The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Started AD, picked sorcerer. Freed from jail.. no staff. Figure I missed something so I ran around the entire area again looking for a staff. Finally gave up on that and took the sword figuring I'd find a staff later on.

I did.. five levels, three claymores, two bows, and four swords later. Not kidding. When mentioning that in the /zone got fanboy replies "Why didn't you just go craft/buy one?" Nice. I mean if that'ssupposedto be a feature (not equipping people with their main class items to start the game), let a brother know upfront
Removing the weapon choices in the prison was a universally criticized decision on the closed beta forums. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Drednots_sl

shitlord
Tried this one more time.. Still have several quests I can't finish with either missing or unresponsive NPC's. So I move on and can't even complete the daughter of giants quest because of randomly bugging out.
That was the last straw I don't have the patience for the BS anymore. Uninstalled.

Removing the weapon choices in the prison was a universally criticized decision on the closed beta forums. It makes no sense whatsoever.
It's honestly not a big deal because you really can get your weapon of choice within a couple of hours tops but it makes no sense at all. Did they ever give any justification? All of Coldharbor is a travesty. Horrible game introduction.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
It's honestly not a big deal because you really can get your weapon of choice within a couple of hours tops but it makes no sense at all. Did they ever give any justification? All of Coldharbor is a travesty. Horrible game introduction.
That's two hours you can't put any points into your primary weapon skill.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
Tried this one more time.. Still have several quests I can't finish with either missing or unresponsive NPC's. So I move on and can't even complete the daughter of giants quest because of randomly bugging out.
That was the last straw I don't have the patience for the BS anymore. Uninstalled.
It is pretty unforgivable but what would intrigue me the most would be if someone was to tell me that the lv 17+ quest content was bug free. Can anyone tell me with a straight face that the later lv content is bug free when main questlines in the first portion of the game are broken on a regular basis?

Some of the most basic shit in this game is broken and it's really dumbfounding.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
It is pretty unforgivable but what would intrigue me the most would be if someone was to tell me that the lv 17+ quest content was bug free. Can anyone tell me with a straight face that the later lv content is bug free when main questlines in the first portion of the game are broken on a regular basis?

Some of the most basic shit in this game is broken and it's really dumbfounding.
I've found very few bugs on the PTS. A few missing graphics, /shrug. Most of the things that break seem to do so under the extreme load of beta (and worse I imagine for launch). Seems Elder Scrolls only wants to work in single player :p Game is actually really fun just dinking around exploring, grabbing whatever you see. Find a random tower, kill miniboss, all quite fun. 3000 people swarming Melinda, less so. Cyrodiil is fun with all the people and the performance is astounding given the amount of people on screen with no culling I've seen. Can't complain =D

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

It is what happens with every MMORPG. It's why we see this same cycle over and over. Buy South Park Stick of Truth and give your money to a company that deserves it.

This most DEFINITELY is not it.

Oh and this is the last weekend beta. No open beta to actually fix the stress issues because if you have an open beta people are GOING to level passed 17 and see the bullshit waiting for them.

So many awesome games to play out there right now that deserve your money and time. We should be rewarding those people and you should be having fun playing those.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Can we ban you for the opposite?
No you can't. Because the opposite is holy Jesus common sense. These last two weeks I bought South Park (At full price) and Dark Souls 2. Two games that deserve the cash. Mkopec knows I am guilty as anyone else when not putting my money where my mouth is when it comes to MMORPG's. This one, I won't be guilty this time.

Fucking people don't buy this shit. You will perpetuate the shit in this genre.

There are so many other awesome games out there. I know you all have money. I know it's only 50-60 bucks. I know its more entertainment then taking your kids out for 2 hours and seeing a Disney movie and buying two happy meals on the way home. Fuck. It isn't about that. If you want to see better games, you stop this horseshit and let Paul Sage and Firor fall on their ass monetarily so they have no scapegoat and get people like Grave in those positions so we see NEW FUCKING GAMES THAT MATTER.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone know how to access the Imperial edition horse that is supposed to be available for everyone to use this weekend?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
That's two hours you can't put any points into your primary weapon skill.
This. It's basically two hours you can't get back.

Sure you can 'do it later', but if you want to do it right from jump, why can't you? It's supposed to be about choice. At least they should tell people why they aren't letting you do that.. someone buying the game and going through that will wonder about it too. Sure alpha/beta people from before know why they did it (I guess) and 'later' you can save 600 gold to buy a staff or clothes, or know how to craft one without spending 2 hours gathering mats and figuring it out, but most people won't.

The only reason I wasted a couple more hours doing quests instead of crafting or farming for money to buy one, was because I assumed that the turn-ins were going to have choices at the end of the reward for weapons or items. Instead, do a questline and.. get a dagger. Or a heavy armor. Or a mace. So you still spend more time leveling things you don't want. Again, if this is a known thing I'd just go straight for the mob farming, craft and fuck questing. I know how to do that already.

I understand (To Cal's post) that any class can use any weapon. That's not the issue. The issue is I want to play Sorcerer WITH a staff. I'm not really interested in a sorcerer who can wear plate, tank, fly and make Lobster quiche. I just want a basic nuker with some variations that I'll decide on later on in the game but it would have been nice to make the archetype right out of the gate.

Sure the class system is a buffet, but even when I go to a buffet, I don't really like to mix eggrolls, tacos and mashed potatoes together, just because the guy next to me says it tastes good to him. Just saying, don't understand why you're forced to spend a couple of hours putting points into weapons like a dagger when I have no intention at all to put that into what I want to make, that's all.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
The weapon rack thing is a minor issue, but this game definitely doesn't need to make anymore enemies--especially over something so trivial. Does this game company really think so low of the player that they can't choose what weapon to pick off the rack? What the fuck do they expect this player to do once they exit coldharbor? o_O

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I've found very few bugs on the PTS. A few missing graphics, /shrug. Most of the things that break seem to do so under the extreme load of beta (and worse I imagine for launch). Seems Elder Scrolls only wants to work in single player :p Game is actually really fun just dinking around exploring, grabbing whatever you see. Find a random tower, kill miniboss, all quite fun. 3000 people swarming Melinda, less so. Cyrodiil is fun with all the people and the performance is astounding given the amount of people on screen with no culling I've seen. Can't complain =D
This has been my experience on PTS as well. The number of broken quests are extremely small and the ones that are can usually be fixed with a quick relog to the character select screen.

Sounds like the problems with broken quests are directly caused by some bug in the mega server technology. Whether that makes it harder or easier to identify and fix remains to be seen.

Vitality

HUSTLE
For those of you who were wondering or cared, I got from 1-10 in 4 hours and 10 minutes. Just grinding monsters on the west coast of Auridon.

I spent an hour cataloging decent spots to do this at. And an additional hour from various deaths and running around as a result.

Pretty fucking boring, but I got a couple movies in while I did it as the spots I chose required little interaction aside from running to each mob and doing my DoT combo.

All in all that 4 hour session netted me roughly 3000g in vendored gold roughly 300 Leather Scrap (if you're doing imps) and nearly 55 salvagable glyphs for enchanting.

Here's video as proof -3 to 6 in 48 minutes** WARNING ** worst possible dubstep is playing, so mute it if you don't like dubstep - I don't talk at all. Also keep in mind I'm no pro, and this can definitely be optimized.

PS: You notice I have to go to character screen and back, this is due to a UI bug when I loot it stops all inputs from my mouse or keyboard. Kinda weird.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
For those of you who were wondering or cared, I got from 1-10 in 4 hours and 10 minutes. Just grinding monsters on the west coast of Auridon.
This actually seems the fastest way to level, mixed in with the main line when it's working from what I can tell. They have plenty of mobs and they drop a whole lot better items than the quests reward anyways. Plus less running around, just park in a dungeon/cave and kill away.

I like story so I went that route but for this game, your strat is far better/faster.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Anyone know how to access the Imperial edition horse that is supposed to be available for everyone to use this weekend?
When you get through coldharbor and enter the game world, run to the stables (horse icon on the map) and buy it for 1g. If you take the option to go back to the starter area I don't think you can get back until you finish the quest line.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Not true you can go back and forth. Last weekend I rolled a new Templar on PTS and after cold Harbor I went back to the starter area for the 5 skyshards and immediately went back to VG.

Zugarific

Molten Core Raider

Have 3 quests in Deshaan for the first 17+ zone past Stonefalls that are bugged with a missing NPCs. Haven't gotten high enough to see other factions. Logging out did not fix any of them for me or anyone else standing around.