The Expanse

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
When I was watching Episode 2 and they were showing the drug pass offs while Amos was watching, it felt like people should start shouting "AMOS COMIN YO!" lol.

Even the scene with Amos and the other dude felt like Stringer/Avon in the apartment before they betrayed each other. Fuck even Burrel was still there!

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Amos back in Boston had me rolling. The dude in the background from the Simpsons selling khlav kalash, complete with crab logo on his cart

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I take too many meds for this shit. I forget details which makes this series confusing as fuck between gaps of seasons and episodes back to weekly release.
I'm going to have to wait a 5 or so more episodes and start over at the beginning of the whole thing.

nu_11

The actor playing Holden is servicable. The actor played the angry fire starter in Sky High. Holden the character, however, is insufferable.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
i really like alex when he is flying the ships. just so tired of absent dad stories

This I can wholeheartedly be behind. I'm only on Ep 1 so far of this season, so still hoping Alex helps bring Bobbi back to being "kick ass marine mercenary". I know they wanted to flesh out his character with the family story, but so far it just looks to be a beating intended to remind him of the Taoist wisdom of "figure out what you are, be the best version of that things you can, everything else is a distraction or indulgence"

Cybsled

Great episode. Major change from the book, though

I can't believe they killed off Fred Johnson already. Makes me wonder who makes the sacrifice in the scene where the Rosi has to go full burn escaping the enemy navy. Since we know Alex isn't in season 6 due to Cas Anvar not returning, I bet he is the one who dies

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
They are doing a good job with the crew split up like it is and giving everyone time in an episode.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This show handled the 3 episode mini dump much better than The Boys. I'd still prefer to get it all at once...

I do agree that it's hard to empathize with the Belters. Maybe that's not the intent of show(books?).

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This show handled the 3 episode mini dump much better than The Boys. I'd still prefer to get it all at once...

I do agree that it's hard to empathize with the Belters. Maybe that's not the intent of show(books?).
The intent is to make you disgusted with everyone, doing the wrong things for petty and selfish reasons which enable terrorists to kill millions of people and assassinate leaders from Earth, Mars, and the Belt. The awfulness of the past gets perpetuated and done all over again, but it's okay as long as you're in the group doing it now is the justification.

If Nancy Gao wasn't a twat to Chrissie they stop it, if Mars isn't asleep at the wheel the tech to attempt it isn't black marketed, and if the belt actually policed itself properly and spaced Marco it never would have happened. Drummer is going to feel guilty as hell for reasons well beyond Ashford.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did only 2 asteroids hit? Friend is telling me there were many more in the book.
To clarify, 3 hit in the show and 3 hit in the book. They slightly adjusted where they hit along with the prison location so it was realistic for Amos to arrive there.

Show says 3 hit, 3 miss, 3 intercepted by Earth, and the initial one that broke up so 10 total attempted in the show.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The intent is to make you disgusted with everyone, doing the wrong things for petty and selfish reasons which enable terrorists to kill millions of people and assassinate leaders from Earth, Mars, and the Belt. The awfulness of the past gets perpetuated and done all over again, but it's okay as long as you're in the group doing it now is the justification.

If Nancy Gao wasn't a twat to Chrissie they stop it, if Mars isn't asleep at the wheel the tech to attempt it isn't black marketed, and if the belt actually policed itself properly and spaced Marco it never would have happened. Drummer is going to feel guilty as hell for reasons well beyond Ashford.

And it does that fine--the show essentially emphasizes the human condition, our lack of knowledge and the inability to communicate efficiently through large systems ends up producing the opposite of desired results even though the inputs were desired. Its a tower of babel effect (Humanity accomplishes its greatest feats in super large organizations but we also can't really control them even though we make up the structure), and good story telling.

But the belters are just cunts. Where everyone else is at least a tiny bit reflective of their own failings, the Belters constantly assume everyone else is the issue and they are morally righteous. Its the WORST kind of person, far worse than the normal human failings the show dives into within the characters specifically (Belter or not).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users