The Elder Scrolls Online

Remit_sl

shitlord
The graphics were absolutely wonderful, the combat was smooth, the lag was non existent, even with over 100+ players casting spells and using siege equipment - I couldn't believe it.
I always thought everyone was stupid for calling people out as shills, but.... yeah. Ill just quote this.

8 hours played. You PLAYED this game for 8 hours?

Remit_sl

shitlord
Was it proven that blanco is indeed not blackwulf?
I honestly dont think you could craft a more picture perfect shill response. "Im no shill, but gee golly the game sure was amazing at [insert listed FAQ PR Bullshit Here]. However, I did struggle a bit with [insert very minuscule easily resolved "BETA" bug here], but I sure do bet them fellers will get her all shined up for the county fair!"

Lord Blanco_sl

shitlord
call me whoever or whatever you want, the pvp was fun and it looked fucking awesome. Who ever is saying this game has poor graphics should really take a long look in the mirror and see if they can do it without slicing their own head off. I played for around 20-24 hours over the 3 days

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
you're either a simple or do not have arms to make it to level 10
Quest chain was broken for me, couldn't advance. And the dozens of people standing/jumping around indicated I wasn't alone. Checked in several times on Saturday and it wasn't fixed. Eventually was fixed on Sunday, but NE-Denver was more interesting.

Those who liked the graphics: Which perspective did you use? Which starting area did you have? I started two characters/factions and there was a really big difference. (Unfortunately I don't remember the names of the areas)
High Elf: Really brown. Really ugly.
Orc: Bright and open. Still brown, but much more attractive. Raised my overall impression of the graphics from "AoC" to "decent for an MMO."
I don't remember now, but one of them was dark for a bit because the enemy was causing a hurricane. Man that thing was ugly: just grey with straight horizontal lines and flat sides.

Maybe the third area was spectacular. Maybe it has to be played in first person- I seem to not be able to play MMOs in general anymore in first person (even though I did Skyrim just fine in first). I think FFXIV ARR has really spoiled me now for MMO graphics, unfortunately the game itself only held my interest a month.

Remit_sl

shitlord
call me whoever or whatever you want, the pvp was fun and it looked fucking awesome. Who ever is saying this game has poor graphics should really take a long look in the mirror and see if they can do it without slicing their own head off. I played for around 20-24 hours over the 3 days
If you were a beastie boy, you would be the shillist

khalid

Unelected Mod
I don't get where the complaints are coming from on the graphics. However, I also quit before hitting lvl 10. I didn't hit nearly enough quests and I ended up in a situation where I was lvl 7 with abunch of lvl 10 quests that were kicking my ass. This just made me say fuck it and log off, after I spent about 30 minutes looking for quests and seeing how little xp I got per mob kill.

Now I am sure I missed some area filled with quests, but a RL friend of mine also had the same problem and it seemed to be a common complaint in /zonechat. Hopefully they fix this before release, going from 1-10 shouldn't feel like any sort of grind.

Lord Blanco_sl

shitlord
Quest chain was broken for me, couldn't advance. And the dozens of people standing/jumping around indicated I wasn't alone. Checked in several times on Saturday and it wasn't fixed. Eventually was fixed on Sunday, but NE-Denver was more interesting.

Those who liked the graphics: Which perspective did you use? Which starting area did you have? I started two characters/factions and there was a really big difference. (Unfortunately I don't remember the names of the areas)
High Elf: Really brown. Really ugly.
Orc: Bright and open. Still brown, but much more attractive. Raised my overall impression of the graphics from "AoC" to "decent for an MMO."
I don't remember now, but one of them was dark for a bit because the enemy was causing a hurricane. Man that thing was ugly: just grey with straight horizontal lines and flat sides.

Maybe the third area was spectacular. Maybe it has to be played in first person- I seem to not be able to play MMOs in general anymore in first person (even though I did Skyrim just fine in first). I think FFXIV ARR has really spoiled me now for MMO graphics, unfortunately the game itself only held my interest a month.
Third person, Daggerfall, 1 templar to level 12, one nightblade to 4 ( If you were stuck on 1 quest chain that's your first problem. Next time just run in a direction and you'll find 38 more quests or bosses or a cave or just something shiny worth exp. I also experienced 2 quests that bugged pretty hard, one had a main quest giver completely disappear and the other booted me from the game that I tried to enter. Either way, i just skipped them. Like i said before, they have a lot of bugs to fix.
;

forge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Game has poor graphics. I first noticed this while my settings were on the default. So I cranked them up to ultra, this gave me a ultra sharp level of shit graphics. The problem is consistency. Some parts actually look nice, then you round a turn and it looks like someone made assets in mspaint. The same with the animations. Some are OK, then others make you want to smash your fingers with a hammer.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
AKA PRX? Because I've seen many many PVP situations where that entire guild was sitting there attacking a door for 10 minutes.
I was in PRX =D And we used siege mostly, if we had the spare supply. The doorknocker things were fantastic for smaller areas. Trebs on certain spots outside the keep were absolutely insane, too. Dat range.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Played Ebon Pact. FF14 spoiled you for MMO graphics? trolololol. I couldn't play that game for more than a few days due to crap control scheme (similiar to ESO actually) but it's graphics were horrible. Neverwinter had better graphics than that shit. But again, i really hate FF anime style in general.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well i wasn't just standing still, I was chasing casters or standing on the ramparts mowing kids down with my bow - yes, everything was smooth as butter
The combat with bow and arrow is so unresponsive that this is entirely false.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Played Ebon Pact. FF14 spoiled you for MMO graphics? trolololol. I couldn't play that game for more than a few days due to crap control scheme (similiar to ESO actually) but it's graphics were horrible. Neverwinter had better graphics than that shit. But again, i really hate FF anime style in general.
What the fuck is this nonsense? Not only is FF14 not really even that anime-looking, it's a damn nice looking game with great lighting.

Furthermore, what was wrong with the control scheme? It controls like most every post-WoW MMORPG.

The graphics are better than unmodded Skyrim. Unmodded Skyrim had bad, console graphics. This game has some decent, inconsistent graphic elements. The animations are poor or anachronistic.

If/when there's a another beta weekend, I will try and force myself to reach the pvp threshold. Then again, I even found Rift and SWTOR (Hutball/checkpoint map) pvp enjoyable.
Madness. A bit of depth of field effects and some god rays does not make a game look better than Skyrim. You'd need actual competent art direction for that.

Vanilla Skyrim may be lacking in fancy effects, but it's a very artistically well done game. Do you really think TESO looks better? I'm having a hard time fathoming that if you are actually remembering what Skyrim looked like accurately. And that's ignoring the jokes they have for character models in this.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Some areas are pretty and world graphics are hardly the games biggest problem.

Couple things I haven't seen mentioned yet. The world is terribly sterile. All player gear looks similar.

Among the laundry list already presented. Wait fir the inevitable f2p