The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Sevens

Log Wizard
I still don't think Sharon Carter is the Power Broker, I think its a Trevor Slattery / Mandarin situation.
I'm thinking the Real Mandarin is the Power Broker and just using a face to keep attention off him.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
The Flag Smashers and Karli were awful, awful, awful villains. Probably the worst MCU villains to date. Literally child retards with no plan.

This was my biggest problem with the series. I had zero buy-in that anyone would choose to follow Karli in the first place, let alone her chucklefuck friends coordinating a global movement.
I was optimistic a few episodes back when they showed the scene of her actively choosing to kill innocents with the car bomb. I thought great, you were playing with whether we should feel sympathy for her and have now committed by showing her to be irredeemable. I look forward to seeing her get her comeuppance. Then this last episode plays out the way it does and we're supposed to care for her at this point? Get fucked.

The dip in writing quality this last episode especially hurt the action scenes and overall care-factor which is a shame. If this is the direction of Mackie cap then I'm less interested than before I saw the series.

Anyway, finish on a positive. Wyatt Russell reminds me of Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler in how well he played the part of someone you are supposed to hate. Anything this show had with Winter Soldier focus was good and JLD as Contessa/Val is smart casting.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When did Sharon get so fucking chunky? I swear to god she put on like 20 pounds between her debut episode and this one. She practically had jowls.
I was thinking the same thing. Her face looked fat. I wonder if she got knocked up during filming.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
This is what I said to my wife. Yes, she's enhanced, but so is Walker and he is a 200lb trained soilder and she is a 100lb girly. Walker would have destroyed her as the enhancement cancels out so it's basically a big ass soilder beating up a little girl .

Really depends how the super serum works - if it makes them 400% stronger, then sure, if it adds X strength, then no - he'd still be stronger but the gap would be tiny.

It was obviously the latter for the original cap in that he was weak as shit to start with, and not noticeably weaker than bucky afterwards, but Karli also didn't grow 2 ft taller and become ripped, so take your pick of implausible movie explanations ;p

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Really depends how the super serum works - if it makes them 400% stronger, then sure, if it adds X strength, then no - he'd still be stronger but the gap would be tiny.

It was obviously the latter for the original cap in that he was weak as shit to start with, and not noticeably weaker than bucky afterwards, but Karli also didn't grow 2 ft taller and become ripped, so take your pick of implausible movie explanations ;p
well, the super soldier serum isn't supposed to be relative to the person in terms of physicality. it's supposed to bring a person to peak human ability. obviously the mental side is what gets all screwed up in people. but who you are physically before you take the serum is irrelevant. so it SHOULD put every super soldier (taking the same brand of serum) on equal footing.

i also get the impression that you also get peak hand eye coordination, so that if you think about doing something, your body just does it. like in first avenger, cap is jumping over 10 foot fences with ease right out of the gate during that chase scene, and there's a brief moment of surprise in his eyes, almost like "whoa, that actually worked?!"

all that being said however, none of that accounts for experience and training; stuff that the flag smashers didn't have any of. honestly sam and pre-powered walker should have had a MUCH better showing against them, and bucky should have mopped the floor with all of them. i mean, broseph was TRAINING winter soldiers... the dora milaje are a good example of superior training winning out against brute strength

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
The super soldier power just comes across as inconsistent to me. Cap and Bucky are jumping out of planes without parachutes and taking Thanos/IM/Thor punches yet a gutshot kills one in 10 seconds. At least the mercury vapor death got the "how'd you do that" treatment.

The funniest for me was during the GSP fight when my daughter said "I guess all it takes to beat Cap's shield is an office chair."

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the worst part about Wandavision, this show and any future MCU tv show is, they will all be unfinished messes nobody here will ever want to rewatch or talk about after they are over.

• 1Salty

Sevens

Log Wizard
the worst part about Wandavision, this show and any future MCU tv show is, they will all be unfinished messes nobody here will ever want to rewatch or talk about after they are over.
I disagree, I think the pandemic really hurt the quality of these shows. Phase 1 MCU isnt the best stuff in the world (besides IM1) and Im hoping these will get better as they get more xp under the belt

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I disagree, I think the pandemic really hurt the quality of these shows. Phase 1 MCU isnt the best stuff in the world (besides IM1) and Im hoping these will get better as they get more xp under the belt
Agree with this. A lot of shows have had such awful seasons because they filmed it during the pandemic or had to pause halfway through a season due to it. Shameless’s final season being one of them.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
WandaVision was 100 times better than this woke trash.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Finding out Malcom Spellman is gonna be doing Cap 4 is a huge disappointment after the just shit writing we saw here.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
White male
But he's/Batroc are Quebecois/French, so...<squint>
GIF by Achievement Hunter

Fadaar

That guy
never would have guessed that Walker and Zemo would be the real winners of this show

not in a story sense but in a popularity sense

• 1Like