The Expanse

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

Amos on insta
1601563394572.png

would almost bet, they will start promoting it right after The Boys ends next week. their ad campaigns seem to run about a month. if they start on nov 6 and release 3 then 1 a week, would end right before Christmas.
but don't know if that would be a good week to release anything

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Weekly episodes is gross. Will wait till it’s all out.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I would've much preferred a "two episodes a week" release, but alas.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
1 episode a week, right around the time people have time off for the holidays. Great plan, Amazon!

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Niiiiice!

Listen, if weekly releases make the show more popular/generate buzz, fuck it. It's a small sacrifice for a great show!

It worked for The Boys. The viewership skyrocketed. I am guessing they want to see if that rubs off on The Expanse as well.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
As long as it's better than season 4.
I hope, but I'm not very optimistic. Season 4 was garbage, unless they brought in a whole new writing crew and change direction, I think we've seen the best days already in season 1-2.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Season 4 was based on the weakest book though. I think they did rather well given the source material.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Season 4 was based on the weakest book though. I think they did rather well given the source material.
Ah, well that's promising then. I haven't read the books so good to hear.

Cybsled

Ya book 4 is a bottle episode book so to speak. In the show they also laid the ground work for books 5&6 in season 4, which are strongly regarded by fans. 5&6 have a lot of good story and character development as well

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I hated the book season 5 is presumably based off as well. The crew spits up and 200 pages are wasted on pointless character stories that accomplish nothing except for another cliff hanger in the last like 10 pages. Fuck that entire waste of time.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I loved it, everything after Ilus in the books has been amazing. Ilus was fine but... idk, slow, disconnected. The distance from Earth really takes Ilus out of the thick of things.

I'm actually ok with them experimenting with release schedules. Dumping episodes all at once seems to make a lot of shows forgettable. And there's no lag time to discuss, theorize, etc. Like, if they'd dropped all of Twin Peaks S3 at once it would have sucked, you'd be theorizing about shit in E5 that is solved in E12 you just don't know yet, but all the catass retards in the world who stayed up till midnight and watched them all in one sitting would. I kind of like how Raised by Wolves was doing it a couple at a time, I feel like that's more of a consumable amount without the blueballs you get with network tv's standard 43 minutes per show per week.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, look at the boys thread. You lose all those theories and trying to figure out the plot trajectory when it all gets dumped and some insomniac spoils the entire season before you wake up that morning

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Ya, look at the boys thread. You lose all those theories and trying to figure out the plot trajectory when it all gets dumped and some insomniac spoils the entire season before you wake up that morning
Yea but when all the theories turn out to be inconsequential because they ignore everything and just do something retarded....

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Or it's based on a book series which already has wiki plot spoilers for a few seasons in advance. If episodes are an hour long I don't mind weekly, but if they start trying to do weekly for any 20-30 minute series there's going to be a huge backlash.

The Boys also did 3 eps up front, which is a bit different than singles the whole way through.