The Fall 2019 Anime Thread

Malkav

French Madman
If you enjoy sport type anime, I highly recommend catching up with Chihayafuru. The subject matter, Karuta, is not really a sport, it's more like Shogi in Sangatsu no Lion, but you'll find the same tropes as a good sport show.

Been marathoning the two previous 25 episodes season and it's pretty great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So is our boy Gilgamesh front and center in this one?

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
So is our boy Gilgamesh front and center in this one?

Caster Gilgamesh is one of the major characters yes, albeit more of a background one and not in the main adventuring squad for most of it. He's got a few nice moments though.

Also, this takes place during his lifetime, so he is not a Servant at this point.

The Servant cast for this is amazing though.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did Ishtar choose Rin's form because her thighs are the most powerful thermal generator in human history?

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
She's basically possessing Rin because their personnalities are compatible, but yeah, half naked Rin. ;p

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kimetsu train arc is going to be released as a movie. Kinda bummed about there being no season 2 announcement yet.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Kimetsu train arc is going to be released as a movie. Kinda bummed about there being no season 2 announcement yet.

Train arc would've been 3-4 episodes. It's worth it. I can't imagine them not coming back in the summer.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
They are moving really fast through the available material. Good stuff though.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So a new series, Shinchou Yuusha, began yesterday and I really like it. It's the newest "summoned to a new universe" style of Anime. Really feels like this season's "Kono Suba". It's funny.

The summoned guy is strong because he'a a very careful player. After he's summoned, he only wants to focus on leveling up as slowly as possible, and what else he can do to boost hiss stats.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So a new series, Shinchou Yuusha, began yesterday and I really like it. It's the newest "summoned to a new universe" style of Anime.
isekai, i don't like using jap words really, but it is very popular and even a filter/search term on manga sites, so i believe it's something we should adopt as well.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tanya the evil the movie came out the other day. Good shit now where's season 2?

• 2Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
So a new series, Shinchou Yuusha, began yesterday and I really like it. It's the newest "summoned to a new universe" style of Anime. Really feels like this season's "Kono Suba". It's funny.

The summoned guy is strong because he'a a very careful player. After he's summoned, he only wants to focus on leveling up as slowly as possible, and what else he can do to boost hiss stats.

Not leveling up slowly, but being over cautious/prepared for everything. I found it funny he has the same voice actor as goblin slayer.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
isekai, i don't like using jap words really, but it is very popular and even a filter/search term on manga sites, so i believe it's something we should adopt as well.

Concur, I hate doing weeb shit like using Japanese words despite the fact that I watch tons of anime but isekai is one I'll totally make an exception for.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm finally getting a chance to look down the list of this season's Anime's.

Fall 2019 Anime Chart - All (This is the list I used).

Return of Sword Art Online - Nice
Return of Boku no Hero Academia - Very Nice
Return of Nanatsu no Taizai (7 Deadly Sins) - Can't wait
Return of Shokugeki no Soma - HOLY SHIT! This arc is going to be the end of the series unless they plan on continuing past the manga.
Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru (This is the one I linked earlier) - I'm enjoying it so far. It kinda reminds me of Kono Suba. The guy's a reject that over analyzes everything because he's afraid of everything.
Re Zero & Violet Evergarden are getting OVA's. They should be good.

Granblue Fantasy is returning also. Cool.

Fuck, there are so many shows that look entertaining. I'll just try watching the first episode of most and see if I like them.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The subject matter, Karuta, is not really a sport, it's more like Shogi in Sangatsu no Lion, but you'll find the same tropes as a good sport show.

Been marathoning the two previous 25 episodes season and it's pretty great.
You've got to give it to japan: only they could make a long running manga and 50 episodes about an obscure card game mostly no one outside of japan will ever get because it is based on reading japanese poems. At least in Hikaru No Go you could understand and appreciate the underlying game, but this one takes the cake.

This seasons CGDCT Houkago Saikoro Club is about european board games. Looked somewhat interesting, albeit full of used cardboard cutout characters like rulesmonger with glasses,shy kuudere and genki girl.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay Shinchou Yuusha is hilarious. I about died when he fought the slime.

• 1Like