Not open for further replies.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Glad to see you back big Err.

Gonna need pics if you claim you are a chick though

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
at the very least, seeing the expression on my gf's face change as I try and tell her this story has been epic

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Evelys? Are you in there bro?

rrr_img_275.jpg

rrr_img_275.jpg

rrr_img_275.jpg

rad

Lord of Guk
I would give all of you hugs.... If I wasn't afraid of getting a thumb up my ass.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm all for second chances. Just be who you are and not what you think people want you want to be.
I met a woman once from online, and to be honest I wish it had turned out to be a man( non faggorty ), I would have felt less anger that way.
No one gets all fucked up about having a dick, but when you play like you don't and do, it is just asking for it on the webs.
I look at internets like a man cave, where we all go to escape our bitch wives and crazy ass women girlfriends.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
This guy has more issues than National Geographic. He contains huge amounts of self loathing and the desire for others to feel sorry for him. Those two things sort of contradict one another. So making a fake persona with a traumatic past allowed him to fish for pity while pretending like the real him, that he hates, doesn't exist. (*church lady voice* "Well isn't that special")

Anyways I honestly thought for a while that Tyen/Trexx were behind the Evelys debacle. I mean this was THE perfect way to kill this community. Get everyone enthused about a new site, have people dedicate time and effort to making the transition smooth, make it seem like there is hope and BOOM. Blow the whole thing up in their face. I could see those shit covered conjoined twins laughing as they dropped the plunger and watched the site explode.

That right there is enough to demoralize most normal people to the point where they just stop fuck-giving, they no longer give fucks. I swear if this community had not been raised on drama and witnessed thousands of similar events occur with in-game guilds and the forums themselves, then it might have been put down. I mean when Tuco got back on and was talking about getting a new site up and running pronto it sounded like one of his PRX recruitment posts for a minute. People have developed a distaste for change, but are used to dealing with it.

A former boss of mine liked a phrase, "Those who refuse to adapt, die." He was a total douche bag, but he was right. I am glad to see that the FoH community was able to reroll with the punches and simply has another epic tale to tell.

As for Evelys... guy is whacked, but he has declared his desire to "man up" (that phrase will never be the same). Whether or not he is serious, I don't fucking care, but if part of his commitment to change is to move on from this community then we shouldn't stand in his way. Although I bet he's probably already working on his next persona and is making sure the fake pictures he has lined up are of a dead girl from russia that lived alone. (don't get any ideas you fuckwit)

Really, the only thing that I think galvanized the community into moving for the second time was Requiem himself.

This whole thing is playing out like a cheesy anime, with an endless stream of mini-bosses and minions (Tyen, Trexx, Column) double agents showing us their true form (Evelys), an oppressive mechanized force bent on destroying humanity (the malware attacks and the forum bots) and now the final Boss coming down and telling us all that we are all insignificant insects that he has willfully been manipulating since day one for his own sick amusement (Requiem). It's even had it's share of flashbacks and clip segments (hoofshots/brittney/millie/donkey history thread on MoreNutz).

Finally it has had the heroic efforts of a small group of people getting up after getting the shit kicked out of them, vomiting up half a gallon of blood, making their pupils get really small and screaming really loud as they unleash their final attack in the form of: a new website in less than 24 hours. "I have never seen anyone move that fast."

If this movement stagnates and people get split between here and FoH I will blame it on the fucking tranny's and become a bitter old man. If this movement is successful and the community makes the transition I will smile, and then become a bitter old man.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to start paying more attention my Pancreas. It is obviously a highly evolved organ.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm a brand new member. I trolled FOH for years, and moved over to morenetz when all the shit went down. I know no one cares about my opinion, as I'm brand new, but here are a couple of thoughts:

1. I don't give a rats ass about what Evelys did. Here's a new forum. I joined because I think it looks promising. Let's build momentum
2. FOH took a big shit on their members. They didn't care, and only cleaned the place up when people left en masse. Fuck them, and the horse they were fucking while riding in.

Also, I heart boobies.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I heard you were bummed out and wanted to know more about the Evelys back story which included you. So, if you feel like it, please fill in the blanks.
Bummed, yes, but that's more to do with the general FOH drama that's going on. Especially after reading some of the recent FOH threads, and Req's responses. We'd already been guessing he might have felt that way, but to see him go off like that...feels bad man. I now picture him as some sort of savant that has no grasp of social cues or interaction. Plus Req's reaction and the additional T&T posts pretty much put the nail in the coffin for me (as if it needed any more nails). I actually read that shit and could taste the bile in my throat. I'm ok with not caring, but the sheer amount of palpable disdain for the community was a terrible thing to actually witness.

As far as wanting to know backstory, I am in the same boat as everyone else. I just wanted to know WTF the truth was, lol.

I was grilled about whether I had ever talked to Evelys via voice. Which I had never even thought of or worried about, until people started quizzing me in separate PMs in IRC. And I never had, /shrug. I'd only talked to Stevelys in emails and in FoH (posts or PMs). And even the emails I had were worthless after Stevelys nuked all of his/her hosts or whatever from orbit. I did PM Evelys on FOH but that was all I could do, and never got an answer /shrug.

My relationship with Ev was mostly forum shenanigans to begin with, but before the reveal I thought fairly highly of Ev, as did most people. I just wish he had PMed people about it, I prob would have told him to stop worrying about it, and move on with life (and not nuke the site).

Status
Not open for further replies.