The Elder Scrolls Online

Flank_sl

shitlord
I am sometimes getting loading screens that last several minutes. Server problems or memory leak? (I have a decent system, sometimes it loads instantly).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The loading is killing me and you have to load so much. To a point I just zone and tab out because it always seems to take 2-4 minutes.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Blizzard reported like 4.5 billion for all of 2013, and lets not forget CoD and Skylanders which earned way fucking more than WoW.
Kind of puts into perspective all of the CoD and reality based clone shooters we keep seeing

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I assume I can't just chain 9 seconds worth of knockdowns on players like I can all these npcs? Death grip, knock down, kill.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I am sometimes getting loading screens that last several minutes. Server problems or memory leak? (I have a decent system, sometimes it loads instantly).
I get the same problem. I don't think it's a memory leak, I believe it's a server side issue.

Okay gonna try to respect the NDA here.. So far its not all bad; actually there's a few things I'm quite liking so far, and it has its merits. But holy hell the bugs. I can't go literally 5 minutes without a game-breaking bug. Then, to top it off my OS ground to a halt.. why? Game vomited up a nearly 8GB error log file... on my C-drive, filled it up.. even though the game is installed on my E:\ drive. I'm wondering just how much polish they can accomplish in 2 months.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So far it's ok. Not mind blowing and definitely boring at times so just ok. Lot's of bugs but not the "needs a miracle patch to fix" kind. They are fixable but it's not like I've experienced any significant amount of the world yet.
One thing that worries me is the size of the world vs. server size. The world is giganto massive and even with 5,000-10,000 players you may not see players all that often once the population spreads out a but. If they aren't doing the one world model then this game is going to be empty.

Edit: I've been lucky enough to not experience any game breaking bugs. That appears to be total luck given other play reports.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So the safe bet with this is to do the pre-order on Amazon for the early access , try it for 5 days at launch and if it's still shit return to Amazon for zero cost (prime members anyway). Actually with 5 day CE head start could try for 3 days and cancel before it even ships and not have to bother dropping it off at UPS to return.

Or they can drop the NDA and have a full open beta for a couple weeks before launch and show me they are confident in the final product.

Not too much to ask.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
My friend on vent tried to solo queue up for cyrodiil pvp or whatever and he is stuck on a loading screen for 15 minutes. He eventually just quit and we're going to go play another game for a bit. It was pretty funny hearing him explain to me how to set up guild stores over and over because that's what the loading screen has taught him.

Anybody actually get into cyrodiil at all? Just curious.

EDIT - he actually left the game on. it was stuck on the loading screen for 45 minutes then he alt+f4'ed.

spronk

FPS noob
yes I got in and played for about an hour, its basically GW2 WvWvW - 3 factions, big maps, zergs, siege weapons, lumber/mines, all that jazz

spronk

FPS noob
the pvp zone? each faction controls like 6 keeps, if you win enough (all?) keeps your side gets to crown an emperor. who does ... stuff...

just like GW2 though its incredibly zergy and whichever side can get a good 24 hour rotation of people coming in will basically win it all. the pvp stuff has a timer, and once your side "wins" all the keeps your side keeps the emperor slot for a while. the maps are massive too, while you can teleport around the keeps you own it still takes like 5 minutes to go on foot from a forward keep to the enemy keep. prob faster on horse. pvp combat is atrocious though, given in pve you have no idea whats really happening its 100x worse in PVP with a big zerg around. way too much PVE in the pvp too, having to take down walls and level 50 npc soldiers (as a level 10, no boosting) and generals and flag caps and shit

just like old school wow AV there are a bunch of stupid PVE quests in the pvp zone too, like "go find my husband!" (who is dead) so its gonna be dumb when your side has the 10 retards who are only in it to get PVE xp. The PVP xp seemed pathetic, in 1 hour I got around 4k xp zerging keeps, basically 1/10th the PVE quest XP. maybe I was doing it wrong though, I was in a 24 man raid group.

Blackwulf

N00b
They did some kinda maintenance. Fixed the super long zone times for me, but it might be cause there aren't a lot on the server yet...

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Weird, I have yet to see a single bug in my first 8 levels and a bunch of quests. I also dig the UI. It's setup very well, and reminds me of a hybrid of Rift and Skyrim.

The only thing I am seeing is really long load times. Like, multiple minutes sometimes.Generally I just alt tab out, but it's pretty bad.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I took a quick look at the beta forums and didn't see anything, but anyone know what's up with a sound bug? I have no in game sound. Sound in game is enabled and turned up. I have sounds outside of the game. Tried starting the game three times now with still no sound. Anyone else getting this?

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Every other MMO beta I've played the other players looked adventurous, eager to explore, just having a great time from the start. In this game everyone looks like confused little lost kids wandering around blindly. A weird thing to notice but it hit me like a brick and I can't shake it. Makes playing really fucking weird.