The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah cause we will have a good show to showcase how big of marvel cum guzzlers these turds have been.

Sterling

El Presidente
Are the Marvel apologists worse than the people that hate everything Marvel but watch everything and post more than anyone else in these threads? Or you know, maybe there's a lot of people that take a middle ground and value individual things on their merit. Marvel has mostly done good work so at least giving the new things a shot is warranted for a lot of people.

• 8Like
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Are the Marvel apologists worse than the people that hate everything Marvel but watch everything and post more than anyone else in these threads? Or you know, maybe there's a lot of people that take a middle ground and value individual things on their merit. Marvel has mostly done good work so at least giving the new things a shot is warranted for a lot of people.
i'm for keeping things 100. if you cant admit the flaws then you are an apologist. i can talk about the shitty aspects of each thing while still liking it overall. the apologists think everything is hunky dory and the shitty stuff is great too and any excuse on why things are shitty is accepted without question. i liked WandaVision overall but the whacky sitcom themes was bad and the ending was lame. the reason i liked Wanda Vision overall and didnt give it a big thumbsdown was due to David Portnoy. everything else was pretty mediocre ABC TV show fare, well cept Olsen 's cute little ass.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I am expecting this to be no more than a fun buddy cop/rivalry adventure of the week type show in the vein of Lethal Weapon, without being connected to any larger narrative, planet-demolishing bad guys, or artifacts of cosmic proportions. If any of that happens to get tangentially related, it would just be a cool bonus.

My expectations are low enough that as long as it compares favorably to something like the punisher on netflix, or the scenes between Gimli and Legolas in LOTR, I'll be fine with it.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
i'm for keeping things 100. if you cant admit the flaws then you are an apologist. i can talk about the shitty aspects of each thing while still liking it overall. the apologists think everything is hunky dory and the shitty stuff is great too and any excuse on why things are shitty is accepted without question. i liked WandaVision overall but the whacky sitcom themes was bad and the ending was lame. the reason i liked Wanda Vision overall and didnt give it a big thumbsdown was due to David Portnoy. everything else was pretty mediocre ABC TV show fare, well cept Olsen 's cute little ass.
Yeah, I don't know why people got so offended at me calling this show out. I keep it real.

For instance, my wife and I tried to watch a show called "Tell Me Your Secrets," which is apparently very highly rated. We gave it a good shot, but after a half hour, I said "this has no hook, nothing to keep me interested," and so we gave up. If you can't make something that holds my attention for 30 minutes, why should I bother? The only reason I did with Wandavision is because I'm invested in something like 40-50 hours of the universe.

Anyway, we went and started Black Sails. It instantly hooks you. That's how you make a show. I shouldn't have to slog through 7 episodes to decide if it's worth a shit, and then at the end be like, "yeah, I guess stuff happened." That, to me, tells me it was a failure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, I don't know why people got so offended at me calling this show out. I keep it real.

For instance, my wife and I tried to watch a show called "Tell Me Your Secrets," which is apparently very highly rated. We gave it a good shot, but after a half hour, I said "this has no hook, nothing to keep me interested," and so we gave up. If you can't make something that holds my attention for 30 minutes, why should I bother? The only reason I did with Wandavision is because I'm invested in something like 40-50 hours of the universe.

Anyway, we went and started Black Sails. It instantly hooks you. That's how you make a show. I shouldn't have to slog through 7 episodes to decide if it's worth a shit, and then at the end be like, "yeah, I guess stuff happened." That, to me, tells me it was a failure.
we are at the point of hooks no longer necessary because everyone who watches Wanda Vision, Disney assumes are already familiar with their characters and love them. Scarlet and Vision werent especially memorable characters to me, Vision was just the afterbirth of Ultron/Jarvis. Scarlet WItch was just a former villain of Hydra who turned "good" during Ultron. Avengers:Ultron was my least favorite Avengers film. so for me to be "hooked" into this show i needed something really good. but i got sitcom zaniness and not much payoff at the end. i am hoping for more from this show because Bucky was a good character from the Cap films and he co stars in my favorite MCU film. i am expecting this to be good. Falcon has no special powers other than that he stole a flying suit and can pilot it very well. i am curious on how this pans out. i really dont see how anyone other than Bucky can fill Cap's shoes. now i find out that WandaVision wasnt actually a finished product, i am concerned that this might not be a finished show either. somebody needs to ask these jerks about that.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob
new clip, show debuts in 6 days and will be 6 episodes i guess

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
audio: rapid gunfire
video: unshot bullets hitting the ground

shit like that annoys me so much.

still looking forward to this

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

That's gotta be someone dropping rounds, I mean, it's fucking stupid when an animated film shows a full cased round as a projectile, but live action?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

I saw another quick scene where someone was dropping bullets from their hand so that's probably the same scene.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just watched that clip. This could be great if they keep the tense buddy cop comedy angle. Honestly the plot and action seem secondary, but I think Bucky could put out some really awesome fight scenes.

"The big 3". Fucking great.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is Falcon a Mutant?

I ask this because he seems stronger and tougher than what a normal non-enhanced human being would be. The movies have made no indication to any form of enhancement to his body. Bucky was enhanced. I am kind of hoping that they might make something up that explains why he can throw a shield that hard and take G-force like it did not exist. Most of the time there is a good explanation for why they do what they do(Ant Man not included). I did not mind the outrageous flying but now we are getting a strong variant of Falcon without any means of a power-up.

The show still looks like it could be fun. The preview looked nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Is Falcon a Mutant?

I ask this because he seems stronger and tougher than what a normal non-enhanced human being would be. The movies have made no indication to any form of enhancement to his body. Bucky was enhanced. I am kind of hoping that they might make something up that explains why he can throw a shield that hard and take G-force like it did not exist. Most of the time there is a good explanation for why they do what they do(Ant Man not included). I did not mind the outrageous flying but now we are getting a strong variant of Falcon without any means of a power-up.

The show still looks like it could be fun. The preview looked nice.
He's not super powered. He's a special ops military dude that's been training with Cap and the Avengers so he's really just a badass regular dude.