The Elder Scrolls Online

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Your very liiiiivvveezzz?!?
256px-Heimskr.png
I was replaying Skyrim and the preaching on these boards made me think of Heimskr. Little word replacing and it made it to post ~

edit: FOR I LOVE, LOVE YOU!

Bacon_sl

shitlord
Wow, tons of opinions since I was on the board last. No need to rehash what has already been said, so I'll try and sum it up. From what I played, I can enjoy similar or better experiences in many other games either f2p or subscription. A few come to mind..rift, swotor, lotro, gw2, ffxiv. From what this game showed me, I don't see anything there to hook me in. If I want Elder Scrolls, Morrowind through Skyrim can satisfy that for me just fine. With the new consoles here, releasing a new mmo now is too risky imo. We're going to see better graphics trickle down to PC games shortly. Titles like Wildstar can release with their unique style, but this title will look very dated soon. Guess I'll keep waiting for star citizen.

Lore question - In this time, does everyone have scoliosis or something? The combat stance looks so awkward...along with most of the animations.

edit:
Mirena_sl said:
That shit better be set in Summerset, Black Marsh or Elsweyr.
I've heard a few times (rumors, of course) that it will be set in Black Marsh. That'd be awesome.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Seems like there's universal hatred for this game. The footage I've seen make it look janky as hell, and it doesn't even seem like an MMORPG--especially with that nonsense mega server infrastructure. Looks like another nonsense single-player focused game that forces you to put up with network latency and a subscription fee and doesn't offer anything to justify it.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know it's beta, but this is really quite disappointing. With the NDA looming all I will say is that there isn't anything redeeming about the initial gameplay. Everything feels like it could have been done better... like everything! There isn't one thing interesting about this game that I could see myself enjoying. Maybe if they offer a free month or something I might consider it.

It feels like the same old schlock we've been force-fed for years. I was hoping this would have something to keep me playing but it looks like a pass from me.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
I know it's beta, but this is really quite disappointing. With the NDA looming all I will say is that there isn't anything redeeming about the initial gameplay. Everything feels like it could have been done better... like everything! There isn't one thing interesting about this game that I could see myself enjoying. Maybe if they offer a free month or something I might consider it.

It feels like the same old schlock we've been force-fed for years. I was hoping this would have something to keep me playing but it looks like a pass from me.
Not specifically directed at you, but has there ever been an example where an MMORPG sucked ass in beta but ended up being decent in its full release? I can't think of any.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
So is this game in the running to take the top honors for taking a famous/ successful IP and ruining it in mmo form ?
Ahead of WAR and SWTOR ?

Also if this is the "polished" part - how horrific is it past 17 ?
It definitely will. It's a shame that WAR was designed around having an actual server population. That was most easily the biggest mistake they made. GW2 handled that issue much better. WAR nosedived fast after the first exodus of players and of course the devs just plain refusing to fix some things didn't help either. I think it was that chopper class (or whatever they added after release) that they just refused to balance that left some loyal fans really pissed off.

I couldn't figure out how to save Swtor for the life of me even though it had some great stuff in it. Probably having an actual end game would be a good start though.

As for this game, the only thing I find semi interesting was how combat is based around you monitoring three resources. That's about it. I originally though the lack of cooldowns would be a real clusterfuck, but in reality the game has many other more serious issues to take care of. The problem is that if management has been the real problem, you won't be able to fix all of this mess before release anyways. Even with twice the manpower, with or without a firing, I just don't see how they can finish polishing what they have.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not specifically directed at you, but has there ever been an example where an MMORPG sucked ass in beta but ended up being decent in its full release? I can't think of any.
Let me clarify: At this stage of development this game isn't where I would have thought. Development schedule aside, this game doesn't have anything I can see growing into an interesting system of gameplay. It's as if the focus of how it's going to play seems totally misguided.

I am a huge ES fan, but I just don't feel that this game brings the same feeling that the other games brought. I know, I know they're totally not the same genre, but we all go in with certain expectations; and since not ONE of mine was even close I have to give this game a pass for now. I guess I just have specific tastes. But hey, it's not for everybody I guess.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
If you are looking for the "better" experience here is how it breaks down:

Ebon Heart to level 6 or so is the best starter experience. Once you kill the giant flame guy its all down hill rapidly. The rest of Ebon Heart is absolutely fucking terrible.

If you can stomach the shitty starter areas the absolute best (lore / interesting wise) the game has to offer is in Daggerfall. Only after you exit the city around level 6ish. The first two starter areas there are bad. The Falchou quest line there aren't bad and the small mini dungeon outside of west daggerfall as well as the one north east just outside the marshes isn't bad. All around 6-15 content. Post teens content in that area is also better than the other two areas.

That is the best that the game offers.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I remember when I first heard about this game thinking how much potential there could be for a good game but I don't if it is just that I am just jaded on MMO's these days but after reading about it here the last couple of days I don't even think I will bother with the weekend beta, I've gotten like 4 reminders over the last few days to redeem and install the thing, it could just be work or getting older but I can't remember caring less about an MMO.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Elder Scrolls Online: press E a lot
cycle through chat options til all the shit is darkened, move on to nodes on map. Follow group of people to next quest to complete
tongue.png

edit: Also, a bit off topic, but for goddamnit...Where is our co-op elder scrolls? Skyrim would be fucking awesome with a buddy, but noooo.