The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Pointing out issues they should fix isn't a cardinal sin nor should you get so uptight about it.
How did we get from me pointing out the real reason why you flip flopped back to being a hater in between day 2 and 3 to me somehow getting uptight about people pointing out issues with the game? Trying to change the argument?

Vitality

HUSTLE
How did we get from me pointing out the real reason why you flip flopped back to being a hater in between day 2 and 3 to me somehow getting uptight about people pointing out issues with the game? Trying to change the argument?
FWIW: I don't think Ut was ever "Not" a hater.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Please stop posting about this shit. I'd tell you to go to the Utnayan thread but I couldn't find it.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I was on the fence mostly because I have not been following the game at all. Pulled the trigger a couple days ago and am enjoying it. Playing it pretty casual at the moment, so I am not so very hung up on the issues except the combat delay stuff. Some of the quest lines are pretty good. While there do not appear to be any collect 10 bear ass quests, there are several go find the 3 people that are lost/cocooned/need rescuing quests. I do like that in the newbie quest areas that everyone just rolls over the mobs grouped or not. I can see getting a few months out of this, more if they fix some of the issues mentioned in this thread.

Oh and FU to the person that took my name in game =/

Vitality

HUSTLE
How hard is it to become a werewolf? Any guide someone can point me to that explains it?
Link

It's kinda hard, gotta find the mob at the right time and hope no one griefs it. It only spawns like once every 26 hours or something dumb like that.

Or you can find a friend that will bite you.

Combat response time has gotten worse or maybe the lag has? I'm loading a lot now. I end up just logging off. The game is fun but doesn't have me wanting to play hours on end. Not with that shit going on anyway.
Haven't been able to play much during the week, but I haven't had any problems with the responsiveness since I adapted to their action queuing system. Mashing buttons WoW-style was causing me a lot of grief before then though.

edit:
I think it would have been even better if they completely removed levels and classes, and also increased the number of abilities you can slot from 5 to 8-12. I also think they should have cooldowns on some abilities rather than only using mana. The other big complaint I have is the soft-cap mechanism for stats is a diversity killer in builds.
I agree about the levels. They should have just left that stuff behind the scenes for balancing encounters and advancement. I don't understand the preoccupation everyone has with removing classes though (TES pedigree aside). If there weren't classes, then there would need to be some other way of separating super powerful/synergistic abilities from each other. I suppose that framework does exist with the vampire/werewolf lines. Still, systems like that always end up with de facto classes because certain sets of skills just work better together than others. Without exclusions, balancing becomes triage with the uncountable edge cases screwing everything up until you break down and start considering groups of abilities as individual units. Maybe I'm too worried about balance. The whole thing makes me wonder how people would feel if they could choose class after creation by joining mutually exclusive guilds.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I never got the no nameplate thing, whats up with that?
The TL;DR version is: ESO needs to be like Basketball

Elites are pissed that we have no idea who's shit we're pushing in.

Some PVErs are pissed that it feels like a single player game without nameplates.

Average do-nothing casuals are happy and pushing for anonymous pvp on the grounds that it breaks immersion/gives away positions. Even though there's battlefield-esque doritos over your head.

Devs are currently sided with the do-nothings.

"My name is Inigo Whogivesafuck, you killed my father, prepare to die." It just doesn't work, not even in the movies.

I mean why does the NBA have names on the back of their players jerseys? Fucking breaks your bball immersion.
Right?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The TL;DR version is:

Elites are pissed that we have no idea who's shit we're pushing in.

Some PVErs are pissed that it feels like a single player game without nameplates.

Average do-nothing casuals are happy and pushing for anonymous pvp on the grounds that it breaks immersion/gives away positions. Even though there's battlefield-esque doritos over your head.

Devs are currently sided with the do-nothings.

"My name is Inigo Whogivesafuck, you killed my father, prepare to die." See... it just doesn't work, not even in the movies.
All the above plus one more nugget of illogic. Apparently nameplates were removed on the PTS closed beta sometime back in late 2013. The PTS forums are still accessible so you can go back and see what points players were making at the time. I am not making the following up.

Apparently the anti-nameplate crowd consisted primarily of hardcore fans of the TES single player games. Their argument was that because there were no nameplates in the TES single player games, they should not be present in TESO. When the differences between a single player and multiplayer game were pointed out to them, they invoked the immersion clause.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The goofy thing is that I've seen zero casuals pushing for anon PVP. It's all ES fans who want to PVP but have never PVP'd before, which is becoming a small number.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So last week or so the patcher wanted to download 22G and wants 60GB of free space. I got around it by launching directly, but then its never updating my game. Do I really need to redownload this entire thing, or is there some fix to avoid it?

Vitality

HUSTLE
So last week or so the patcher wanted to download 22G and wants 60GB of free space. I got around it by launching directly, but then its never updating my game. Do I really need to redownload this entire thing, or is there some fix to avoid it?
If you find one let me know, my raptor is having a hard time with the 60gb. I just gave the game it's own YOLO half of my 10krpm.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I cleared out my SSD just for this game, lol. Everything loads fast except Cyrodiil, which is batting a 500 on being able to load.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Well, now its not letting me connect, which I assume is because I'm using the old version. So much for being able to attend tonights allcall heh, 22GB here I come.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, now its not letting me connect, which I assume is because I'm using the old version. So much for being able to attend tonights allcall heh, 22GB here I come.
Try running it as an administrator. I had the same problem and that worked for me.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
mElxtQ4.jpg

Source

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
We held another raid tonight in Auriel's Bow. Early this morning our Oceanic and Australian allies kicked up a hornet's nest by getting Emp and all 6 scrolls. Today I didn't see a single blue/red crossed swords or them take each other's camps at all.

We mostly fought like hell to keep our main holdings and developed a pattern of driving our force into the enemy home only to have to pull back to the opposite side because the other enemy was gaining ground. That's okay, it was a lot of fun.

We had a good fight assaulting an enemy bridge:
E1urgKy.jpg

Defending against a massive enemy attack by flanking their siege:
fKqk4wO.jpg

And ended the night by burning Sinister's Keep.
Tw7TAoM.jpg