The Elder Scrolls Online

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Right, but I'm not going and posting content-void, vapid shitposts in threads about other games. If you like WoW, cool, but that doesn't mean that everything that isn't WoW will fail.

Also, all of my posts have not defended the game. If that's what you think, then you haven't read my posts. I just don't suck the Blizzard cock, which in some small worlds equates to being a fanboy of other titles. WoW is a great game, but it's not the only game in the world.
All of what you just wrote is a vapid shit post or whatever you called it, and so was the thread I responded to. This game does (and I am clearly not alone in my opinion) fucking suck and I think ZO making decisions to cock block people from what they really want to do in this game (PVP) behind a 7-8 hour wall of single player boring bullshit (PVE) would be a horrid decision. You as a fan should agree with that because if you want people to buy this game, pay a sub for this game and play this game then you should want them to do whatever it takes to make people happy. In this day and age you can't pull the "you'll deal with it," card because this is not even close to the only option. Not to mention the fact that the MMO is cracked math. People just don't give a shit about them too much anymore. So knowing that, purposely making a game not fun is not going to have the "they'll feel invested," effect like most of you shitbirds think it is going to. Rather it's going to have the "This sucks I quit," effect.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah if it's repeated every 15 minutes it sucks. GW2 pioneered this and many of the dynamic zone-wide events were so light that it kind of failed.

If a group of players pushes the evil NPCs out of the village, then drives the fight to their home-base and wipes them out, the village shouldn't be under attack for another hour at least.
There were times in GW2 where I would do event(s) in a zone several times while in that zone and the major events with multiple steps 2-3 times. I didn't mind as it was good exp and currency, but there was no way someone could claim immersion, a living world or impacting said world with that happening.

Imo I wouldn't mind if all the events were 1 time only(no repeating them) and that area became phased for all players who completed it, which could lead to something else only they could see. Not sure how tricky that is for coding.

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
The relevancy of opinions on this forum are so miniscule in the grand scheme of the MMO genre that posts from Ut should be taken in on the entertainment value for the most part.

Let me spell that out for you.. no one outside this forum (or within this forum for the most part) gives a flying fuck what any of us think about anything. And if you think that isn't true then you are a fucking idiot.

Now back to the fun. Ut's underlying message has always been that the ESO devs could have done a much better job which is undeniably true. The rest is just fluff to piss some of you off. kinda like my sentence above.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Yet all the long term posters are just plopping down real informative gems over the last week in this thread. *sarcasm flag for impaired*

When Ut is the only long term guy doing any non vapid discussions, and we're filled with WOW fanbois claiming how boring the game is before running back to farm raids or dailies, I think we've jumped the Shark.
All of the long term posters said the same thing. It's mediocre to boring. I play WoW because it's the best thing going right now. I think your Fonzi reference is incredibly fucking stupid. Got any more 90's catchphrases for me? Maybe you could tell me WoW is cool and then say not!!!

Felmega_sl

shitlord
The relevancy of opinions on this forum are so miniscule in the grand scheme of the MMO genre that posts from Ut should be taken in on the entertainment value for the most part.

Let me spell that out for you.. no one outside this forum (or within this forum for the most part) gives a flying fuck what any of us think about anything. And if you think that isn't true then you are a fucking idiot.

Now back to the fun. Ut's underlying message has always been that the ESO devs could have done a much better job which is undeniably true. The rest is just fluff to piss some of you off. kinda like my sentence above.
I certainly did waste my time reading this garbage.

khalid

Unelected Mod
All of the long term posters said the same thing. It's mediocre to boring.
No, not every longterm poster said that. In fact, I specifically mentioned that in this game, at least the quests don't turn you into a menial laborer. So yeah, I would say Gecko is pretty correct in saying its fucking hilarious when tards like you come in from doing your daily quests in WoW to complain about how the TESO quest grind is boring.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
No, not every longterm poster said that. In fact, I specifically mentioned that in this game, at least the quests don't turn you into a menial laborer. So yeah, I would say Gecko is pretty correct in saying its fucking hilarious when tards like you come in from doing your daily quests in WoW to complain about how the TESO quest grind is boring.
Oh yes, the I took your "all" statement literally and proved you wrong guy... I'm glad you are having fun running back and forth between two people in the same room holding conversations that drag you into portrait mode while you click through canned text over being a menial laborer. Maybe now you can menially go eat a dick. Or if you prefer, have several dialogue options with two people regarding the dick and how it should be consumed.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There were times in GW2 where I would do event(s) in a zone several times while in that zone and the major events with multiple steps 2-3 times. I didn't mind as it was good exp and currency, but there was no way someone could claim immersion, a living world or impacting said world with that happening.

Imo I wouldn't mind if all the events were 1 time only(no repeating them) and that area became phased for all players who completed it, which could lead to something else only they could see. Not sure how tricky that is for coding.
Yeah I know what you mean. After killing that swamp creature near the human city 3 times it gets dumb.

Another thing I hoped to see from TESO is a departure from the theme-park MMO (which teso as fully embraced) and more toward a sandbox MMO where they create a comprehensive and in depth simulation for each of the zones and parameterize them differently in each zone. No set quests, just NPCs and groups of NPCs with some level of mission-based AI.

Ex: Instead of a discrete village with a discrete on fire state ALL villages have the possibility of being lit on fire. And instead of a discrete group of NPCs being able to light a specific village on fire ALL groups of fire-capable (aka human, fire elementals etc) can light shit on fire. Now instead of a village being typed as 'the village that gets lit on fire' it has its own entity and can be in many different states.

You build up this simulation and several things happen:
1. You start to resemble TES2 : Daggerfall and what Bethesda has been talking about doing since TES2.
2. You truly allow the player freedom of choice to run around and interact with things however they want.
3. You add variance back into MMOs where different shit happens every night. To me this is key to longevity in MMOs.

I've got high hopes that EQN attempts to do this and adds a LOT of control to the player to affect the simulation. One game I love, Mount and Blade, does this and it works great.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So instead of the majority of your time spent being an errand boy, you spend the majority of your time clicking on objects. I fail to see the difference of tedium between the two.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
This will go into more he-said-she-said so we will just agree to disagree. Heavily.

Different colors do not mean different art styles. Mind you, I didn't say * All * of the loot is copy pasted. You will see a lot of re-used art assets with nothing more than different colors (If Lucky) and upgraded stats. Again, this will be he said she said, so I will heavily disagree.
I knew you wouldn't be capable of reason since that would force you to admit you were wrong and just making shit up.

I do think it is funny how you are trying to wiggle out of this by claiming it is a "he said/she said" argument.

You are just flat out wrong about itemization. Nothing you have said is even remotely close to being correct. I have no idea why you would even make such a silly assertion about itemization graphics when it will soon be readily apparent you were just making it all up.

Do you hate this game so much that you just fabricate out of thin air some random criticism about the game and after you have repeated it here a couple of times, convince yourself it really is "The Truth"?

khalid

Unelected Mod
So instead of the majority of your time spent being an errand boy, you spend the majority of your time clicking on objects. I fail to see the difference of tedium between the two.
If you distill all the quests down to nothing, sure. Either you are killing mobs or clicking things, so I guess all quests in all games are the same.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Considering I have literally picked up piles of shit, as a quest in WoW (on MUltiple continents mind you), imo most of the ESO quests were just fine. What bothers me more is no XP payoff for complementing the steps of the quest. Also, I do not like quests where I have to run somewhere far to tell someone something of minimal consequence. I'm a great warrior/wizard, not some random messenger.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh teso quest are mostly errands. Go find this, go pick up this, go gather this, go turn these on, go talk to X etc. Nothing groundbreaking and pretty much equal to all other quest based games. No real shock and no big deal in my mind.

I'd say my only complaint about the quest is what Tuco was referring too. I don't mind exploring and finding quest that way, but it shouldn't take a specific route into that area to trigger the quest or NPC. I should be able to come into that area from any angle and have it happen. The one I remember mostly is the village with the sick people and the alchemist guy with the mutant son or w/e. I missed the whole quest line on my first character because I never came into the town from the bridge, I was coming in from the side(where I had another quest).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I do think it is funny how you are trying to wiggle out of this by claiming it is a "he said/she said" argument.
Maybe it is a continuous bug?

Fixed a number of issues with NPC appearances.
Thing is, color of my items have changed, but that doesn't change the fact there is a lot of rinse and repeat for art assets being used later in the game with items we have all seen before plenty of times, just changed stats and maybe a color. Everyone will see soon enough so pretty ridiculous to bicker.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
I'd say my only complaint about the quest is what Tuco was referring too. I don't mind exploring and finding quest that way, but it shouldn't take a specific route into that area to trigger the quest or NPC. I should be able to come into that area from any angle and have it happen. The one I remember mostly is the village with the sick people and the alchemist guy with the mutant son or w/e. I missed the whole quest line on my first character because I never came into the town from the bridge, I was coming in from the side(where I had another quest).
Heh, the guy poisoning people so he could have them "quarantined" in a cave where his vampire son was feeding on/killing them. I liked that quest. I actually didn't start it near a bridge my first time through. I just walked into the barn where he was poisoning people and it started.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heh, the guy poisoning people so he could have them "quarantined" in a cave where his vampire son was feeding on/killing them. I liked that quest. I actually didn't start it near a bridge my first time through. I just walked into the barn where he was poisoning people and it started.
Ah, I couldn't start it like that. After I found the whole line on my 2nd guy, I went back on my first guy and had to run onto the bridge for the lady to come out and tell me to find the alchemist.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Phasing just plain sucks in MMO's. Instead of a situation where you come upon an NPC who directs you to a fire that once put out, places you into another phase, the Town should be on fire and if you happen to come along when its on fire, you are automatically given the quest to help put it out once you enter the designated town area. For those who miss the fire and come along to the town in a state of burnt aftermath, a different quest exists, such as go collect this many pieces of wood to help rebuild. After that quest is completed by enough players, the NPC's rebuild the town. During the rebuildign process, a quest to collect stone is offered. Finally, when the town is rebuilt, there is another quest forthatcircumstance. Perhaps, now players are given a quest to defend the town form an onslaught. Eventually the town is burned down again, and the cycle resets for new players who are arriving.

Cycles of time periods are the best way of handling events in the world related to questing. Phases is just too phoney and immersion breaking plus has the added problems of separating grouped players.

Vitality

HUSTLE
It does belie the point, though: Is the issue that grinding is more efficient that questing, or that everything is forced to be quest-oriented?
I'm trying to eliminate the "Forced to level via quests" argument. As you most certainly are not forced to level via quests, and if you are only leveling on quests you're going to be behind in the power curve in all other aspects of the game. (In comparison to what I'm doing of course.)

Explaination:
A quest "Forced" person, killing only the mobs required to get the quest done (*out-of-ass number* 10-15 mobs per half hour) will fill his/her bags (70 slots *two upgrades*) on average every 2 hours.

The average quest takes about 10-30 minutes to complete due to the multi-tiered nature. Netting on average 100g - 1 Extractable Item - and an average of 15%(being generous) xp per completion.

From this playstyle, you stand to gain on average per hour (Assuming no harvest or side-tracking):
Level Progress:45% from Quest turn ins - 30% from quest related mob kills ** 75% Total **
Loot Progress:Half your bags or 35 items (Relative Value of 400g *Vendor Price*)
Crafting Material:Lets just assume half your bag of loot is extractable +/- 2-3 Glyphs (rarer drop from mobs)
Total Gold Gained:750g (If vendor all loot)

My Playstyle:

Travel to nearby relevant level "Ruins"- 1 Minute
Kill 165 Mobs to gain a level on average: Groups of 3 - 30 seconds a pull- minimal downtime based on spec: 27 minutes required

Bags full:Every Half Hour
1 Minute for bag management*Tossing dumb shit like bugs guts and potions*
Total vendor gold value in bags- 700g (asuming half the bag vendors for 20g/ea)
Vendor or Extract time:3 minutes (if you're kind of screwing around)

27 minutes left to do the following:
2 random Quests
or 1 Story progression quest
or 1 Side Dungeon + Explore for Skyshard
or 30 minutes of harvesting
or Repeat grind session (Bring a friend, friends only cost about 3% xp loss/person with no negative impact on loot)
or 2 World bosses (for potential purple items)

I felt like questing was the least rewarding way to play this game in terms of *Value* so I decided to optimize it over the weekend.

Caliane

Different colors do not mean different art styles. Mind you, I didn't say * All * of the loot is copy pasted. You will see a lot of re-used art assets with nothing more than different colors (If Lucky) and upgraded stats. Again, this will be he said she said, so I will heavily disagree.
ok. some hesaid-she said as noted here.

lets try to clarify.

When I opened the crafting menu, I saw.
10 racial styles.
And then, how many materials?
iron, steel, etc.
how many were there? 10ish? Sadly, I didnt take note explicitly. and google isnt giving me the answer.
This makes 100 unique models for every weapon, armor in the game.

Do set items have unique art?
And then, does dungeon loot have unique art. or is out of that 100 craftable?