The Elder Scrolls Online

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I don't think anyone is going to be 'buttmad', dude.

It's pretty clear at this point that the combat is some of the least responsive or impactful in the industry. Your inability to identify these problems are not evidence against their existence.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Combat is definitely not perfect, though my issues with it are more with random targeting glitches and not being able to hit something for no apparent reason one second and then magically I can the next. I do find combat enjoyable though, overall, and not archery, archery definitely dropped the ball in ESO compared to how much I've enjoyed it from the single player iterations of the game. Not just on effectiveness because that is understandable, it needs to be balanced, but on impact, sound, weight, feel whatever descriptors you want to throw at it. I've started up a Dragonknight to muck around with some friends and have been enjoying it quite a bit more than I remember liking my Templar or Nightblade. I also get the added benefit of my daughter sitting in my lap mesmerized by my "kitty" khajiit while I play, so silver linings. No one can pretend the game doesn't have issues. But it has value and some meat to it for the casual fantasy gamer. Still the biggest let down of all time for me game wise I think, but those were my unrealistic and fanboy'ish expectations as much as the issues with the game.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Downloaded today. Group of friends talked me into playing. Customer Service was nice enough to give me some free time so that works for me. I haven't played since the earlier phase of beta. Hoping it's a decent experience. Absolutely bored right now in terms of MMO's.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
MMORPG.com review of IC DLC:

Free Mobile MMORPG List and MMO Games - MMORPG.com

The review gets one thing wrong. If a player kills you in IC, you lose 80% of your TV stones, which has led to a lot of QQing by the PVEers.

Wheeler's change to how AOEs are coded appear to have fixed Cyrodil lag. I spent about 20 hours PVPing over Labor Day weekend and not once did I experience lag in either IC or Cyrodil.

The increased TTK has for the most part eliminated one-shot instagibs from gankers. End result has been PVP encounters that can last several minutes. A guild group ranging from 12-16 members over the course of several hours had multiple encounters against similar sized groups where the fights lasted over 5 minutes. Personally I prefer this kind of PVP compared to other games where the TTK is measured in a few seconds.

Only major problem with the IC DLC is that something is screwed up behind the scenes that is causing significantly long zone loading times in both IC/Cyrodil as well as in PVE zones. I'm talking 2-3 minutes in length. ZOS said they have a fix for it but it didn't make it into the patch this week. Very annoying to say the least.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I spent about20 hours PVPing over Labor Day weekendand not once did I experience lag in either IC or Cyrodil.
I am sorry
frown.png

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This is 30% of this week @ PSN.

What's the verdict bros? Can I play this like Skyrim on my couch as a single player game with the occasional pal/bro/party? Does the fancy expensive version provide much value for the extra cost?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This is 30% of this week @ PSN.

What's the verdict bros? Can I play this like Skyrim on my couch as a single player game with the occasional pal/bro/party? Does the fancy expensive version provide much value for the extra cost?
What else (besides rocket league) are you playing right now? If the answer is nothing (it probably is, since there's nothing on the horizon until Nov) it's definitely worth $20-40.

-Quest stories/voice acting are bad in the game. If you're some kind of story nut avoid it.
-Pretty bare bones feature wise. No player housing or anything like that.
-PvP feels pointless and bland. This will be fixed when nameplates are in 'soon' (tm)
-Massive amount of endgame content with Imperial city, Craglorn, Dragonstar Arena, PVP, and all the dungeons. Hundreds of hours.
-Character building and advancement is some of the best in the industry.
-Interesting player economy if you are into that.
-Level 1-50 is an absolute /faceroll if you're an MMORPG vet. Veteran levels are significantly more challenging.
-Dungeons are standard 2015 fare. Trinity combat exists. Healing is fun as fuck, can't speak to any of the other roles. Tanks are VERY in demand and you simply won't wait for groups ever.
-Gear is super compelling with interesting set bonuses that affect the meta. Crafting is deep and essential.
-controls feel really good with a console controller.
-If you roll a character on any faction except Ebonheart Pact the world is painfully bland, boring, and samey.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
There's no reason to play this game if you have something that is holding your interest until Fallout 4 comes out.

It sounds like you do, so I say this is not a smart purchase. You'd only have time to experience the absolutely terrible leveling grind, and won't get to any of the fun/challenging high end content.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
A friend got me this last week on the humble deal. Took me 5 days to download it! Here's my late-to-the-party observations:

I'm enjoying it quite a lot in the lower levels. As my 427 hours of Skyrim playtime will attest, I am a bit of an elderscrolls fan. They did a good job on the world art and flavour, and the quests so far are quite good.

Combat is a bit muddy, and has that guildwars 2 problem of easy easy easy easy dead? Like suddenly you are dead and you have no idea why. There is a nice summary screen when you keel over that shows the last few hits, but it rarely makes any sense.

Character models are not great, as you would sort of expect from an Elderscrolls game. This time though there's no better faces + better bodies + 69 hairstyles mods to come in and save the day. The faces on Bretons and Nords are very flat and I had no luck making a look I liked. I did make a pretty Bosmer, which was new. Usually the mer are kinda horsefaced.

Love the music, love the voices. I suddenly realized last night I was sharing a cave with Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, and Commander Shepard herself. They also have that hilariously overused generic nord-guy kicking about. I can just hear him saying "I hear the fighter's guild is looking for new members!".

It likely won't last very long. With my connection only a mage really works as there's no way I can block or dodge (I do both and whatever it is hits me anyway), plus the enemy position is often desynched so I'm swinging at where they used to be. Rural ISPs are useless.

Cities are a stark reminder of how ancient my gaming pc is as well. I choke so bad running through towns that the game will sometimes just give up and throw up a loading screen.

The main thing I love about it though is it sets the keepalive flag on the tcp socket. My ISP has developed this wonderful habit of closing all tcp connections at somewhat random intervals. Anything from Korea just dies when this happens. Wildstar too, just dumps you out. So I am quite pleased that I've never been dumped out of this game.

I'm not really qualified to give a review because my highest character is level 10, but thumbs up so far.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Well the patcher started flipping out a few days ago. The goog for the errors are plentiful, and I had a couple friends fire their patchers up and they got the same thing. At some point in following one of the suggested fixes the repair function decided it would be a good idea to just delete everything in depot.

In the civilized world, this wouldn't have been that big of a deal; go do something else for a couple hours. Here in Oklahoma where barbarian warlords rule over rare and expensive bandwidth, that's about 5 days of pain.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
This got down to something like $24 last week so I picked it up on PS4. I'm not sure which name I should give out in case anyone is also playing this. I am playing entirely solo so far, so I'm playing it like a normal Elder Scrolls game. Level 14 rogue at the moment.

It runs and plays good on a console.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh this game never went F2P, I thought it was F2P on PC. Installed for nothing, no way I'm paying 24euros to enter that contest shit.