The Expanse

Oldbased

> Than U
Guess I'll give in some. I used to leave my tv on SyFy but have not tuned in once since the whole Dark Matter thing.
I am still pissed they didn't at least allow one final long episode to end it properly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So is it not on amazon prime the same air time as scyfy channel?

I had to wait until after the premier to correct you, because you mentioning Amazon Prime had me questioning myself, but no -- the new season isn't on Amazon Prime, and won't be til sometime after the season ends.

Amazon makes bank on TV show season passes, I don't blame em. I love this show and am totally okay with paying for it, hopefully my $22.99 keeps the show from getting cancelled for that little bit longer :p

P.s. haven't watched yet, about to!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Okay, this episode was great, lots of action already and we're set up for even more action later in the season. Haven't read the books to guess, but it seems like this season is going to be pretty different than the first two -- going to be a lot of combat I'm guessing.

I have what's either a gripe or a question depending on whether or not anyone with more knowledge than me on the physics of space can answer, but -- why the hell did Draper "fall" down the ship like that in the absence of both gravity and wind resistance? Her relative velocity in relation to the ship shouldn't have changed as far as I know. Show is usually super good with the science of it all, so maybe I'm wrong, but I've got a pretty good hunch it shouldn't have been that way.

• 1Like

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
One of my main gripes with the show is Bobbie, the actress they picked comes across as a petulant child in her acting, and she looks like one too. Also, for someone who is supposedly the pinnacle of martian soldiering shes a bit of a fat ass.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
One of my main gripes with the show is Bobbie, the actress they picked comes across as a petulant child in her acting, and she looks like one too.

Yeah, she's casted just okay, while the rest of the casting is great. She definitely doesn't have the cool as ice soldier resolve that she should have.

Also, for someone who is supposedly the pinnacle of martian soldiering shes a bit of a fat ass.

She is?

600full-frankie-adams.jpg

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Nice start to the season. Thank God they had the summary at the top of the hour as I had forgotten exactly where we left off. Not a book reader here, but it seems as if, just with previous seasons, the season break takes place mid-novel rather than at the end. I think this actually works better rather than having each season map exactly to a printed book.

Also looking forward to the inevitable point when Avasavrala rips off weasel-mans balls and feeds them to him. What a total slimy dick that guy is...then again the secretary general seems pretty damn dumb to fall for it.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Also looking forward to the inevitable point when Avasavrala rips off weasel-mans balls and feeds them to him. What a total slimy dick that guy is...then again the secretary general seems pretty damn dumb to fall for it.

dude's a super good actor. watch the guy's face when he's throwing Chrisjen under the bus to the secretary general. looks like genuine guilt and remorse over his current actions. guy just feels like his hand is forced, Mao probably essentially has a gun to his head.

he's definitely a fucking sociopathic weasel for even getting so deep tho. if he had any amount of honor he would have confessed and faced the consequences rather than adding more to his web of lies.

• 1Like

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Yeah, she's casted just okay, while the rest of the casting is great. She definitely doesn't have the cool as ice soldier resolve that she should have.

She is?

600full-frankie-adams.jpg
QUOTE]

She looks fit in that outfit for sure, but in the episode with the black spandex she looked like a pie lord. Well. maybe that's being harsh but she certainly doesn't look like a badass soldier.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
She looks fit in that outfit for sure, but in the episode with the black spandex she looked like a pie lord. Well. maybe that's being harsh but she certainly doesn't look like a badass soldier.

shes got weird posture that makes her midsection look bigger than it is.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay, this episode was great, lots of action already and we're set up for even more action later in the season. Haven't read the books to guess, but it seems like this season is going to be pretty different than the first two -- going to be a lot of combat I'm guessing.

I have what's either a gripe or a question depending on whether or not anyone with more knowledge than me on the physics of space can answer, but -- why the hell did Draper "fall" down the ship like that in the absence of both gravity and wind resistance? Her relative velocity in relation to the ship shouldn't have changed as far as I know. Show is usually super good with the science of it all, so maybe I'm wrong, but I've got a pretty good hunch it shouldn't have been that way.

I am guessing it was because the ship was supposed accelerating defensively I believe. The people on the ship were walking around normally because the ship was accelerating at least 1G. Once outside the ship walking on the hull she would be "falling" at 1g once she lost contact with the hull and climbing climbing along it in theory would be like climbing a wall in 1g. If she had been on a ledge she could have walked normally without any issues but what it was showing probably was not that far off true.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I am guessing it was because the ship was supposed accelerating defensively I believe. The people on the ship were walking around normally because the ship was accelerating at least 1G. Once outside the ship walking on the hull she would be "falling" at 1g once she lost contact with the hull and climbing climbing along it in theory would be like climbing a wall in 1g. If she had been on a ledge she could have walked normally without any issues but what it was showing probably was not that far off true.

ahhhhhh duh, i would've just flunked a PHY111 question. forgot about acceleration, smh. i need to start taking night classes or something to keep me sharp. :p

thank you

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
ahhhhhh duh, i would've just flunked a PHY111 question. forgot about acceleration, smh. i need to start taking night classes or something to keep me sharp. :p

thank you
We get to used to shows where they just either hand wave physics or use space magic to do things like contra gravity or controlled gravity. Expanse does a pretty good job of modeling things about as well as they can and paying attention to the fact if you are not accelerating in space you basically go weightless and in this case of bobby climbing around on the hull that doing so is a non trivial challenge on a ship under 1g thrust.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
How can we discuss fat ass or not when shown a picture of everything but the ass.

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Isn't she like a 6' Samoan? Larger body frame for the shoulders and midsection yet she didn't get the super bust to accompany it.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
T H I C C but she is no Kardashian. Fat ass denied. Move to flat ass appeal. She trying to make it look bigger and failing.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I was debating whether to binge the whole thing when the season is done but fuck it, gotta get my expanse in whenever i can.

Re: amazon, it shows up on amazon after 6 hours or so but ONLY for international viewers. US amazon people won't get the show until a few weeks after it airs. I download the amazon rips since its the best quality, even better than my SyFy DVR since thats like in 1080i I think (my cable provider only does a few channels in 1080p) whereas amazon is 1080p. Sadly no HDR or 4k versions until blu ray versions come out a year later. Amazon Prime has the second season in 4K but I dunno if its HDR or not.

A few foreshadowing moments that I hope come true. Fucking loved Holden bitch slapping Naomi down when she wanted to go to Tycho and everyone voted to go find Prax's daughter. AWESOME. Fuck you, Naomi you skinny ass hipster hair double crossing bitch!!!

It was cool seeing Drummer, she's a neat character I think they rolled up two characters into her. Avasarala was just an awesome super nasty old hag to everyone, loved Bobby telling her to hang on to her tits.

Hope the show can get some ratings this year, if not I have a sad feeling it will get cancelled even though I'd argue its the best sci fi show on TV. From the previews next week, it looks like another Lost alumni makes it onto the cast.

• 2Like