The Expanse

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Anyone else looking forward to this? First book will be great TV, I have high hopes for this season(and only this season, if you've read the books you'll probably agree).

Goatface

liked the 2nd book, but don't know if will translate well to tv. didn't make it through the 3rd one.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I like Thomas Jane. I hope he can carry this show.
I dunno, looked okay in the trailer, but I always found him a bit stiff in Hung. Fucking puns.

---

Yes, Ascension was a big step up for SyFy, but still not great, so we'll see if they shit the bed on this or not.

---

Getting my hopes up for a good sci-fi show just makes me want to watch Farscape again. That cool or sad?

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I had no idea they're making a Childhood's End tv series. Hope they don't fuck it up. Oh wait (spoilers about the book ahead)
On November 21, 2014, it was announced thatMike Vogelwill play 'Ricky' Stormgren, who in the adaptation will be ablue-collarMidwesternfarmer, but will still be humanity's sole representative to the Overlords.
So the fucking UN Secretary is now a farmer ?

Also, where's the thread for it, I can't find it.

Cybsled

Well, for a TV adaptation like Childhood's End, it helps to have an "everyman" act as the main focal point. Plus when Clarke wrote the original book, the UN was more prestigious ;p People today would be more along the lines of "lol UN sux" "lol, UN would offer stern warning to overlords and do nothing!"

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That... was pretty awesome. Definitely in for at least the second episode.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure that I'm sold on all of the actors, but they did a great job of portraying some of the details from the books, particularly burns, Belters, etc. I'll definitely be watching the rest of the season after seeing this. Another positive for Syfy, I'd say.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yay for the episode. And, of course, boo for making a free episode where "This content is not available from your location".

Qhue

Trump's Staff
That was very impressive...It felt broad in scope yet grounded via the different perspectives.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Really looked good. I didn't get any of the SyFy cheese from it. The special effects looked good, the equipment looked legit and not normal SyFy low-quality shit, acting was good. Really liked the cast so far.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Online only, but this includes SyFy Now which is available on the usual devices as an app.