The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kiki

Log Wizard
I thought was obvious she was the power broker since the first episode with her in it, there was some heavy ass foreshadowing to me. Can't wait for Thunderbolts tho. The suit color did suck, but the wings were pretty cool.

The stuipid part to me was there never was any racism but they talked about it all the time. Even the banker had a reasonable explanation, hey shit's fucked because 3.5 billion people just showed up

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I thought was obvious she was the power broker since the first episode with her in it, there was some heavy ass foreshadowing to me. Can't wait for Thunderbolts tho. The suit color did suck, but the wings were pretty cool.

The stuipid part to me was there never was any racism but they talked about it all the time. Even the banker had a reasonable explanation, hey shit's fucked because 3.5 billion people just showed up
the racism angle felt like they tacked it on when they ditched the plague substory, i mean they probably always planned the race angle, but they added to it afterward

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
that loan stuff was hard to suspend disbelieve for. like Falcon couldn't just call Pepper Pots and get an instant loan

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
that loan stuff was hard to suspend disbelieve for. like Falcon couldn't just call Pepper Pots and get an instant loan
I mean outside of Tony's funeral and the Endgame fight, I don't think Falcon ever had a scene with Pepper. He couldn't even get tech help for his Falcon suit from Stark Industries.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Did anyone else notice that the new suit had two redwings? When he catches the truck there are redwings helping on either side of him.

• 3Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The best part of this series was the opening action scene of episode 1 and it got progressively worse from there.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
heavy ass foreshadowing
Yes but it made no sense. Obviously she couldn't know Zemo would just straight up murder that scientist guy, but why the fuck would she have ever endangered the guy in the first place? She sent Sam, Bucky, and Zemo there after putting a huge bounty on them and even if Zemo hadn't shot him, he might have died when the bounty hunters SHE was responsible for launched a fucking rocket at the place.

It's Game of Thrones level stupid for Sharon to be the Power Broker.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, the issue isn't that it wasn't foreshadowed. It was pretty clear that we weren't supposed to trust Sharon. The issue is that it just makes no sense for her character nor for her motives. She hired bounty hunters to find Sam and bucky, then spends the episode hanging out with Sam and bucky AT HER HOUSE.

Sam's speech at the end was just too long. Part of what made Steve Rogers cap was his speeches were succinct and poignant. He'd make a statement that carried weight in just a few words.

But that being said I think it was a good speech. His point wasn't that we should listen to terrorists... His point is that we should stop using terms that are just used to create emotional reactions.

Think about the capital riots. How bout instead of calling those people terrorists, we ask them why they are so upset. And at no point did I hear Sam's speech and thing it was aimed at rich white men. It seemed like it was clearly aimed at rich politicians who have 7 figure salaries for sitting in a room and arguing with each other. They are completely separated from the regular people who are out here struggling to keep their house in order.

And "some people are gonna hate me for being up here" I felt like that was DIRECTLY calling out anyone who is gonna call him an uncle Tom. I think they even focused on Isiah at that line.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

the snap was racist, out of 16 characters we saw snapped out by thanos in Infinity War 5 were black or 31%. Infinity Stones are racist, confirmed. plz alert Lebron James

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
At this point I would rather watch a US Agent show than a Captain Bubba Gump show.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
One thing I don't get with power broker is her timeline. Sharon doesn't go underground until civil war, which is also when Zemo gets imprisoned. It's implied though that Zemo is familiar with PB being in Madripor. When would he have learned about PB? Is Sharon just the latest person to have the PB title and there's been a PB for longer? I'm guessing it's just another one of those timeline things they don't want us to think too much about.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
One thing I don't get with power broker is her timeline. Sharon doesn't go underground until civil war, which is also when Zemo gets imprisoned. It's implied though that Zemo is familiar with PB being in Madripor. When would he have learned about PB? Is Sharon just the latest person to have the PB title and there's been a PB for longer? I'm guessing it's just another one of those timeline things they don't want us to think too much about.
Who is to say she wasn't before CW. She already exhibited shady shit as far back as when she first fucked with Steve Rogers, pretending to be a nurse and roommate. Which ultimately resulted in Nick Fury getting sniped, akin to the episode before last. Tell me that shit isn't presumptive. She's a spy. Basically a Black Widow.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think they implied that she was always the PB or at the least working on her own agenda.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Watching it now. “Hot garbage” is a compliment.

• 4Like
  • 1Garbage

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It makes it even more fucking weird that she may have knowingly kissed her great, great uncle or some shit, all under the guise of SHIELD.

• 1Dislike

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I still want to know how Karli and all her ramshackle army were suddenly these nimble martial artist fuckers. I get that they got dosed up but even Cap had to train and learn to fight. These guys are spinning around and fly-kicking like Bruce Lee on acid. I mean, Karli is barely out of nappies.
This is what I said to my wife. Yes, she's enhanced, but so is Walker and he is a 200lb trained soilder and she is a 100lb girly. Walker would have destroyed her as the enhancement cancels out so it's basically a big ass soilder beating up a little girl .

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is what I said to my wife. Yes, she's enhanced, but so is Walker and he is a 200lb trained soilder and she is a 100lb girly. Walker would have destroyed her as the enhancement cancels out so it's basically a big ass soilder beating up a little girl .

This sounds somewhat silly, as the enhancement to both would essentially make the whole 200 v 100 lb differences meaningless. The only jarring part is that the Karli group wouldn't have anywhere near the same level of combat training as Walker or Bucky (pretty much assuming all of the Flag Smasher supers were normies prior). Although aside from an over the top move here or there, Bucky and Walker both seemed to take care of any of the Flag Smashers 1v1 which would make sense.