The Elder Scrolls Online

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
idk it's not a big deal to spend 60$ every 4 months in the slight chance that there is a new mmo that doesn't suck

on a shit streak so far tho with SWTOR-TERA-DIABLO3-FF14-GW2 the past year or so

hqdefault.jpg

Xeldar

Silver Squire
^ or you can be a cool kid and buy all of those for 60 bucks, 2 years after they've all been released.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
It's usually pretty damn obvious how shit or mediocre a game will be based on beta... if you get so hyped up for these games, try the open beta at least. If you still want to try these games after several patches, don't, just wait until it goes F2P like all of them do these days.

Cthon_sl

shitlord
idk it's not a big deal to spend 60$ every 4 months in the slight chance that there is a new mmo that doesn't suck

on a shit streak so far tho with SWTOR-TERA-DIABLO3-FF14-GW2 the past year or so
I went all mad hatter with SWTOR pvp there for a few months. It was just something different. Force Push off bridge ftw. And TERA was just...weird.

Diablo 3 can choke on a diamond encrusted demon cock. That game was a massive disappointment.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

You say that it's NBD throwing money blindly at any number of MMOs as they come out, and then you mention that you're on a bad streak of luck.

This has a really easy fix - stop blindly buying into all of these MMOs. You can excuse one or two (maybe), but some of the ones you mentioned shouldn't surprise anyone unless you read no reviews and don't read any of the MMO threads whatsoever.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
There is always a post-release superpatch coming that will fix everything they never put on beta servers. Always. Any day now.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree that most mmos are mediocre to horrible in the long term. But in spite of that, I usually enjoy the first few weeks of most of them. Which is a lot more time than I spend in single player games that cost the same amount.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Yea, I havent actually bought into most of the hype in the last few years but the ones I picked out were worth the $60 if you just look at hours played. Not so much if you look at the wasted potential though (D3 and TOR come to mind). I'll probably sit this one out because Skyrim was/is really fun and I very much doubt a WoWification will improve upon it. Actually I'm expecting TOR 2.0 here.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Nah what happens is he sees all the warning signs. Says nonono. Day before its lauched he says what if its good and I fall behind. Buys downloads regrets
This is exactly what happened to me with SWTOR. Admittedly I enjoyed Tera and GW2 for my purchase price.

The only MMO I consistently go back to is EQ1 - I'm usually on for a few months, off for a few months.

Swagdaddy

Well I didn't buy those, I tried Vanguard for free and in my short time there it felt exactly like another WoW clone.

Just with shittier graphics/animations then the others.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Well I didn't buy those, I tried Vanguard for free and in my short time there it felt exactly like another WoW clone.

Just with shittier graphics/animations then the others.
First time I have heard vanguard referenced as a WoW clone.

Swagdaddy

Here's some quick excerpts from the Vanguard thread for ya

I tried this game but it started feeling a lot like a wow clone.

See quest giver go kill 5 *insert mob name here* spam hot bar until mob keels over go back to quest giver.

Made it to level 10, uninstalled
I won't deny that the IoD feels like a clone of other MMO's - it does.
Sadly VG has a million WoW style quests and even worse.
In fact, there are some areas like Cragwind where you can find kill quests for every snake, rock or scorpion mob around. Its mindblowing dumb and utterly boring. You just have to ignore this type of content if you want to really enjoy VG.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
So basically if a game as any type of quest or a hot bar it is a WoW clone?
I have a 43 ranger and not once did I think i was playing WoW with a different skin on it.