The Expanse

spronk

FPS noob
honestly after book 4 i thought all the books were pretty meh until the last book, which is just "ok" so I don't really have high hopes for the show. I'll still watch though, I do like most of the cast and its cool seeing the books "come to life"

The book series ends at book 9, Leviathan Falls, which is due to be published in 2021. So either way the story has an ending you can read. The authors have promised no prequel books either.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hated the book season 5 is presumably based off as well. The crew spits up and 200 pages are wasted on pointless character stories that accomplish nothing except for another cliff hanger in the last like 10 pages. Fuck that entire waste of time.
The trailer indicates a lot of Amos action in Baltimore and I'm sure if it's violent enough Wes Chatham can make it work.

Cybsled

My favorite part of book 5 was the stuff on Earth with Amos /w Peaches. I do agree the other sub plots were less interesting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
God damn I think i am going to do something I never do and rewatch this from the beginning. Hyyyyyped.

• 2Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Season 4 was based on the weakest book though. I think they did rather well given the source material.
So why not fix it?

If something is shit you don't adapt shit. Skip it, condense it, or make it good. Don't translate shit book into shit tv.

Last edited:

Cybsled

They sort of did condense it. The smartest thing they did is try to fill in the blanks that were basically told in past tense in book 5 (ie, all the stuff not on Illum). Even though book 4 is considered weak, it plays a pretty big role in the rest of the books. Book spoilers

-It lays out the new politics of the gate worlds and basically sets off the gold rush
-The gold rush plays a big role in the overall theme for books 5 and onward
-Some of the characters from book 4 have large roles in books 7 and presumably onward
-It concludes Miller's arc

• 2Like

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Can't wait for this. This is my favorite sci-fi show in recent years.

Although the 1 episode per week release is lame. I like the 2 per week model they did with Raised By Wolves.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Finally caught up with this, I had watched the first 2 seasons when they came out and loved them but skipped 3 and 4 for various reasons. Now I’m caught up. Enjoyed 3 a lot, 4 was weaker but still enjoyable.

I’m looking forward to season 5 p, I think they setup some interesting stuff In season 4 for season 5.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How about the non book cucks just dont read the thread until after the show?
Or how about you fucking mega dorks start a jerkoff thread in the BOOK forum and leave the TV forum for the..I don't know...TV show?

Or do you fucking space invaders already have a thread in there but also want to sniff your own fucking farts in this thread too? I'm betting it's this.

You guys are like a bunch of fucking women. Not satisfied with your own spaces so you have to stick your nose into others'.

• 2Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I'm always ready for more Bobbie

bef0c2e2.gif

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
if there's a book one I never venture into that area so I'm going with the TV show one in this subforum