The Elder Scrolls Online

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Lol, so I logged in to see if they improved this pos yet. I move my mouse and my character just starts spinning. Hit esc menu pops up, and the spinning continues. Immediately uninstall. Seriously wtf were they thinking.
User at fault.

Blackwulf

N00b
You shill on your personal days for no pay? That's dedication.
Fuck, I'm getting paid, son. I get paid personal days. I was looking for an excuse to take a day, and I am a pretty big Elder Scrolls fan. No brainer!

Lol, so I logged in to see if they improved this pos yet. I move my mouse and my character just starts spinning. Hit esc menu pops up, and the spinning continues. Immediately uninstall. Seriously wtf were they thinking.
You just sound dumb. I mean.. you're trying too hard to sound cool. Really, it sounds like what would happen if my 77 year old mother tried to download and play her first MMO.

Oh nice, able to just level in pvp or still have to go to pve for 50?
You can level off PVP! You get bolstered to similar to level 50 stats, but a real level 50 will probably rape you in a 1v1.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I made a fat, balding, hairy Nord named The Hedgehog, but when I try to log in now it just says "Requesting character load" but that load never comes. Just a bug, or is the game trying to win me over with innuendo?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not bad so far, these loading screens though. Been loading Tamariel(sp?) for about 3 minutes so far and its still going.

spronk

FPS noob
to get into pvp hit level 10, then press L, click on the third button on the top right, click on special campaigns, then right click one of the two (fuck if I know the difference) and set it home. right click again and enter campaign.

now some random time later (4 minutes for me) you will hear a ding on your screen. thats it, no popup window or anything this is hardcore PVP son. you have 60 seconds to press L and click enter campaign (x i think?). then a 5 minute loading screen, and the game crashes. wee PVP!

it is absolutely mind blowing this game is launching in 2 months

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
to get into pvp hit level 10, then press L, click on the third button on the top right, click on special campaigns, then right click one of the two (fuck if I know the difference) and set it home. right click again and enter campaign.

now some random time later (4 minutes for me) you will hear a ding on your screen. thats it, no popup window or anything this is hardcore PVP son. you have 60 seconds to press L and click enter campaign (x i think?). then a 5 minute loading screen, and the game crashes. wee PVP!

it is absolutely mind blowing this game is launching in 2 months
I wonder if anyone knows the only real reason they are letting so many people in is to PR the numbers to generate hype from a viral level. They know they won't fix 60% of the shit that comes out of it. They just don't have the time.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
This game looks awful on so many levels (development, game design, combat gameplay, server infrastructure, etc) even corrupt websites like Massively frown upon Elder Scrolls Online. Zenimax really should work their PR better, reading some reviews feels like not only people were bored and confused, but they also managed to get them pissed.
Awful is too harsh. This game is mediocre in every aspect. Some might find it entertaining and worthwhile playing. I can see some MMO starved console players play this for a while but PC players have far better options especially with their premium price model. And no idea if the three digit figure everyone quoting is true. If, then that is really sad for the result at hand

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Awful is too harsh. This game is mediocre in every aspect. Some might find it entertaining and worthwhile playing. I can see some MMO starved console players play this for a while but PC players have far better options especially with their premium price model. And no idea if the three digit figure everyone quoting is true. If, then that is really sad for the result at hand
What portion of the mmo console group will be up for paying the monthly sub is what I am curious about.

I see the PC side of this tanking out within a couple months to very low pop. Their only chance is enough console players willing to pony up each month.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
This is the first time I've gotten a chance to play this game. Fortunately, I've played many MMOs in beta that are a lot worse than this. So... I guess it has that going for it.

The biggest problem so far... it's horrendously boring. My "expectations", seeing how it is an Elder Scrolls game, is that it would be more open-ended. It's not, not at all. I feel like I'm being led around through the history of boring MMO stories/quests.
It's an MMO. How many months did you play WOW or EQ doing the same thing?

Anyways, the main quest guides you. The side ones so far for me require a bit of discovery. The game is much improved from the last time I played.

The game isn't nearly as bad as the Trolls in this thread make it out to be. The UI and layout is nice. Combat is much, much better. The lag is a bit high, which is worrisome.

I'm leaning more towards buying it, since I might be able to get my usual 90 days out of this. It's far more fun than playing more WOW.

Well, first experiences so far:
Tooled around in character creation, checked out the orc, khajit and argonian.. all human bodies with an alien head stuck on top /sigh. Tried to create a character, server didn't respond. Hit 'create' a couple more times, game threw me out with an error code.

Log back in, character create round 2, finally it registers. Enter world.. UI throwing up an undismissable UI-error window in the middle of my screen... hitting dismiss error or 'x' doesn't actually dismiss the error window.

Log out, restart game... server undergoing maintenance. So yeah. I know its beta and all but damn.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
What in the unholy fuck is this crap.

I deleted the rest of my impressions because there's no point. It'd be easier to list the things that aren't shit.

Uh, the art looks nice.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Okay fine, I'll give you one to start with: How is it in a MMO you can't tell the difference between a player, a friendly NPC, or a creature that is going to attack you until you are close enough to rub cocks?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Okay fine, I'll give you one to start with: How is it in a MMO you can't tell the difference between a player, a friendly NPC, or a creature that is going to attack you until you are close enough to rub cocks?
Because Paul Sage didn't want it to be like WoW.

(Not kidding)

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
A friend asked if I was going to play this. I told her I would based on the merits of the game, rather than my want to play an MMO.

Looks like it's gonna be a pass. Unless some miracle patch comes out. But we all know those don't actually exist.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
This just further cements my viewpoint. Not all games that have open betas are successful but the games that hide behind NDA's always turn out.to be failures.

Flank_sl

shitlord
I think the control system / UI will take some time getting used to, as it is a bit of a blend of console and mmo. I am not ready to write the game off yet, though. My complaint with it so far is really that I am stuck on an island (again) doing a quest chain step by step with no way to explore the world. I am only up to level 6 though, as I had a never-ending loading screen and the login server has been down since I alt-f4 :/