The Fast Food Thread

Xevy

Log Wizard
Paging Xevy Xevy , are you well, bro?
I live in Indianapolis, thankfully. I'm usually a 2/2 McChicken and McDouble guy. 2-3-2? What a gross fucking animal.

Also the iced coffee flushes it all out of my body too fast for endotoxins!

• 3Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The new Lay's flavors have been announced and available starting Monday:

Which flavor would you want to try?

Curious about the everything bagel w/ cream cheese flavor, but I have a feeling the other two are just remixes of already existing flavors. They've done that a few times in the past where they just take an existing flavor and add a new twist (like bacon or something). Anyway, I'm going to be on vacation in bumfuck nowhere for the next week so someone do God's work and try these out on Monday and report back.

• 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never try the flavor chips, because they're always marked up in price.
There should be a grocery thread for frozen foods and chips.. they really don't belong here.

• 3Picard
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This thread has always encompassed "junk" food. If anything a thread rename would be better than a new thread. Fast Food / Junk Food thread.

• 1Solidarity

McCheese

I never try the flavor chips, because they're always marked up in price.
There should be a grocery thread for frozen foods and chips.. they really don't belong here.

So not only are you an idiot, but you're cheap as well. Got it.

• 3Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
This thread has always encompassed "junk" food. If anything a thread rename would be better than a new thread. Fast Food / Junk Food thread.
Yeah and everytime it happened, it has felt like a derail.
There is need for such information, extending to sauces, sodas, and non junk food that would be better served in a separate thread.

Last edited:
  • 1Supertaster

McCheese

Yeah and everytime it happened, it has felt like a detail.
There is need for such information, extending to sauces, sodas, and non junk food that would be better served in a separate thread.

IySPC.gif

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
A grocery thread would probably attract a slightly different crowd too. Might get some novel discussions we wouldn't otherwise.

Ultimately I don't care tho.

McCheese

This was already tried when @Grimmlokk (I think?) created that abortion of a thread for Microwave Cuisine. It was soon crushed beneath the behemoth that is the Fast Food Thread.

• 3Quality Calories
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I mean...you guys can create a new food thread, but I just don't foresee success in your future.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If you start a grocery thread I'm going to fag it the fuck up with my pretentious food snobbery. Bunch of locally sourced Napa Valley shit you can't get. It's my form of protest.

• 3Supertaster
  • 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If you start a grocery thread I'm going to fag it the fuck up with my pretentious food snobbery. Bunch of locally sourced Napa Valley shit you can't get. It's my form of protest.

Quarantining your food discussion was part of my thought process when I decided another thread would be a good idea.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Why is this new guy coming in here trying to shit up the fast food thread?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I honestly don't care as long as people don't talk about their fucking Blue Apron spinach artichoke gluten free naan pizzas or whatever in here. If McCheese is going to do an op-ed on cinnamon rolls from just vending machines, then power to him. That's the shit that belongs in here. When people start talking about which non American Southeast-Asian fruit is the best for their homemade fruit salads, that's when something has got to change.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I honestly don't care as long as people don't talk about their fucking Blue Apron spinach artichoke gluten free naan pizzas or whatever in here. If McCheese is going to do an op-ed on cinnamon rolls from just vending machines, then power to him. That's the shit that belongs in here. When people start talking about which non American Southeast-Asian fruit is the best for their homemade fruit salads, that's when something has got to change.

Oh man, this quinoa I had last night...

• 1Worf

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I think a new title of "The Fast/Junk Food Thread" would be a good idea. That in no way includes hipster groceries. Shall I suggest the change in the amod thread?

McCheese

The thread title is fine. It's been fine for nearly 5 years.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity