The Elder Scrolls Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started playing yesterday. Me and 5 other friends. Should be interesting. I'm tentatively going Templar, but we will see what others choose.

Xerge

<Donor>
Light attack weaving created the skill gap in MMOs I like to see. A 100k parse is fucking mad respect. If you're not into it I suggest playing a templar for the biting jabs spam lol, or play a support role. ESO can push a high APM from needed mouse click every second along with an ability press. It makes having 3 hot bars keyed up in WoW feel like a joke to me. Join trading guilds ASAP if youre new. Don't be picky, find ones without dues and join.

finally got that vMOL clear and skin. fuck yea. Learning the Twins fight is a good time.

vmol.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Light attack weaving created the skill gap in MMOs I like to see. A 100k parse is fucking mad respect. If you're not into it I suggest playing a templar for the biting jabs spam lol, or play a support role. ESO can push a high APM from needed mouse click every second along with an ability press. It makes having 3 hot bars keyed up in WoW feel like a joke to me. Join trading guilds ASAP if youre new. Don't be picky, find ones without dues and join.

finally got that vMOL clear and skin. fuck yea. Learning the Twins fight is a good time.

View attachment 329707
Lol that fucking Caldwell helmet for doing all 3 stories. Im wearing it too.

• 1Like

bytes

Molten Core Raider

View attachment 329707
Seriously, what is it with the golden bedpan on your head. This thing looks really stupid.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

You have what, 10 total abilities with weapon swapping.

Weapon swapping is what really kills it for me in ESO. Just a constant rotation of buff reapplication ugh no thanks.

Xerge

<Donor>

Weapon swapping is what really kills it for me in ESO. Just a constant rotation of buff reapplication ugh no thanks.

10 abilities
2 ultimate abilities that charge
1 potion cooldown
synergy button for group abilities
block action
dodge action
bash action(interrupt)
mouse click light attack weaving

So in other words you couldn't bother to get good at a different system. That's fine.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah between the constant swap to reapply buffs/dots and the LA weaving, I can never get into the combat for this. Which is a shame, because I love the world/quest design.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah between the constant swap to reapply buffs/dots and the LA weaving, I can never get into the combat for this. Which is a shame, because I love the world/quest design.
Just go Templar and spam spear attack.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Think I'm gonna give this game another try and go with a tank oriented build this time. Heard PvP meta is kinda fucked atm though with proc sets but hoping that won't keep me from enjoying BGs. MagSorc was OK but moving between packs felt weird.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

10 abilities
2 ultimate abilitSo in other words you couldn't bother to get good at a different system. That's fine.
10 abilities
2 ultimate abilities that charge
1 potion cooldown
synergy button for group abilities
block action
dodge action
bash action(interrupt)
mouse click light attack weaving

So in other words you couldn't bother to get good at a different system. That's fine.
So if someone doesn’t like ESO combat it’s because they must be bad at the game? Quite the argument you’ve got there.

Xerge

<Donor>

So if someone disagrees that ESO isn’t a good combat system it’s because they must be bad at the game? Quite the argument you’ve got there.

Fuck yeah. Get good? If you posted a 100k ESO parse and said, this combat is shit. I'd respect that 100% more because it means you took the time and effort to learn the ins and outs of ESO's combat system, it also means you can push buttons with accuracy and precision down to .1 second for a solid rotation with no abilities missed, while really pushing your personal best. Versus someone who gets maybe to to max level, fucks around to CP160 and chills out.

What is this carebear attitude? Check yourself yo before calling other games shit. Just because you happen to suck at something right away and it's not like other gameplay systems, does not mean they're bad. I don't call Escape from Tarkov a shit game because im bad at FPS.

• 1Edgelord

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Grinding out that CP is what was killing the game for me. I know it just takes time, but that 1000+ Cp was super daunting.

Still think Ill play the game again. I liked it better than a lot of other MMO's for long term. But the PUG scene is far more awful than what Ive experienced in other games as well.

Xerge

<Donor>
Grinding out that CP is what was killing the game for me. I know it just takes time, but that 1000+ Cp was super daunting.

Still think Ill play the game again. I liked it better than a lot of other MMO's for long term. But the PUG scene is far more awful than what Ive experienced in other games as well.

Got fella tanking end game for us under CP500. Anything between 400-600CP is a comfortable level to do content. it is not geared towards being maxed CP.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Likewise. Hit the bong harder. Also keep tanking on your shadowlands paladin, it's more your speed, bud.
Fanboy harder. Last I checked ESO does not have ranked PVP.

Beat on the dummy some more and pretend it means something.

Xerge

<Donor>
I'll fanboy over any game I play and post about. See New World, Ashes of Creations, FF14.

No it doesn't. Last I checked WoW doesn't have ranked/ladder for PVE raids though. You popped in only to post you dont like weapon swapping. So are you a button clicker? Everybody in their WoW career ends up using modifier keybinds. Weapon swapping is literally the same as pushing shift+4 or shift+f or whatever modifier you use. If in WoW you push 1234, then shift+1234 (example), in ESO its 12345, modifier(weapon swap?), 12345.

You bring up WoW pvp so I know for a fact you know what im talking about. Clickers get eaten alive in PVP.

weapon swapping is modifier keybinds.
light attack weaving is white WoW auto attacks.

Idiot. Again, saying you dont like something because you failed to grasp it is a you thing, bud. ESO is a POS in some areas, like other mentions of the PUG life, CP grind (being reworked this year), animations aren't exactly pretty at times.

It's like if I dropped in a WoW thread and said guys I dont like hotbar combat. I mean, it's true I dont because I did it from WoW beta to legion but i'm not going to drop in a like a loser post trash

• 1Pathetic

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Weapon swapping is literally the same as pushing shift+4 or shift+f or whatever modifier you use.

I've found weapon swapping is significantly less responsive than other button presses (though not anywhere as bad as something like pressing buttons in ff14 while animation locked for whatever reason that game animation locked you this time)

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I check the ESO thread because its a game I have played and a game I wish would do more to attract my attention. You think it takes a supreme amount of skill, I do not and you've done nothing to change my mind.

WoW most certainly has PvE rankings via 3rd party sites like raider.io that are tightly integrated into the game via mods. ESO doesn't even have 3rd party PvP rankings and you laughably throw out a "carebear" accusation.

Weapon switching isn't modifier hotkeys. It's akin to switching hotbars which is a laughably bad hotkey management and only a step above button clicking. The only difference here is that its hard coded into the game as some sort of feature.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard