The Expanse

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Keep with it. I tried starting this show a couple times and couldn't get into it, but once it really gets going its very good. Just a slow start.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Del

Vyemm Raider
Season 1 was pretty mediocre imo, but it picks up in season 2, and season 3 was good shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I hope there's gonna be less politics and more action. I want shit to be blown up and people dying left and right.
Also, they need to have Bobbie do a long sweaty workout scene in every episode. She's by far the best thing in that show. I'd let her hurt me

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Barf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I hope there's gonna be less politics and more action. I want shit to be blown up and people dying left and right.
Also, they need to have Bobbie do a long sweaty workout scene in every episode. She's by far the best thing in that show. I'd let her hurt me
You're into the Asian woman? HOW Weeeeeiirrrdddd!!!!!1!!1

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
As others have said, stick with it. Thinking back to the first few episodes it's hard to imagine where the story goes but the whole path is absolutely worth it for all the ways in which it builds out the setting.

• 3Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Started Season 1, was pissed in the first episode when they killed the one hot chick. By Episode 4 I was laughing that some one must have taken a page from GRRM with all the deaths and when I read one of the writers was the former assistant to GRRM I laughed harder. Think I am on Episode 7, I like it but I don't love it. Tom James is a plus for me, but that hair style...

you are right at the point where it starts getting a lot better. the beginning of season 1 was pretty boring to me. stuck with it, tho, and the first two seasons get progressively better, at almost an exponential rate. might be a little extreme of a suggestion, i suppose, but i think you've gotta give this show at least til Season 2 Episode 5 before you decide you just don't like it. if you get there and aren't pretty blown away then the show just isn't for you.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The books don't have a lot of 'splosions and fighting if I recall.

So if you're after war in space, you're after a different show.

S3 is definitely the most organized of the 3 so far. S1 was a confusing mess even for me, but it had been a few years since I read the first 2 books.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Need to start watching season 3 soon. First 2 seasons were decent if not particularly great. Still feel obligated to support since even decent SciFi shows are uncommon enough that I want the genre to grow/improve.

• 1Like

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
The old ladies voice is too fucked up to be on TV, honestly I want to mute it anytime shes around. Its like she swallowed a frog and is using it to talk with.

Maybe I'm conflating memories from Altered Carbon but I don't remember old rich people on earth being that aging that poorly in the books.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
The old ladies voice is too fucked up to be on TV, honestly I want to mute it anytime shes around. Its like she swallowed a frog and is using it to talk with.

Maybe I'm conflating memories from Altered Carbon but I don't remember old rich people on earth being that aging that poorly in the books.

She is a pretty ruthless character I like her a lot. As for age, it hasn't been said how old she is but the show did say the average lifespan on Earth was 125 or so so.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just finished season 3. Love this show. Can't wait for 4 now.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Apollo 11 is playing in theaters in IMAX this week, its at my local AMC so it was "free" with A-List. Totally worth a watch if you get in free (Atom/A-List), its only on IMAX until thursday when Captain Marvel is gonna replace it. Only 90 minutes too so pretty breezy, only 5 mins of previews (for a single Disney nature movie) so don't have to sit through a ton of commercials either.

Its all remastered footage from the 1969 Apollo 11 mission which sent Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins to the moon. Its crazy to imagine that its gonna be 50 years this summer. Its a bit dry and technical so may be too boring for kids but I loved it, even teared up at a few scenes thinking about how much humanity has accomplished when we work together.

Also made me a bit melancholy thinking about how I missed that (born a bit later) and born a bit too late for the eventual Mars manned missions. The defining moments in my lifetime were Berlin Wall, 9/11, and Instagram ho's. I guess I hope for my grandkids a manned mission to Mars will be their generational moment.

After you watch Apollo 11, be sure to watch First Man at home, its basically the same story but dramatized with Ryan Gosling playing Neil Armstrong, the first half of the movie is human drama stuff but the last 30 minutes is absolutely gorgeous and stunning CGI version of the Apollo 11 movie.

Both have got me hyped for a rewatch of The Expanse.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
December 13 Beltalowda

Everyone needs a little Burn Gorman in their lives.

• 5Like
  • 3Mother of God
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

spronk

FPS noob
Interesting that they didn't reveal whether it'll be released one episode at a time or all at once (10 episodes total for season 4). i'm totally in either way, that trailer is stunning

also interesting that it looks like they will fully do book 4, I was wondering if they would skip past it or not. Book 8 (of 10) came out a few months ago and is really good, hope they can pull out all 10 books and it might go down as the greatest sci fi series.

• 1Solidarity