The Expanse

Cybsled

Ya, that stood out to me, especially after they gave his role to Drummer in season 3.

Drummer is basically playing the role of that Belter pirate from the books, so I am guessing Bull will be doing what Drummer actually did in the books to a degree?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I never read the books but so far this season is super compelling to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I never read the books but so far this season is super compelling to me.

Yeah they're handling the Marco Inaros part of the story a LOT better in the show. Those books were an absolute slog to get through, filled with Naomi chapters and without some of the compelling characters from previous books. The series manages to juggle with characters a lot better, to keep it more varied and interesting.

I have to say the news that the show would end after season 6 kind of makes this feel a bit useless to watch now, though I intend to finish it anyway. To me, the best parts of the Expanse "saga" was the early protomolecule stuff until Ilus, then the protomolecule stuff once the Laconians show up, with Marco Inaros kind of stuck in between them, like the boring part to get through to get back into the juicy sci-fi alien shit. Knowing now that this will conclude once the Inaros arc ends is kinda meh, though I must admit I have no idea how they'd have handled the huge timeskip the next books jump into.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

I too would have liked to see the post book 6 stuff, but the book 6 end ties up the story in such a way that it can serve as a natural stopping point. Books 7 and onward always felt like a sequel to me, so to speak.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe it's on hold so they can recast the actors. I swear I've seen news articles that say "no, it's not really over after season 6".

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This season is the first one where the show doesn’t feel worth watching when compared to the books.
I felt like they did a good job sticking to the books other than the rock hits felt more serious in the books. It felt like nuclear fallout extinction level shit in the books, not as much in the show. My wife hasn’t read the books and she felt like “holy shit” so maybe they did a good enough job and I’m just not feeling it.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe it's on hold so they can recast the actors. I swear I've seen news articles that say "no, it's not really over after season 6".
I’d rather they end on a high note than GoT fail the series. Actors getting greedy/big contracts or getting me tooed can put a damper on a proper finish, I’d rather they end early well than end late on a low budget flop.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I’d rather they end on a high note than GoT fail the series. Actors getting greedy/big contracts or getting me tooed can put a damper on a proper finish, I’d rather they end early well than end late on a low budget flop.
I meant that they'd have to recast the actors because the books jump decades into the future.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I meant that they'd have to recast the actors because the books jump decades into the future.

The book jumps thirty years in the future, but it pretty clearly says that they've not aged all that much. Advanced future medical science and supplements means at 60-70 you're still pretty fit, and only beginning to get grey on the temples. I'm sure they could use the same cast with some little changes. Plus who would want to step into Amos' shoes anyway? Hopefully this will be a hiatus until the last book comes out and gets digested by the showrunners so they can see how to best approach it and we get surprised with a bonus seasont or two to wrap up the saga in a few years.

Cybsled

Kind of clickbait. Amazon is done after season 6 and they are open to finding someone else to help bankroll the show. Their only hope is for another service to pick up the tab (which probably isn't likely), or they try to bank role a mini-series like the Henson Company did with Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars and hope they can get someone to buy it after.

Grez

Trakanon Raider
Kind of clickbait. Amazon is done after season 6 and they are open to finding someone else to help bankroll the show. Their only hope is for another service to pick up the tab (which probably isn't likely), or they try to bank role a mini-series like the Henson Company did with Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars and hope they can get someone to buy it after.
still waiting on someone to pick up 'The Tick'

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw many social media posts about "Expanse ruined all other sci-fi for me" and they are not wrong. Near flawless show. 🙏

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lol, of course Filip is actually a gayboy in this show.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
Love the logic from the belter on Marco's ship (Cyn): "If we colonize these new worlds and adapt to their environments, their children might not be some space-dwelling mutant freaks like their parents, so that's a no."