The Elder Scrolls Online

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just a little humor to pass the time during downtime.After three beta weekends, I had decided not to purchase Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). Then, inexplicably, I was given the Imperial Edition of the game as a gift. So, I re-downloaded the client, joined a guild and embarked on my 5-day early access. This review is based on the first 10 levels of ESO.

I am going to put this as succinctly as possible. If you like to read, and you like to walk, ESO will make you happy in the pants.

The writers of ESO are very good at what they do ? and that?s writing. Alot.

I understand that lore is very important to some players. However, the writers of ESO suffer from severe dysentery of the lore intestine(yes, you read that right). Practically every NPC you encounter will have something to say to you. Often times, they will say way too much. It?s like getting stuck in a nursing home with twenty 90-year-olds who want to tell you their life story. It?s overwhelming, slow, plodding, and after 5 days listening to the same stories, you want to drink yourself into Oblivion.

Let me put it this way. When I approach a quest-giving NPC, I want him to say something like, ?Go over there and chop down that tree!?. But in ESO, this isn?t enough. The NPC?s have to give me a complete oral history of the tree before telling me to go destroy it.

So, now I set off to chop down the tree - but whereisit? It?s over the hills, through the woods and just outside grandma?s house. Where is grandma?s house? Not anywherenearthe quest NPC!

I hop on my white steed (a mount that is included with the Imperial Edition) and trek across the map to chop down that damnable tree.Nowwould seem like an opportune time to mention that my gorgeous white mount, whom I named Snowflake, is the slowest damn animal in equine history.

After arriving at the tree, I chop it down. Yes, this task is as thrilling as it sounds.

Now I get a pop-up message telling me to return to the quest-giver, Corporal Longwind. I hop on Snowflake and travel over the hills, through the woods . . you get the picture.

Upon telling Corporal Longwind that I have successfully chopped down the tree, he showers me with a lengthy speech about how chopping down this tree will alter the history of the world. Seriously, a simplethankswould have sufficed.

Having finished this quest, I am extremely eager to get my reward! Perhaps I will get a new bow! ? butno. You see, it?s rare to find a simple quest in ESO. Most quests, early on, are part of a questline. As it turns out, Longwind is sending me out to chop down more trees! Only after a half hour?s worth of traveling back and forth will Longwind finally give me my reward! A new staff!!! Awesome! My archer could really use one of those!

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LySGiK6.jpg

Source

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's funny how 3 of the 4 bulletins are about them making money or plans to make money ;P

selis

Molten Core Raider
EXP via PvP is god awful. Removing the repeatable 20-player kill quest and making it daily makes it even worse!

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I am sure a huge amount of resources is being poured into housing atm, that is an even bigger cash cow than mounts.

So far I enjoy the game, the quests structure is different enough from wow that I find it tolerable, not great but tolerable. It would have been perfect if they went with a more level-less structure based around skilling up the trees and getting skyshards and just let you go at it in any of the 5 zones you wanted.

Honestly not really sure what purpose the 1-50 level structure serves in this game, even without it you would still need to quest for skill pts and skill ups, and scaling makes it mostly irrelevant to pvp. Yet another game that is a little less than it could have been.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
How much is this horse? Whats speed difference from imperial horse? Shit I should of just bought regular edition then this new horse. Treasure maps are cool but not 20 dollars cool.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Just a little humor to pass the time during downtime.After three beta weekends, I had decided not to purchase Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). Then, inexplicably, I was given the Imperial Edition of the game as a gift. So, I re-downloaded the client, joined a guild and embarked on my 5-day early access. This review is based on the first 10 levels of ESO.

I am going to put this as succinctly as possible. If you like to read, and you like to walk, ESO will make you happy in the pants.

The writers of ESO are very good at what they do . and that's writing. Alot.

I understand that lore is very important to some players. However, the writers of ESO suffer from severe dysentery of the lore intestine(yes, you read that right). Practically every NPC you encounter will have something to say to you. Often times, they will say way too much. It's like getting stuck in a nursing home with twenty 90-year-olds who want to tell you their life story. It's overwhelming, slow, plodding, and after 5 days listening to the same stories, you want to drink yourself into Oblivion.

Let me put it this way. When I approach a quest-giving NPC, I want him to say something like, "Go over there and chop down that tree!". But in ESO, this isn't enough. The NPC's have to give me a complete oral history of the tree before telling me to go destroy it.

So, now I set off to chop down the tree - but whereisit? It's over the hills, through the woods and just outside grandma's house. Where is grandma's house? Not anywherenearthe quest NPC!

I hop on my white steed (a mount that is included with the Imperial Edition) and trek across the map to chop down that damnable tree.Nowwould seem like an opportune time to mention that my gorgeous white mount, whom I named Snowflake, is the slowest damn animal in equine history.

After arriving at the tree, I chop it down. Yes, this task is as thrilling as it sounds.

Now I get a pop-up message telling me to return to the quest-giver, Corporal Longwind. I hop on Snowflake and travel over the hills, through the woods . . you get the picture.

Upon telling Corporal Longwind that I have successfully chopped down the tree, he showers me with a lengthy speech about how chopping down this tree will alter the history of the world. Seriously, a simplethankswould have sufficed.

Having finished this quest, I am extremely eager to get my reward! Perhaps I will get a new bow! . butno. You see, it's rare to find a simple quest in ESO. Most quests, early on, are part of a questline. As it turns out, Longwind is sending me out to chop down more trees! Only after a half hour's worth of traveling back and forth will Longwind finally give me my reward! A new staff!!! Awesome! My archer could really use one of those!
TLDR version: I like to kill and collect bear asses.

ESO is as close as you get to Elder Scrolls, online. Not much else to say. Yes, there are many quests that dont include killing shit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
TLDR version: I like to kill and collect bear asses.

ESO is as close as you get to Elder Scrolls, online. Not much else to say. Yes, there are many quests that dont include killing shit.
ESO is extremely far from Elder Scrolls, online.