<Gold Donor>
Robot Bees

78f1599e3453778dde3fee0a73dff769.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
They already had this for non cancerous fibroids in women under a certain size. So duuuuh
ya, it's been around for what, 10 - 15 years? It's fuckin dumb that it took this long to be approved for market for this procedure. Buncha bullshit.

• 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
My dad is currently doing lung test right now to see if he could survive the bone marrow transplant right now. If he doesn't pass it will be chemotherapy. I always go with him at the hospital but today he didn't wanted me to go with him.

My grandmother on my mother side was very lucky to survive a pancreatic cancer. 20 years later she went for a check up and caugh e coli bacteria at the hospital and died from that.

Early 1980... She smoked, drank alot and had a hard life with 10 kids. When she was told she only had 3 months to live. She tried to kill herself while hunting an afternoon about 2 hours drive from nearest city. She survived the bullet that they could never remove from her head and the pancreatic cancer operation. As a kid I was told it was an "accident" they told us the truth after her death. After the cancer her life went a lot better, she loved being in the wild hunting, fishing and picking fruits. She carried me with her anytime it was possible.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Just finished chemo treatment #6.
billoreillyfuckingsucks.gif
The really fun part is now being hypersensitive to cold. I can't drink anything even room temperature let alone cold. You know that weird pins and needles feeling you get when your hand or foot falls asleep? Now imagine that on your tongue and throat. Can't touch anything cold either - hands will start tingling to the point it hurts.
Only three more months of this shit to go (current schedule, which can always change).
There are many others who are far worse than me so I can't complain. But, yeah, it sucks.

• 7Like
  • 5Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 12 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
goddamnit. please pull through.
Shannen Doherty is 'doing great' amid her battle with stage four brain cancer, her friend Sarah Michelle Gellar has said.

The Charmed star, 52, was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015 and entered remission two years later.

Sadly, her cancer returned in 2020 and spread to her brain.

• 1Rustled

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Speaking of chemotherapy, my neurologist and rheumatologist (one manages my MS, the other my RA) got together and worked out a combination medication that I've been on for about a year and a half now. And it's going really good, all things considered. No pain with RA, and no "new" symptoms with MS, so that's a benefit.
When I go to the hospital every 6 months for the infusion, it's flagged as chemotherapy on my billing statement.
The medication in question is called Rituximab. The down side is it's expensive. I was paying $1k for every infusion, which is way too high for my liking. So I found a co-pay assist program for it. Now my bill is only around $25-30 every infusion, which is MUCH more reasonable.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the bill before insurance gets it is around $51k, so they're a least cutting it down substantially before copay assist.

I'm on a different drug that I take a pill every day for. In addition to MS & RA, I also have a blood disorder called Factor V Leiden, which is kind of an inverse to hemophilia. I've actually had around 12 clots so far. I know what they feel like, and I'm real good at taking care of them the moment I can feel one appear. Anyway, I'm now on one of the new style blood-thinners, because I wasn't all about taking coumadin for the rest of my life. It's too "iffy", and I'm not all about a guaranteed blood embolism just by taking it for a long time. The more modern day blood thinners are substantially better. Now a single daily pill will take anyone (regardless of weight) to a proper INR needed to prevent blood clots. What's even better about this medication is there is an anti-agent, where if you take 1 dose of this anti-agent, the thinning completely vanishes. That's very helpful in the event of internal injuries or something where having additional bleeding is detrimental.

Anyway, what I was going to say before explaining all that is this new thinner gives me a $30 copay for every month of pills. So if I get a 3-month supply, that's a quick $90 bill. The copay assist for this medication gives me a $10 flat fee regardless of supply. So 1-3 months will each cost a total of $10. That's much more to my liking.

Last edited: