The Elder Scrolls Online

kudos

<Banned>
Is this your farewell to the thread then? If so I'm right there with you hoping EQNext is worth playing. See you in that thread once the game gets more meat to it.
H1Z1 I hope is what he's talking about EQN is beginning to sound stupid from everything I've seen.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Warlock jewelery is hard to beat.
Atm (VR9) I'm running with both Seducer (cost spell reduction 3%) and Magnus Gift (5% chance to negate a spell). I've tried them and they both work, tho I'd be curious about stacking Magnus Gift. 10% chance to negate spell looks interesting. Right now as a healing Templar magicka management seems best, tho I haven't tried +spell dmg gear yet. Dunno how it scales.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
A bit late I know, but auto scaling mobs to your character's level I think was one of the stupidest ideas I have ever seen in any game. Put that in an MMO? Holy hell that would be even worse. What would be the point of leveling up if it never made you feel more powerful?

A bit late I know, but auto scaling mobs to your character's level I think was one of the stupidest ideas I have ever seen in any game. Put that in an MMO? Holy hell that would be even worse. What would be the point of leveling up if it never made you feel more powerful?
GW2 does a great job of scaling but it scales you down but still makes you feel powerful relative to the zone.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Personally the games are excellent without mods and most people agree with that considering the VAST majority of sales are for consoles and not PC where the modding community exists.

Skyrim : The Elder Scrolls V Statistics | Statistic Brain

Regardless, even the tiny 14% of PC buyers I'm fairly sure that only a small fraction of them mod the game. Claiming the game is only fun with MODS or that they some how impact sales of games in any meaningful manner is dubious.
Completely 100% agree. The only thing I would question with the PC sales though, to be fair, is if they counted digital sales. Skyrim was on top of the charts for God only knows how long on steam even at full price. It would be interesting to see how many units were purchased via digital sales through Steam, Amazon Tony, and GMG (And others) With that said, it obviously came no where near the amount of console market sales.
If you two ever get the hankering to play Oblivion or Skyrim on the PC again, I highly recommend you try some of these mods.

Skyrim

The ones with several million downloads are the ones to look at first. The Skyrim UI is a must have. It replaces the console friendly vanilla UI with one extremely more PC user friendly.

For Oblivion,I will just link to one.Back when I played it, it was considered the best of the overhauls. It totally revamps how the vanilla game plays in pretty much every major aspect.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Is this your farewell to the thread then? If so I'm right there with you hoping EQNext is worth playing. See you in that thread once the game gets more meat to it.
If I get a refund like Ut did, then probably. I like the game but not enough to sub for it with all the early problems now.

If no refund then it goes on the shelf (so to speak) until F2P hits, then I'll give updated impressions.

But yeah, Landmark and this new zombie game I'm looking at seem like a nice waste of time between them for me. With a lifetime sub to DCUO not much I have to worry about from them really. Hopefully it'll be more than this usual fare. I'm not sure how much many more average mmos I can take before I say enough, and just stick to things like Hearthstone or something.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Atm (VR9) I'm running with both Seducer (cost spell reduction 3%) and Magnus Gift (5% chance to negate a spell). I've tried them and they both work, tho I'd be curious about stacking Magnus Gift. 10% chance to negate spell looks interesting. Right now as a healing Templar magicka management seems best, tho I haven't tried +spell dmg gear yet. Dunno how it scales.
Have you checked out using 2 warlock rings and one warlock amulet? It basically amounts to one free Magicka potion every minute when you need it. Which amounts to a free spell every minute. 3% magicka reduction results in about a free spell every 32 casts, so if you feel like you're casting enough to amount to 32 casts per minute then yeah 3% is better.

I don't really know many people who are casting 32 times a minute consistently enough to warrant the 3% though.

Hope this helps.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Simple Knockback effect on Boss spawning would be a good temp fix.
Another would be dynamic max health increase based off radius from boss and amount of players. and/or lvl of player.
Another would be paired with player lvl and "logging" of killed by=playername if X amount/level=phased
Another would be autoafk/forced logout on location+time if no change in loc or loc radius
Another....logoff=zonestart if in dungeon.

I am not sure why there are lvl 40+'s in lvl 10 and 20 dungeons anyways? This related to that whole VR crap for lvling? I cant imaging the loot being that great if any at all. Last I remember after X lvl from the boss you got zip! Whats the deal?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
If you are having major lag spikes or long loading screens, check your firewall configuration, especially if you use Windows Firewall, to see if ESO.exe is listed as an authorized executable.

Can't paste the links, but on the Customer Service forums are two threads Major Lag Spikes and Endless Loading Screens Fix. According to some posters, when you install the game it doesn't add the exe file as an authorized file in Windows Firewall. I use AVG firewall and the first time I launched the game, I got a popup prompt to authorize the executable to access the internet. This could explain why I am not experiencing the major lag problems some of you are having.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, it's been fun.

Unfortunately, this isn't even going to last the month for me and I blame the Wildstar beta. Not so much that Wildstar is a better game, but for it really shining a light on the ridiculous stuff you have to tolerate in ESO and the unbelievable absence of key MMO features. Things like having a functional UI, somewhat challenging leveling content, fostering of social behavior, an auction house, and variation in leveling environments, they make a huge difference to me. Personally, I still would not recommend ESO to anyone looking for a solid MMO experience. Yes, there is a ton of content and a really amazing class system, but the frustratingly boring quests/leveling and ridiculous ui/grouping limitations make it utterly painful to play.

I commend those that have hit Vet ranks because the thought of having to level through two more factions would make me suicidal.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Well, it's been fun.

Unfortunately, this isn't even going to last the month for me and I blame the Wildstar beta. Not so much that Wildstar is a better game, but for it really shining a light on the ridiculous stuff you have to tolerate in ESO and the unbelievable absence of key MMO features. Things like having a functional UI, somewhat challenging leveling content, fostering of social behavior, an auction house, and variation in leveling environments, they make a huge difference to me. Personally, I still would not recommend ESO to anyone looking for a solid MMO experience. Yes, there is a ton of content and a really amazing class system, but the frustratingly boring quests/leveling and ridiculous ui/grouping limitations make it utterly painful to play.

I commend those that have hit Vet ranks because the thought of having to level through two more factions would make me suicidal.
I find it endlessly fascinating that people can have such divergent views of something. Nothing in my experience leads me to complain about ESO in those regards, while I would have a number of those criticisms of Wildstar (I haven't seen the UI since the last stress test but back then it was terribly overbusy, the leveling content wasn't appreciably harder, it does have an auction house but I don't notice its absence from ESO because items in most cases tend to be transient, etc).

The quests if you take the time to read through them are really well written for the most part and probably the best since TSW. I haven't grouped that much formally but have adhoc-grouped in almost every dungeon I have played through, where several players stick together to work through the content and it works out fine. No, we aren't sitting at the corner in KC medding and telling stories but if it were that kind of game, I probably wouldn't be playing, or at least playing it that way.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
+ nets to my man Utnayan for the heads up about the refund. I followed his directions, gave reasons why I wanted a refund, and am omw to getting one ($70). Thanks duders!

Vitality

HUSTLE
+ nets to my man Utnayan for the heads up about the refund. I followed his directions, gave reasons why I wanted a refund, and am omw to getting one ($70). Thanks duders!
+nets x2 - saves people the trouble of going through the credit card companies for the charge back rig-a-maroo