The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I am talking about the trials inside them, hooked on phonics. You know, the same topic you have been replying to for the last 2 hours? Trials? Here I'll bold it.

Unless you are saying Trials will be included in the AZ? Are you saying this?
Try to keep up. Paul Sage is the one saying it.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Try to keep up. Paul Sage is the one saying it.
He said entries to the trials were in Adventure Zones. He named an Adventure Zone. That will probably be pushed out by the 1st or 2nd week of May. (According to normal patch cycles)

In that time, there is a distinct lack of information. I see a named adventure zone, and then this trial add on no one has ever heard about until now and doesn't assure any "trial" will be in when the first adventure zone lands. It could very well come in a patch update after. It may be included, it may be a sub-content feature add in the summer. Being how vague that is, and knowing how they have messed up everything else so far, I will remain highly suspicious - just as you should when you believe them when they say they have fixed quest bugs for the 4th time without testing any of the fixes on a stressed server before early access when all the other fixes you have said they also fixed haven't fixed anything it was supposed to fix.

This entire game from a PR perspective is becoming worse than a Microsoft press release. Which purposely confuses the fuck out of everyone. And usually bevcause there are major issues they are trying to distract people from so they continue on with their purchase.

Except that isn't true. You can't monitor your own buffs shorter than 30seconds, but you know what your add-on can still monitor? Your enemies' buffs longer than 30seconds. You can still sneak up on someone, spy that he's a Vampire via his buffs, switch in some fire damage ability(-ies) onto your hot bar and have a higher chance of adding to your body count. Or know not to approach someone when they're using Magelight.

I don't care about how others feel about the API changes they made, but defending those changes is some asinine shit. The changes they made, and the "reasoning" provided afterward, are nonsense.
Wait... I thought that was wrong... I thought you could not see your enemy's long term buffs.

esloan_sl

shitlord
Are people really arguing whether the Trials are raids? Just because he didn't specifically say raids? He didn't specifically call them raids for 2 reasons:

1. Because the PR guys like new words for old things. Remember how Warhammer Online had Scenarios instead of battlegrounds? Remember how Rift had Warfronts instead of Scenarios or Battlegrounds? Yeah, new word for the same exact fucking thing. PR guys like that type of crap.

2. Because everybody, expect for apparently a few special individuals on this forum, consider multi-group content raids and so there is no reason to say it. If its multi-group, its a raid. Period. I thought this was fairly obvious but I guess not.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Annnnd you're an idiot...

LotRO, Rift, GW1, Secret World, GW2 Neverwinter, FFXIV
LotRO - Had not one end game instance ready at launch. Very buggy.

Rift - Rift was pretty good, note though, that it did not have the content that ESO has at launch.

GW1 - did not play but its hardly a MMO on the same scale.

Secret World - I admit I did not play - but let me ask - was large scale siege warfare in at launch? No? K.

GW2 - I dont think they had one PvE instance ready at launch. I dont complain much about Gw2 - It was a solid game for the price. I didnt stick around long though. The PvE was dull.

LOL @ Neverwinter. Camon man, Neverwinter cant hold ESO's jockstrap.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Are people really arguing whether the Trials are raids? Just because he didn't specifically say raids? He didn't specifically call them raids for 2 reasons:

1. Because the PR guys like new words for old things. Remember how Warhammer Online had Scenarios instead of battlegrounds? Remember how Rift had Warfronts instead of Scenarios or Battlegrounds? Yeah, new word for the same exact fucking thing. PR guys like that type of crap.

2. Because everybody, expect for apparently a few special individuals on this forum, consider multi-group content raids and so there is no reason to say it. If its multi-group, its a raid. Period. I thought this was fairly obvious but I guess not.
When I think Raid, I think of a lot of people getting together to kill big bad things for very powerful loot. I mean, after all,that's been common sense for the last 15 years.

The number of people do not matter to me. But I do not think getting together in an instance to see who can kill things faster on a leaderboardwithout any other information givencan be considered anything but a timed trial/challenge mode we see in countless games. The guy doesn't talk about anything that is happening, other than they are in adventure zones, they are timed, you have limited deaths before failure, and there will be a leaderboard. This could literally mean anything at this point from zombie killing to running through killing 60,403 copies of Molag''s STD invested penis. We have no idea.

And now is not the time to be vague/obtuse about it when there are so many other problems.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Stop being intentionally obtuse. You rail against Ut and then pull shit like this out of your ass.

A raid zone has less to do with number of players, and more to do with how the whole thing plays. Fewer more intricate encounters that require planning, teamwork, & execution, but give the best rewards.

What they described was a zone with multi-group time trials. Leaderboards? Wtf is this, Mario Kart?
Im not sure what youre complaining about here. There are speed trials for the tough raids. People love shit like this. It fosters competition. A 12 man raid is too small, imo, but AV's still sound like a blast.

I dont quite agree with your assessment of what makes a raid zone. The number of PvE players in one instance has defined Raids for years. I would assume that a zone purposely made for 12 man groups would be tuned as such. 12 man is not you're dad's 40 mans from Molten Core days but its still enough peole to get some good chaos going.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jfc these stupid fucking semantic arguments. Is it so hard for them to mention something like killing a big fucking dragon? They didn't even use the term boss.

esloan_sl

shitlord
When I think Raid, I think of a lot of people getting together to kill big bad things for very powerful loot. I mean, after all,that's been common sense for the last 15 years.

The number of people do not matter to me. But I do not think getting together in an instance to see who can kill things faster on a leaderboardwithout any other information givencan be considered anything but a timed trial/challenge mode we see in countless games. The guy doesn't talk about anything that is happening, other than they are in adventure zones, they are timed, you have limited deaths before failure, and there will be a leaderboard. This could literally mean anything at this point from zombie killing to running through killing 60,403 copies of Molag''s STD invested penis. We have no idea.

And now is not the time to be vague/obtuse about it when there are so many other problems.
Your definition of a raid: "a lot of people getting together to kill big bad things for very powerful loot."

What we know about Trials:

1. Its 12 people. So part one of your definition of raid is met, a lot of people. Especially considering your second paragraph, where you state: "The number of people do not matter to me.".

2. They get together for an instance, thus meeting your second criteria for a raid.

3. Very powerful loot. As far as I know, most of the best gear is crafted but I think it is safe to assume that their will be good gear garnered from Trials. Does hereallyneed to say, "Hey! Do our Trials and you will get the +150 Purple Sword of Instantaneous Death!"?!?! You get good gear in the 4-man Veteran dungeons, do your really think the 12 man trials will be different?

You are being deliberately obtuse so that you can bitch about the game some more. No, we don't have a ton of information yet about the Trials but there is no doubt, absolutely none, that they are raids and to try to make a point that they are not is just plain asinine.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Jfc these stupid fucking semantic arguments. Is it so hard for them to mention something like killing a big fucking dragon? They didn't even use the term boss.
lol, seriously.

protip: Here's all you need to get people excited to raid:
Ragnaros_the_Firelord.png

OnyxiaBlizzard.jpg

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Your definition of a raid: "a lot of people getting together to kill big bad things for very powerful loot."

What we know about Trials:

1. Its 12 people. So part one of your definition of raid is met, a lot of people. Especially considering your second paragraph, where you state: "The number of people do not matter to me.".

2. They get together for an instance, thus meeting your second criteria for a raid.
Last I checked I didn't know I needed to have a fucking twelve point criteria to be met to define raid the same way accessibility was defined as 15 different ways. Maybe that is why this game's design has been so fucked.

You haveno clue what the content is going to be in the trial.

If there are 12 bosses in there with great loot? GREAT. Call it a fucking raid! If there are 15 jumping puzzles and you have to kill 25 zombies per jump,It's a timed trial challenge

Done? Are we done reinventing the fucking wheel because some idiot in a closed door marketing meeting wants to try and be unique to sell a few more boxes while confusing everyone else while at the same time trying to distract from the real issue in which their game's infrastructure is outright broken?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I honestly do not know anything about Marvel Heroes but I would say, within the constraints of that game, it would be a raid.
Then you probably aren't paying close enough attention to the industry, and you should stop pretending to know what you are talking about.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I honestly do not know anything about Marvel Heroes but I would say, within the constraints of that game, it would be a raid.
rolleyes.png

That takes care of your opinion on just about anything in the forum.

esloan_sl

shitlord
Last I checked I didn't know I needed to have a fucking twelve point criteria to be met to define raid
What the fuck are you on about?Youare the one trying to throw out a bunch of criteria to define a raid, not I.

Its a fucking raid. Why the hell are you trying to argue semantics. That it is a raid is not in question. Thecontentof the raid is in question. Quit arguing fucking semantics.

esloan_sl

shitlord
rolleyes.png

That takes care of your opinion on just about anything in the forum.
Again, I know nothing about Marvel Heroes, which I admitted in my post. I certainly don't know any more from looking at 30 seconds in a video, which is all the time I gave it because I don't have any desire to ever play that game. I saidwithin the constraints of that gamebecause I know very little about it. I saw a bunch of people running around killing mobs and I assume there was probably a boss mob at the end but I don't know.

The definition of raid on Wiki is: "A raid is a type of mission in a video game in which a very large number of people (larger than the normal team size set by the game) attempt to defeat a boss monster."

I think its safe to assume that there will be a boss somewhere in the Trial, so all criteria of the definition is met.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That it is a raid is not in question. Thecontentof the raid is in question. Quit arguing fucking semantics.
Yes. It is.

Holy fuck instead of arguing about how shitty the infrastructure this game is, you have managed to turn this into a discussion about defining what we have all known constitutes the end game of an MMORPG since EverQuest.

How are you Matt Firor nice to meet you. Fix your game.

(Definitely no source)

Is it safe to assume there will be bosses in trials? How the hell do you know? I would have thought it would be safe to assume that after saying they fixed megaserver 3 times they would have had it fixed. I would have thought it would be safe to assume that with API's in the mix they wouldn't cut down a player's ability to design what they want 2 weeks before launch. I would have thought it safe to assume that when Paul Sage was announced as creative director, consumers had a better shot at winning the lottery than seeing anything useful come out of this besides a horrible technical uncreative glitch. (Thanks to Brian Wheeler it isn't - imagine this game without Wheeler.... holy shit)

Given the circumstances of leaderboards and time trials in the trial itself, if it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, and acts like a duck, it's a L4D2 survivor mode rip off thrown into a TESO game to try and fire up more box sales to people who never went through the pains of the weekend beta tests. And then maybe you can enlighten me why, pray tell, I will do this content when crafted gear is top tier? So I can get an achievement or leaderboard score no one cares about? To gain * any * improvement on my character? If so, maybe now is a good time to say what it is 4 days before early access. As a stop gap for loot between hitting 50 and being able to purchase crafted?