The Elder Scrolls Online

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Played a bit yesterday. Encountered two quest bugs (ground spawns not being clickable). Complete speculation on my part as I don't have enough data, but got around them by doing the following:

-Played with girlfriend in a group (we've friended each other ingame as well).
-Drop group, both log out, back to login screen.
-Wait about 30s, both log back in, regroup.
-Most of the time, we'd be in different phases, I believe this is the key.
-Both run to problem spawn, check if it's not bugged.
-A variety of possible combinations exist (same phase or not, same phase as previous login, whether item is bugged in current phase) but in those two cases at least one of us would have a workable quest, and the other would teleport to that phase.
-Complete quest

Hardest part I'm having is deciding on which class and faction to play. Ended up with a level 5 on all three so far.

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just a few tips for people who are starting their early access tomorrow:

- Some people have experienced a bug which precludes them from zooming in during character creation. This happened to me as well. To remedy this, create a "dummy" character. The second character you create the zooming works fine. Then just delete your dummy character. I have spoken to several people, and this worked for them as well.
- I did not see any gold spammers yesterday, but this morning my chat feed was blitzed by them. Report them! Then ignore them. Ignores are "account based", which is a good thing.
- Some of the quests (not all) from beta are still bugged. For example, the "Assassin's Quest" is not respawning since last night. Relogging doesn't work - at least for me it isn't. My suggestion would be to wait for a server re-start (if they do one) and then try these types of quests. The Assassin's quests was working fine most of the day yesterday, so it sounds to me like it's a server issue, and not really a "bugged" quest.

Meeeeeeeh....

Tried to order the game from GMG, considering they use USD, and with the exchange rate the way it is, the imperial edition with a voucher there is cheaper than the normal edition from the official store.

Anyways, entered card details, get the message "oops, there was a problem with the card, please use another one", but took a look on my phone at my bank account and the charge was reserved instantly.

Anyone else have this issue? I sent them a support claim, but no idea how long that will take.

I have used GMG before, so not worried about scamming, just annoyed this happened right now. I wanna play!
I got the same message buying another game from GMG the other day and immediately received a call from AmEx Fraud Prevention division asking if I had just attempted the charge. I said yes, it was declined, they said OK- NP go ahead and try again. I did, and it went through. I think the payment processor GMG uses have been having problems but other than that hiccup everything went through smoothly the second time.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like the goldsellers have gotten a hole of a bunch of accounts. Gold spam starting and when you ignore them it does account wide and all the account names look like they would be usual player's account.

Arterial

N00b
Pretty good launch I have to say, my only gripes are that the leveling is really slow so people who like having alot of alts may not like this game, and the UI is horrible (no clock wtf?)

IDK how i feel about the mega server thingy yet, it will be good content as there will always be people to play with, but IDK how the game will ever have community, and how the uber guilds will stand out (which they like to do generally)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
And in game. Re ordered with GMG using chrome, then it worked for some reason.

Cost $64 on GMG (385nok) for the imperial edition which costs 599nok ($100) on the official store. 25% sales tax on digital products is just ridiculous, so I love sites that just discard that crap.

Playing as a Nord Sorcerer. Certainly not the most efficient combo,but neither was Human mage with str/cha focus in EQ.

That said, any tips on good sorcery skills? Was a Nightblade in beta, so don't know much. I so far only have 1 point in summoning and 1 point in destruction staff.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I find I actually enjoyed the PvE. Feels just like skyrim. Where I would sometimes take off in a random direction after a quest and run into a dozen little things exploring. I like opening my map and finding a space on it that looks a bit to empty so I head over to check it out.

Feels like my sorc is powerful but not overly so seems like melee have an advantage over me in burst damage in pve right now.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Utnayan, I am disappoint son

You should fight the good fight!

sellout.1.jpg

Vitality

HUSTLE
The mob XP nerf is so infuriating. If you built a quest system that would make you want to dungeon-squat in a cave somewhere and just grind mobs all night while drinking, watching movies and shooting the shit in teamspeak you'd have TESO's quest system.
This sums up my leveling experience. I was quite literally in a cave for 12 out of my 22 levels day one. Pretty fun just fking around with the boys though.

They legitimately sliced mob xp right down the middle, doubling the required level time.

I think questers were like 4-8 levels (equivalent to hours for most) behind when I logged out, as a direct comparison.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
This sums up my leveling experience. I was quite literally in a cave for 12 out of my 22 levels day one. Pretty fun just fking around with the boys though.

They legitimately sliced mob xp right down the middle, doubling the required level time.

I think questers were like 4-8 levels (equivalent to hours for most) behind when I logged out, as a direct comparison.
I saw you in that cave with a group for almost the entire day. No way I could have done that.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I saw you in that cave with a group for almost the entire day. No way I could have done that.
Well not the entire day - 1-10 took a couple hours, then there was the PRX emperor deal which took a couple hours, so we were in the cave for about 14 hours.

Our level time at the start slowed down a little while we got acclimated but towards the end we were doing about 45-60 mobs in a minute and a half. What's ridiculous is that with a group of 4 you legit had to kill upwards of 600 mobs to get a level, group xp was that murdered.

For us it was really no problem, aside from our minds melting ever so slightly every clear.

Needless to say we had to take lots of sanity breaks. Cabin Fever and all. Thank god for Cats and Hot Pockets.

PS: If end of month wasn't so important in my line of work I'd probably be around level 40 by now, and I'm sure the other two from my group who no lifed it are atleast in their upper 30's after doing some somewhat sane gaming after I logged out.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Well not the entire day - 1-10 took a couple hours, then there was the PRX emperor deal which took a couple hours, so we were in the cave for about 14 hours.

Our level time at the start slowed down a little while we got acclimated but towards the end we were doing about 45-60 mobs in a minute and a half. What's ridiculous is that with a group of 4 you legit had to kill upwards of 600 mobs to get a level, group xp was that murdered.

For us it was really no problem, aside from our minds melting ever so slightly every clear.

Needless to say we had to take lots of sanity breaks. Cabin Fever and all. Thank god for Cats and Hot Pockets.
Based on how far you guys got with all that grinding, I still can't figure out how that sorceror Pryda from EP got to 50 in one day.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Based on how far you guys got with all that grinding, I still can't figure out how that sorceror Pryda from EP got to 50 in one day.
He was likely able to do our route, or one similar to it, with only 2 people, doubling level time.

We had planned for 50 in 20 hours based on previous test metrics. (But ran into the 50% reduction to mob xp, instead of the -12% tested, with a group of 4)

Devnull_sl

shitlord
Some motivational words to remember:

Fucking people don't buy this shit. You will perpetuate the shit in this genre.

There are so many other awesome games out there. I know you all have money. I know it's only 50-60 bucks. I know its more entertainment then taking your kids out for 2 hours and seeing a Disney movie and buying two happy meals on the way home. Fuck. It isn't about that. If you want to see better games, you stop this horseshit and let Paul Sage and Firor fall on their ass monetarily so they have no scapegoat and get people like Grave in those positions so we see NEW FUCKING GAMES THAT MATTER.

-Utnayan 2014

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If they did use the Hero Engine it goes a long ways to saying just how shitty the SWTOR devs must have been. Don't really care what engine , just hoping it holds up in massive PVP battles and when the load really hits full launch.
It's using the Hero Engine but every line of code was gutted and re-written by ZOS. SWTOR wasn't as smart and they didn't gut everything. They also tied themselves to the Hero Script that was used with the engine where ZOS was going LUA based.