The Elder Scrolls Online

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Well Swagdaddy is mostly an idiot, so don't mind him too much. Yes, Vanguard has some tacked-on 10 bear-asses quest, but as it has been mentioned; you ignore these and do the group-zones, which are nothing like a WoW clone. Shit i don't even want to argue this point, Vanguard has many faults, but you have to be seriously stupid to call it a WoW-Clone.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I see lots of people bitch about the quests and I think its a valid complaint. What I don't ever see is anyone offering a suggestion to replace it. I'm sure no one wants to go back to forming a group and killing the same static 5 spawns over and over and over for 3 hours.

As for my suggestion, I think it might be nice to tie quests to zones. GW2 had kind of a good idea with events but their events frankly sucked. There should be a way for the zone to be constantly in a state of war with npcs from both sides pushing at various times with well defined ways to push the enemy back and make the enemy push. This way the zone is never dead, an issue in GW2, but instead stays alive and regardless if there are 100 people in the zone or 1 you should be able to accomplish the goal. Mob xp should also be significant. All loot should be significant.

In addition I'd like there to be an option to simply pharm stuff for level. Insert generic quest, make it repeatable but let me just gather tons of the items and turn them in once. Those centaur that gang banged the guys daughter should all die, not just 10 of them and move on. Collect 100 scalps and move on to the bears, collect 100 livers and turn them all in for 2 or 3 levels. I know that most people don't enjoy that type of game play but sometimes you just want to pharm some stuff and its nice to actually be rewarded for it.

I'd like to see both those options done right in a game which encourages grouping, makes all loot meaningful, has a strong player crafted economy and faction / open pvp with territory control.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
So basically if a game as any type of quest
If quests are like " Killed 0/5 <Inset mob name here>" and you just go back and forth collecting exp and insignificant loot upgrades after killing said mobs, yes that is the quest system created by WoW.

The hotbar combat was exactly like WoW, cycle through number keys 1-7 mob dies go back to quest giver for exp + shitty glove upgrade.

Swagdaddy

Yes, Vanguard has some tacked-on 10 bear-asses quest, but as it has been mentioned; you ignore these and do the group-zones, which are nothing like a WoW clone.
I said I only made it to level 10, all I saw was a crowd of random people running said "bear-ass quests" spamming hotbars while random mobs keeled over mindlessly and then uninstalled.

People weren't ignoring them by the way, they were all doing them repeatedly.

I didn't judge the whole game, only what I experienced until level 10. I quit when it felt like the same game I have tried 6 times with just different themes.

Swagdaddy

Well Swagdaddy is mostly an idiot, so don't mind him too much.
Sorry I called out this game for ripping off WoW and it made you mad, even experienced Vanguard players were admitting the obvious stealing and just said "Ignore all that content so you can enjoy the game".

Ignoring content to pretend a game didn't ripoff WoW is stupid, specifically when everyone around you is just running them over and over.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wow, 3 posts n a row...

rrr_img_11743.jpg

Swagdaddy

Nah, I just don't like making huge wall posts and 2 of their posts ninja'd in between mine.

For some reason I prefer making a wall of different posts, seems more readable.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I said I only made it to level 10, all I saw was a crowd of random people running said "bear-ass quests" spamming hotbars while random mobs keeled over mindlessly and then uninstalled.

People weren't ignoring them by the way, they were all doing them repeatedly.

I didn't judge the whole game, only what I experienced until level 10. I quit when it felt like the same game I have tried 6 times with just different themes.
I respect the fact you are tired of WOW derivative games and Isle of Dawn definitely ripped off WOW. However, I'm curious what exactly do you want in an MMO?

I have many issues with Vanguard, but I'm playing it because it has a ton of new, fresh open world dungeons I'm hoping to go play through and exploration to do, as well as fresh content. Plus, it's free. It sounds like you are tired of the true WOW model, and you might actually like Vanguard if you gave it a good shot.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
All that i remember bout vangaurd is it ran like ass..and how fun it was to play a bard..to be fair it six years later and Performance of the pc is up 600% so I guess it runs pretty smooth now..

Oh it happens to be the game that turned me into a foh lurker with that epic fucking post.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
and you might actually like Vanguard if you gave it a good shot.
Not to be a dick to him, but the guy blindly throws money at MMOs and then quits at lvl 10 because "OMG WOW Quests" and then calls Vanguard a WoW clone based on that alone (/boggle). I largely agree with what you said, but when he complains that he's played one shit MMO after another I have to wonder if the problem is with the MMOs that he's tried, or with him.

Swagdaddy

wut

I buy games because I like to try them and they are not expensive at all.

Also I do not quit them all at level 10, that scenario was specific to Vanguard which obviously I didn't pay for because it's F2P.

To Gecko, I heard Vanguard was EQ like with group dungeon grinding and stuff and that is why I tried it. But like I said the first 10 levels were the same 'ole ride I have been on dozens of times with just worse graphics / pc performance.

Considering re-downloading since a lot of people are saying that is just the way the beginning isle is.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I gotta agree with swag. Awhile vg did have that open world feel and open dungeon design it was still a quest driven game just with less game features.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I gotta agree with swag. Awhile vg did have that open world feel and open dungeon design it was still a quest driven game just with less game features.
Been avoiding this discussion because frankly it's moronic. Gather 10 bear skin quests were not invented by WoW, EQ had a ton of them. Oh and by the way EQ is called EverQUESTfor those who forgot their glasses. I can't believe you fell for this idiocy Draegan.

Swagdaddy

EQ did not have endless "Go kill 5 of this and return for large exp and redundant item you will replace in 20 minutes" type questing in every zone like WoW established and its clones continue to use.

You're retarded

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I believe he is referring to Crush Bone Belts and other similar quests. Though, you're right. They arent in every zone. Nor are they worth a flying f'k. Any quest that people found that was actually rewarding in its time vs effort was usually nerfed to shit in the following patch.

Swagdaddy

Yeah I figured that's what he meant, but it didn't really make sense in the context of what we were referring to in regards to WoW clones.

On a side note.... Hope TESO is good!

Itzena_sl

shitlord
EQ did not have endless "Go kill 5 of this and return for large exp and redundant item you will replace in 20 minutes" type questing in every zone like WoW established and its clones continue to use.
No, it had endless "Go kill 500 of these mobs so you can level up and sell the crap that drops to buy gear from a farmer" non-quests.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You're retarded
VG was more of an EQ2 clone by design, And EQ2 was quest driven you fucking moron. WoW didn't invent quest driven play. So stop shitting up threads with your complete full retard idiocy.

Playing a game to level 10 and then calling it a WoW clone because it has quests is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.