasn't build with chinese concrete

anyone look into justin amash recently

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Do you personally know anyone affected by this flood? I dont. More scaremongering from the fake news media.
tuco might have gotten his flip flops wet

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Depends on how high the fence is I guess.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I found Tuco. No wonder he's too busy to update us.

• 9Worf
  • 1Rimshot
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Downtown Midland is going to be under 9 feet of water soon. Fucking nuts.

Midland is the local rich yuppie city in the middle of several hundred square miles of what is otherwise hick country. Where your annoying cousin with the nice haircut that got that degree doing computers something something moves to when you guys grow up, if you live around here.

Not anymore you don't.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This is why private control of large scale infrastructure is a bad idea. Boyce Hydro bought the dam (and three others) when it was already in bad shape and in need of massive repairs, but instead of doing that they just pulled what revenue they could out of the system while playing lawyer-tag to dodge compliance until they could unload the property onto someone else.

It seems that they finally agreed to sell the dams to a public consortium that was gearing up to perform the necessary fixes, but not fast enough.

The dam was built privately, so I disagree. If it was public, I agree it shouldn't then transfer to a private entity.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
With his wooden bumpers Tuco Tuco can just sail away in his car

He'll be fine

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Do you personally know anyone affected by this flood? I dont. More scaremongering from the fake news media.

Yes. Very close to home for me, I have many friends and family whose houses are underwater.

The place I was attending school prior to getting cancer is ~15 miles from Midland city center. I was gearing up for a paid internship at Dow Chemical before I got sick.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
My wife's grandfather lives in Midland, it flooded pretty bad out near his hunting cabin.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_20200520-152846.png

Haven't actually been on FB much today (trying to force myself to 9-5 my novels, will zombie scroll for a bit later tonight) but a quick glance through just now while I'm taking a break is surprisingly like half tragic half hilarious

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_20200520-153628.png

This isn't even Midland, this is the larger nearby city of Saginaw

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_20200520-153831.png

Even further away, about half way between Midland and me.

Michiganders use the backs of their hand as a map of the lower peninsula, I'm in the middle of the thumb nail, Midland is just left of the thumb crotch south of the index finger, for perspective...

The place I buy my weed is right on the Saginaw river in Bay City, right by the bridge. Fuck lol.

• 1Like