The Elder Scrolls Online

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More like:
rrr_img_63079.png
for a guy who went from 0 to 100 on the mad scale over the course of a page or two, i think my picture was appropriate. a rational person would wait to see zenimax's reaction to the outcry before declaring hes going full Utnayan on the game.

The only thing that befuddles me is the lack of a buff/debuff tracker.
and after your little show, turns out you pretty much agree with me anyway. well done sir.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
you still see damage you take, just not what caused it.
?

You suffer 347 damage!
You suffer 34 damage!
You suffer 245 damage!
You suffer 1987 damage!
You suffer 34 damage!
You suffer 509 damage!
You suffer 34 damage!
You died.

The role of TESO's 'improved' combat log will now be played by Val Resnick.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
heres a post off reddit trying to clarify what the changes mean, since a lot of people dont seem to understand them.

People seem to be very misinformed about these changes, so I want to try and clear a few things up. I will try to keep this fairly objective, too. Please feel free to correct me on these if any are wrong.

Combat damage and details of the damage dealt by you are still 100% available. This means personal DPS min/maxing and ability analysis are still possible, as is scrolling combat text.

Combat damage and details of the damage dealt TO YOU is somewhat restricted. You get numbers but no details.

Combat damage and details that do not involve you are completely restricted. No more group DPS meters.

Short-term buff and debuff information is no longer available, regardless of where it is or came from.

Derived stats have not been removed from the API, from what I can tell after reading the changes. A few deprecated functions were removed, but "deprecated" means that it is old and has been replaced by something better.

Health, stamina and magicka information for group and enemies has been restricted.

(?) Cast bars are no longer possible for either the player or other players.

*Items marked with a (?) I am not sure about.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
heres a post off reddit trying to clarify what the changes mean, since a lot of people dont seem to understand them.
Short-term buff and debuff information is no longer available, regardless of where it is or came from.

Probably the dumbest one.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Probably the dumbest one.
that i can agree with you on. I should be able to see my buffs/debuffs as well as my cast bars(but not an enemies).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not just your own, but if I cast one on a enemy or a friendly I should be able to see it. I did the casting. If I put a 30 second disorient on someone I want to see it ticking down on them. If I put a HoT on someone, I want to see it ticking down on them.

What's funny in their AmA the line they are using is "we don't want players to miss out on information if they dont use a addon". Yet they had all this in the default UI but removed it. IMO put it all in the default UI like you had it originally and give the option for the purist to turn it off, then they have no excuse as its a in-game, non 3rd party option they turned off. Then just let addons do cosmetic stuff.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Not just your own, but if I cast one on a enemy or a friendly I should be able to see it. I did the casting. If I put a 30 second disorient on someone I want to see it ticking down on them. If I put a HoT on someone, I want to see it ticking down on them.

What's funny in their AmA the line they are using is "we don't want players to miss out on information if they dont use a addon". Yet they had all this in the default UI but removed it. IMO put it all in the default UI like you had it originally and give the option for the purist to turn it off, then they have no excuse as its a in-game, non 3rd party option they turned off. Then just let addons do cosmetic stuff.
Nope, everyone's a purist now. Get canabalized.

FWIW: They're making a huge mistake with these decisions.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
rrr_img_63087.jpg

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder what the point behind these changes are? I can guess it will throw off hardcore players and not really affect casuals but even so why make the changes at all? Was it a performance issue in mass PvP? Consolization?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wonder what the point behind these changes are? I can guess it will throw off hardcore players and not really affect casuals but even so why make the changes at all? Was it a performance issue in mass PvP? Consolization?
If you go by the history of this industry, it always ends up being them trying to hide something broken.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Not even the most ridiculous shill can defend the timing of them taking them out.

Letting it fly until one week before launch gives me such great confidence in their future decision making.

Conkuur_sl

shitlord
Not even the most ridiculous shill can defend the timing of them taking them out.

Letting it fly until one week before launch gives me such great confidence in their future decision making.
FUTURE?! Not with this game. They really in all honesty bit off more than they could chew. Sometimes good ideas are just not so good.

I think they should have expanded more on the PVE which they are good at in single player. PvP is a whole new animal I don't think they were qualified to handle.

Firor slipped in a doozy today: They failed to finish adventure zones and there will be none in for launch.

post launch dev plans: Our first Adventure Zone, Craglorn will be our first focus. Expect to see lots of info on that soon.
ZOS_MattF comments on Welcome to the ESO AMA!

I have a perverse fondness for when people do this sort of.. "oh wait were you expecting that to be in for release" bullshit drop. It cracked me up. The best part is how the tards at reddit were all like "no speech bubbles? NO SPEECH BUBBLES!" Um doofusses how about "No PVE ENGAME? NO PVE ENDGAME????"

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
All I know is I will be expecting to log in and play smoothly and lag free at 6am cst next Sunday morning.

Firor has promised it will be , thus it will be true............

esloan_sl

shitlord
?

You suffer 347 damage!
You suffer 34 damage!
You suffer 245 damage!
You suffer 1987 damage!
You suffer 34 damage!
You suffer 509 damage!
You suffer 34 damage!
You died.

The role of TESO's 'improved' combat log will now be played by Val Resnick.

LMAO. I love that movie.

They went too far. Like really too far.

I can understand the removal of some things. It can be argued that targeting someone and knowing everything about them before combat is too much info gained too easily. I can understand that, though I am not 100% sure I agree with it.

I can not understand taking away information about buffs and debuffs on you by other players or buffs and debuffs you put on someone else. That makes no sense. None at all. I also can't understand taking away the ability to see what type of damage is hitting you.

If the argument is that they want everyone to be on a level playing field and not have to downloads mods, then they really need to build this into the base UI. Yes, I get that it is an Elder Scrolls game but its also a MMO. Some of this information is desired and, in fact, needed by players.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Firor slipped in a doozy today: They failed to finish adventure zones and there will be none in for launch.

ZOS_MattF comments on Welcome to the ESO AMA!

I have a perverse fondness for when people do this sort of.. "oh wait were you expecting that to be in for release" bullshit drop. It cracked me up. The best part is how the tards at reddit were all like "no speech bubbles? NO SPEECH BUBBLES!" Um doofusses how about "No PVE ENGAME? NO PVE ENDGAME????"
So, their plan is to keep the PTS up after launch and use all the valuable feedback from the PTS testers that they have completely ignored to date to balance the Adventure Zones. All without Add-ons!!!!

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I was a tad bit reluctant to cancel me pre-order awhile back but after following the AMA and testing things, I think the decision to see how things play out after launch is a much smarter move.

Good competition in this genre is desperately needed and playing a game because there is nothing else out there just doesn't feel right. I'm hopeful that in the next few months one of two things will happen, either Zenimax will finally listen to their testers and make some necessary changes or something else will be available to play and this can quietly sink off my radar.

Quite a shame considering the potential that AvA had, not to mention the Elder Scrolls series itself.