The Elder Scrolls Online

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I just emailed their customer support and they emailed back with a few instructions which basically amounted to saying sorry their game sucked, here is your refund. I would have to say they must be getting lots of requests because it looks like a fairly copy/paste email. I would assume if they are allowing you to refund the purchase through them directly, they would allow third parties to do it. Whether they want too or not remains to be seen. Depends on how good their customer service is. Amazon would be a better shot than say, Green Man Gaming.
Well dammit, I should've sprung for the edition that came with the mount. Being the 1 guy in 100 who didn't have a horse until 30 kinda sucked lol. Tks!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah too bad but now its better to buy gold then buy the horse IMO. Considering its .22/k and 17k is like $3.74 :p Can find regular editions for $35. Seen Imperials for $40 too.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
What level have you made it to in ESO? Also what PVP rank are you?
Does my level have anything to do with my assessment of the UI and the overall writing in the quests? Look at the items I was responding to:

Xaxius_sl said:
...the unbelievable absence of key MMO features. Things like having a functional UI, somewhat challenging leveling content, fostering of social behavior, an auction house, and variation in leveling environments, they make a huge difference to me.
and tell me what my level has to do with it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Does my level have anything to do with my assessment of the UI and the overall writing in the quests?
Someone without first-hand experience with the game in a deep level can have correct opinions about it, but yes, I'd say your amount of experience in the game has a huge impact on your ability to assess it.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
+ nets to my man Utnayan for the heads up about the refund. I followed his directions, gave reasons why I wanted a refund, and am omw to getting one ($70). Thanks duders!
Good to hear you guys who don't like the game are able to get your money back. Has any other MMO ever given full refunds like that? I've never quit one that I bought within the first month so I've never had to try to get a refund. I didn't make it past a month in Neverwinter but it was F2P, which is one of the positives of that financial model.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Good to hear you guys who don't like the game are able to get your money back. Has any other MMO ever given full refunds like that? I've never quit one that I bought within the first month so I've never had to try to get a refund. I didn't make it past a month in Neverwinter but it was F2P, which is one of the positives of that financial model.
We are getting refunds because it is broken as fuck. If it wasn't broken, I am guessing more would stay on. You are correct though, they didn't even have to do that, so I am glad they made the right decision here.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Damn bro, I was just wondering what level and pvp rank you made it to...
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!111! ARE YOU THREATENING ME????

Sincerely, my apologies. I took that entirely the wrong way and internet-snapped back unnecessarily.

At this point I think I am 28? in the Greenshade with my main and only PVP rank 2, which I got like the 2nd day of Early Access. Between my early technical issues and work/fam being extraordinarily demanding of my time the last few weeks, I am struggling just to log in every day (not succeeding) and progresssomething. I do enjoy occasionally getting to see Cinge and Rescola amongst the guild chat, though.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
I find it somewhat interesting that people are forcing themselves to play for 200+hours and supposedly hating the game the entire time and pressing for refunds. Some of the very people I see shitting up this thread about how much the game sucks and whatnot are the same people that are logged into the game for an estimated 16+hrs a day.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I find it somewhat interesting that people are forcing themselves to play for 200+hours and supposedly hating the game the entire time and pressing for refunds. Some of the very people I see shitting up this thread about how much the game sucks and whatnot are the same people that are logged into the game for an estimated 16+hrs a day.
Who in this thread puts in 16hrs a day in ESO?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
We are getting refunds because it is broken as fuck. If it wasn't broken, I am guessing more would stay on. You are correct though, they didn't even have to do that, so I am glad they made the right decision here.
Rift is the only MMO I played at launch that wasn't "broken as fuck". I guess it's all subjective.

If you browse thru the first few pages of the Customer Support forum, there are a few posts involving the technical infrastructure problems affecting the game. Most complaints about lag and weapon swap delay are coming from the Euros forced to play on the EU server still hosted in the US. That only makes sense and are legit.

There are also a few threads discussing broken quests that are preventing progression. Obviously a legit problem.

By far and away the most frequent thread topic are complaints about botting, which in reality are not technical problems with the game that can be fixed. For every thread about legit technical problems with the game, there are roughly 5 threads complaining about botting. In other words, it looks like significantly more players are pissed off about botting than there are players pissed off about technical problems with the game.

Just pointing out an observation. Interpret it however you want.

PS: The horde of botters out there are obviously selling their gold for real life cash to someone. I wonder how many players who were involved in the recent mass banning, many of which got overturned, are guilty of buying gold from the botters?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!111! ARE YOU THREATENING ME????

Sincerely, my apologies. I took that entirely the wrong way and internet-snapped back unnecessarily.

At this point I think I am 28? in the Greenshade with my main and only PVP rank 2, which I got like the 2nd day of Early Access. Between my early technical issues and work/fam being extraordinarily demanding of my time the last few weeks, I am struggling just to log in every day and progresssomething. I do enjoy occasionally getting to see Cinge and Rescola amongst the guild chat, though.
I didn't know you were in the guild. Shoot me a tell next time you are on at the same time as me.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, since now you have to show credentials to state your opinion :

Kk0knYM.png

PvP has potential. The french PvP community (inb4 WW2 jokes) all went on Chrysamere, which means you kill people you know, they flame you and forum wars ensue. It's nice, that's what we do. Combat gameplay is somehow fun and engaging. I managed to stay ahead of the flock so leveling was good (3 broken quests from 1 to 50, then a couple bugged ones during VR content). Maybe I'm lucky but I didn't really experience infuriating bugs or too many infinite loadings / crashes. I also run 2 monitors and I have steady 60fps all the time. My main concern is no Eu located server, during primetime weapon swap is horrible and some people have lag spikes / rubberbanding. They really need to communicate on this matter otherwise I (and a lot of other Europeans) won't pay a sub to play a game with 200ms and input delay. They have planned their magic patch around May, but while I care about content US located server is a no go to me. Also bring guild tags or cloaks in PvP please.

I made a list, people like lists :

- Eu server located in US : bad gaming experience, bad performance. Will probably make a lot of people to cancel their sub.
- VR1-10 content (which will get nerfed as soon as filthy casuals and stay at home dads will figure how "hardcore" it is right now) : here, we developed 3 factions with 3 leveling contents, there's no way you'll only grind one !
- Lack of social / guild / community / PvP features in PvP.
- Guild Store is an awful idea and it was developed by evil people who like to make other people suffer. You'd better spam that chat to sell that sword.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Meh, gonna drag myself to the all-call tonight with PRX but I think it might be my last night. Feel like im letting them down, love the environment, but the game just isn't pulling me in.