The Elder Scrolls Online

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hope not, I'm starting tomorrow.```````````````````
You'll just have to join Dawnbreaker during low pop times (before 5 EST) and you'll be able to set dawnbreaker as your home campaign. Getting inside AvA isn't even particularly hard, but the ass stomping AD is putting on EP and DC is just embarassing. We've got all the scrolls in the very bottom of the map and generally the other team doesn't even have a farm to their name. Though they did get a keep tonight, I'm hoping the map will be half blue half red tomorrow so we can get another all call in. I've got all these stone trebs man o_o

edit: Also, even if the action kinda sucks in dawnbreaker, you can always guest every 24 hours. Home campaign is really only about bonuses and emperor (looks like Mork is going to be a God King emperor and reign eternally :p)

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
You'll just have to join Dawnbreaker during low pop times (before 5 EST) and you'll be able to set dawnbreaker as your home campaign. Getting inside AvA isn't even particularly hard, but the ass stomping AD is putting on EP and DC is just embarassing. We've got all the scrolls in the very bottom of the map and generally the other team doesn't even have a farm to their name. Though they did get a keep tonight, I'm hoping the map will be half blue half red tomorrow so we can get another all call in. I've got all these stone trebs man o_o

edit: Also, even if the action kinda sucks in dawnbreaker, you can always guest every 24 hours. Home campaign is really only about bonuses and emperor (looks like Mork is going to be a God King emperor and reign eternally :p)
2:30AM here and I was able to set Dawnbreaker as my home campaign just now.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
All I have to say is fuck the 7:00 AM EDT for 3 day early access and I like how it is not even 3 days of early access(NA).....

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
And in game. Re ordered with GMG using chrome, then it worked for some reason.

Cost $64 on GMG (385nok) for the imperial edition which costs 599nok ($100) on the official store. 25% sales tax on digital products is just ridiculous, so I love sites that just discard that crap.

Playing as a Nord Sorcerer. Certainly not the most efficient combo,but neither was Human mage with str/cha focus in EQ.

That said, any tips on good sorcery skills? Was a Nightblade in beta, so don't know much. I so far only have 1 point in summoning and 1 point in destruction staff.
Just a question, are you Norwegian guys able to still use the dollar prices? Because here in Sweden we are "blessed" with ? prices these days which makes GMGs offerings more expensive then what I can pick up at the local store.

DMK_sl

shitlord
The biggest negative for me is the leveling. It is extremely slow. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like at the higher levels. Definitely going to have to do something about that. A lot of casual players will be turned off if they don't feel they are progressing.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just a question, are you Norwegian guys able to still use the dollar prices? Because here in Sweden we are "blessed" with ? prices these days which makes GMGs offerings more expensive then what I can pick up at the local store.
Most sites do what you say. Either change to euro or pounds, but of course pay no mind to the exchange rate, which makes it more expensive.
GMG uses dollars though, same with Videogamesplus.ca (my favorite site to buy physical games from) as they ship all items you buy as "toy game" valued at $20, so it bypasses customs without extra tax.

My VPN gives me a Swedish IP, and just checked. On my normal IP, it is $ and on the Swedish one it is ?. Guessing it is because they have EU and US prices, and Norway isn't part of the EU.

The biggest negative for me is the leveling. It is extremely slow. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like at the higher levels. Definitely going to have to do something about that. A lot of casual players will be turned off if they don't feel they are progressing.
LOL. You get skill ups all the time and just finding shards gives you 1/3 of a skill point. Don't measure progress just by levels (which are not really slow at all - you kids have no patience /shakes fist).

Drednots_sl

shitlord
I don't get all the bitching about the leveling pace. I'm 18 and level 10 in most crafting lines except enchanting level 5...that's in2 daysplaying time. Everyone wants to be at the cap in 2 weeks or less...

Teljair_sl

shitlord
I hated this game in beta, but for the sake of having a steady game to play until Archage/EQ Next I might have to get it. I just can't make up my mind.

Caliane

The population imbalances on Dawnbreaker are ridiculous.
honestly, I don't know what you guys were thinking on that.
AD outnumbered Daggerfall 7 to 1 on beta weekends, and 4 to 1 vs Ebon. On pretty much every server.

"pvp guilds" going to one or the other, wasn't going to offset that massive total population advantage. Especially with large scale guild like PRX going AD.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hated this game in beta, but for the sake of having a steady game to play until Archage/EQ Next I might have to get it. I just can't make up my mind.
if you plan on jumping in and pvping from level 10, maybe do it. If you plan on questing, you wont have fun. If you plan on aoe grinding, its never fun regardless of game.

Vitality

HUSTLE
if you plan on jumping in and pvping from level 10, maybe do it. If you plan on questing, you wont have fun. If you plan on aoe grinding, its never fun regardless of game.
This is entirely a matter of opinion. Questing is fun if you sacrifice an efficient leveling speed to listen to all the quests and read all the books. Aoe grinding is fun if you shoot the shit with the boys.

I find fun in rewarding content, and so far grinding has the most tangibly rewarding content.

Questing has decent story rewards, not on the level of TOR though.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
If you like solo PVE questing in MMOs you will probably have fun. As far as MMOs go, the quest system in this game is well above average. It's all a matter of opinion but the quest system in this game was designed to replicate the TES RPG games as much as possible.

fuffalo_sl

shitlord
If you hated it a week ago, you'll likely still hate it. Might want to just find another hobby for a couple years. :p

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
honestly, I don't know what you guys were thinking on that.
AD outnumbered Daggerfall 7 to 1 on beta weekends, and 4 to 1 vs Ebon. On pretty much every server.

"pvp guilds" going to one or the other, wasn't going to offset that massive total population advantage. Especially with large scale guild like PRX going AD.
You guys rolled on AD? L-M-A-O.

For a game that only has one decent feather in it's cap (PvP,) you just reduced the meaning of participating in it to Tarren Mill levels.

I like being on the underdog side. That way, when you accomplish something it actually matters somewhat.
Truth. But then again PvP in MMO's is inherently flawed. At least if you are on the underdog side you get recognized instantly for being a badass instead of looking like skilled player using crutches. It's hard to look like a big contributor while sucking on the baby pacifier in your mouth.

I'm enjoying the PvE questing but only because I'm reading all the books, opening every barrel, and going out of my way exploring and gathering every torchbug I come across. I agree the story most of the time is quite good and fleshed out but its still full of your typical MMO tropes- save the entire village and get rewarded a pair of used sandals etc.

Where this totally, unequivocally breaks down is trying to level another alt or two on the same faction. Zeni screwed up royally here. At least for fucks sake let us level another faction and then switch.