The Expanse

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

khorum

Murder Apologist
No it's the first planet past the rings that has a large wildcat colony of belter refugees who has to deal with the arrival of a legit chartered colony and they send the Roci's crew to intermediate between their differences.

I think it's the fourth book? Might be wrong, but there's a slight time jump from the end of the gates opening to this one.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Should be a bannable offense to bump this thread when there are no new episodes.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Wow I really need to rewatch S3.

Is S4 based off of book 4? I don't really recognize any of the events from the trailer from the first 3 books I read. Ilos sounds familiar though. Isn't that where they were experimenting with the alien shit?

Yes, it is based off book 4, although they will be using some of the book 5 subplots to help flesh out the Sol system events (like Bobby back on Mars).

Book 4 is when they visited the alien planet, yes. It's the first human colony after the ring network opened, although it wasn't officially sanctioned by Earth/Mars.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Maybe first colony

Duerte smashed his planet pretty early

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
I was rewatching s3 as advised and it's still a fucking AMAZING season with some of the coolest battle scenes in any scifi show or movie of recent memory.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So did these books come out before or after mass effect? Because there is too much similarity with the whole ‘wormholes discovered by an ancient mysterious civilization’ thing to be pure chance. I’d be ok with all female blue aliens showing up next season tbh

Cybsled

They came out post-Mass Effect, but "wormholes by ancient aliens" was done by Stargate before Mass Effect so they really can't claim that.

khorum

Murder Apologist
So did these books come out before or after mass effect? Because there is too much similarity with the whole ‘wormholes discovered by an ancient mysterious civilization’ thing to be pure chance. I’d be ok with all female blue aliens showing up next season tbh
LOL Mass Effect didn't originate that idea either. Ancient wormhole tech has been a staple of scifi from Ted Sturgeon to Arthur C Clarke.

Any kind of extant humanoid aliens would be dumb and ruin the series. It's almost certainly gonna pop up in the next book too, they're already suggesting some kinda Planck-space alien thing that messes with all the consciousness within a volume.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Where are you getting humanoid alien from, though? The wormhole aliens weren't described as humanoid and the builders were more insectoid it was suggested.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I'm not getting humanoid alien from anything. I said if they put something humanoid in it would ruin the series.

spronk

FPS noob
i've read all the books so idk but you really should just pretend the books don't exist for discussion purposes in this thread, so people who only watch the TV show aren't spoiled. yeah, it may not seem like much to talk about where book 5 goes or what happens to some minor character in book 7 but it sucks as a non book reader to read any minor spoilers for TV shows. There's a book thread in the book forum.

Anyways another video from comic con last weekend, not sure if this is diff from the one khorum posted above.

Release date still 12-13-19, it was also confirmed that all episodes of season 4 will drop at once, WOO!! Season 4 will be 10 episodes.

There are currently 36 aired episodes of The Expanse and exactly 60 days from today till season 4. So thats 1.6 days for every episode, or 2 episodes a week with 6 episodes jammed in extra, if you wanna rewatch. Or wait another month and then do 1 episode a day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There are currently 36 aired episodes of The Expanse and exactly 60 days from today till season 4. So thats 1.6 days for every episode, or 2 episodes a week with 6 episodes jammed in extra, if you wanna rewatch. Or wait another month and then do 1 episode a day.

Yes, that sounds like a great plan, or, you could start that plan and end up binge watching them all, over the course of last weekend...

• 3Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yes, that sounds like a great plan, or, you could start that plan and end up binge watching them all, over the course of last weekend...

I'm not going to admit how often I've done this in the past 2 months...

• 3Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

2 hundred bones for that baller ass Rocinante replica. Trying to convince myself I don't need that.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
God damn I can't wait for this to be back, this binge watch will be fucking great.