The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
My suspension of disbelief is having issues with unenhanced Falcon operating the shield as well. That thing was shown to wreck people and he's just catching it no problem? Kind of deletes the awesomeness of the scene in Cap 2 where Bucky catches it with his vibranium arm, as well. If any old in-shape human can catch it no problem, then wtf?

• 5Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Bucky catches it with a vibranium arm after an enhanced person throws it at him full force, that's why it's crazy. Falcon tossing it around himself isn't some wild thing, and it knocks him back when he catches it with both hands...

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I mean it's still kind of dumb, but there's plenty of shit about superheros that is all just dumb as fuck to begin with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty sure they show Falcon training with the shield and sucking with it during some of the previous clips. I'm sure it'll have the "OH SHIT" moment when he pulls off a Cap level shield throw while WS just fucks anytime he uses it, of course.

Cybsled

Bucky catches it with a vibranium arm after an enhanced person throws it at him full force, that's why it's crazy. Falcon tossing it around himself isn't some wild thing, and it knocks him back when he catches it with both hands...

Right. While the shield sort of defies physics, it sort of adheres to them in the sense that energy in doesn’t become greater than the energy put into it. So if some unenhanced person throws it, it will have the force they put into it. Like if a MLB pitcher tossed a ball at 90 mph and then had to catch the ball at 90 mph coming back to them.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure they show Falcon training with the shield and sucking with it during some of the previous clips. I'm sure it'll have the "OH SHIT" moment when he pulls off a Cap level shield throw while WS just fucks anytime he uses it, of course.

Even his sucky bounce it off of 3 trees and getting it to come back to him but mess up the catch is unbelievable. Giving the shield to him was just a mistake unless they plan to enhance him somehow

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Man Wandavision really made my standards low for what i consider good for this show. if we get a a bad boys knockoff series ill consider it the next breaking bad.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So help me out here.

I thought Falcon had the Cap mantle passed to him at the conclusion of Endgame. Aside from him having zero powers (yet) why is this show called Falcon and WS?

Probably getting it all wrong but yeah.

Caliane

So help me out here.

I thought Falcon had the Cap mantle passed to him at the conclusion of Endgame. Aside from him having zero powers (yet) why is this show called Falcon and WS?

makes sense that Falcon would not immediately take the mantle/name Captain America. Got no powers, etc. He would not see himself as Captain.
An entire season of him, saying, "Im not worthy", to build him up, and have the season end with him putting on the suit. Esp with, "maybe Bucky should be the one"

yeah, falcon throwing the shield around like Cap is dumb. Unless they give him a mech suit. Shits already magic in Ironman, so should give him one, thats just super thin.
catching it isn't really the problem. its throwing it. Cap is really strong, which lets him throw the thing, and bounce it off shit.

Also, lol yeah, at those bullets cut. it really is eye catching. But, the bullets are dropped on stone, while the previous scene of bullets being deflected is in a train or something. And different calibers.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
yeah, falcon throwing the shield around like Cap is dumb. Unless they give him a mech suit. Shits already magic in Ironman, so should give him one, thats just super thin.
catching it isn't really the problem. its throwing it. Cap is really strong, which lets him throw the thing, and bounce it off shit.

This was sort of my point. They're showing him throwing it as hard as Cap throws it (otherwise it's not going to carrom around, and he doesn't have this strength). Thus he's catching a very hard throw which he also shouldn't be able to do. It doesn't work on any level, and I've rarely come across stuff in the MCU that messes with my suspension of disbelief -- everything is usually well within the established MCU world physics.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
My suspension of disbelief is having issues with unenhanced Falcon operating the shield as well. That thing was shown to wreck people and he's just catching it no problem? Kind of deletes the awesomeness of the scene in Cap 2 where Bucky catches it with his vibranium arm, as well. If any old in-shape human can catch it no problem, then wtf?
Was bucky's arm vibranium? If so how did Iron Man blast it off him in CW?
Didnt think he got a Vibranium one till IW in Wakanda

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Falcon using the shield just makes no sense. He flies around and carried a pair of SMGs to shoot hydra guys. This paired well with Cap on the ground in melee. The obvious answer is Bucky carrying the shield in melee and Falcon doing his flying around with SMGs thing. Bucky is made to carry the shield being a super soldier knockoff and someone who could fight Cap H2H to a standstill.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Chest blast is apparently hot enough to melt vibranium. The Wakandan arm is just better refined vibranium.

main-qimg-27f57b94de8428c8ea75866cc0d85ffa.gif

spronk

FPS noob
So help me out here.

captain america is his oppressors slave name, his free name is Fal'quando

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
So help me out here.

Steve Rogers passed the shield to Sam Wilson, but the government want to name their own Captain America and I guess its going to John Walker.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Titanium.