The Elder Scrolls Online

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Someone help a shallow bastard like me with possible suggestions to get around my main hangup, the animations for combat.

I played this morning and this afternoon fairly stable , props to them. I like the setting , graphics as far as the way the environment looks , I'm ok with the character models , and neutral on the lack of symbols info on the screen UI wise so zero knocks against it so far , other than one I just have nagging at me ,

And I wonder if I'm the only one and this is a weird thing that I'm the only one bothered too much by it , the combat animations.

I played with a two handed sword , zoomed out all the way to center the screen (really thats the only way I can see myself playing , I hate off center third person and just couldnt do the 1st) , but the combat animations of myself and the mobs was just killing me. Everything else about the game I think is fairly well done. Would playing strictly ranged mage maybe be the way to go to get over this ? Any other tips ?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Ok Xevy mentioned my one other gripe I'm 100% in agreement with , wish less questing was necessary but I'm only mildly displeased.

Maybe trying an AOE healer or AOE damage type class would get me over my animation hatred , going to research a little into those types of characters I guess.

I just found this chart also, seems in line with what you're saying:
Skill Point Source# of Skill Points

Skyshards107

Levels58

Alliance War Ranks49

Zone Quest Lines48

Group Dungeon Quests16

Public Dungeons16

Main Story Quests~10

Total~304

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
We're in this for the long haul and early victories do not determine the final outcome, but we have had some success in Cyrodiil so far. As far as I know we have the world's first keep claim and our faction got world first emperor.

rrr_img_63808.jpg
rrr_img_63809.jpg

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not a bad launch so far. Like Abefroman, my mount is being a nutcase as randomly dismounting, though. The only other bug I ran into (very early in the day) was that I could not interact with any NPC's. A relaunch of the client fixed that, and I have not had any troubles since.

My biggest complaints thus far (and this is just personal preference):
- Far too much reading. Every single NPC is long-winded. I don't listen to them, I just blow click right through what they have to say.
- That being said . . . even though I don't read anything, I am not having any troubles understanding what's going on. To me, this is a testament to how wasteful the overabundance of text is.
- PVE is like ping-pong. You get a quest, you go somewhere and do something that often takes mere seconds to do . . then you spend a few minutes traveling and doing something else that takes a few seconds to do. Truthfully, most of my time has been spent running around (not fighting . . literally, just running around). It's very poor game design, in my opinion.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Guess who my first official "friend" in game was?
Yep.
smile.png

Server stability isn't that bad. I won $1500 in pull tabs at the bar last night so figured screw it. I want to do some PvP with PRX. First experience in coordinated PvP. No broken progression quests yet either, so I hope it keeps up.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I got through fine last night but now rerunning khenarthi's roost with a friend, 3 of the first 5 quests attempted have been broken.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Probably a stupid question. What's the difference between alliance and the campaign? Does what alliance you choose have no bearing on anything?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I just logged in for a second and noticed there were folks in chat talking about a few quests that everyone was trying seemed to be bugged , something about a particular NPC now spawning in each of them and were being told by others that they would have to skip them for now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Probably a stupid question. What's the difference between alliance and the campaign? Does what alliance you choose have no bearing on anything?
Alliance: One of three factions that determines which areas in the world you can visit, and which side of the map you're on in the campaign.
Campaign: One of many instances of Cyrodiil where each of the three factions fight each other.