The Fast Food Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Failing at frozen pizza is bad. Even my fiance, who is terrible in the kitchen, can pull that shit off.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Frozen pizzas are almost all pre-cooked, so you really just have to put it on the counter for a bit to let it thaw. You don't even have to actually cook them. Same with pizza rolls and hot pockets. Nothing wrong with room temperature.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Frozen pizzas are almost all pre-cooked, so you really just have to put it on the counter for a bit to let it thaw. You don't even have to actually cook them. Same with pizza rolls and hot pockets. Nothing wrong with room temperature.
giphy.gif

• 8Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
McCheese I understand you like to skirt the boundaries of absurd but I truly hope you don't do that. Leaving a pizza to thaw for a couple hours will put it into a temperature range and time window that promotes serious bacteria growth. While the ingredients are all precooked, you're asking for food poisoning.

Of course I don't ever believe any story you ever write here and now I'm reminded why I stopped viewing this thread for months

• 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

McCheese I understand you like to skirt the boundaries of absurd but I truly hope you don't do that. Leaving a pizza to thaw for a couple hours will put it into a temperature range and time window that promotes serious bacteria growth. While the ingredients are all precooked, you're asking for food poisoning.

Of course I don't ever believe any story you ever write here and now I'm reminded why I stopped viewing this thread for months

It's not something I do regularly, but I have when it was necessary. Generally I've always eaten pizza/hot pockets/pizza rolls like that when I have no power and they're thawing in the freezer. I assume that's safe. I've done the counter method, but it wasn't for hours. It really doesn't take long for that stuff to thaw enough to where you can eat it. Hell, I think just the drive home from the grocery store is enough to make pizza rolls soft enough to be edible.

I stand by all my posts here. I take this thread very seriously and I'm offended that you disbelieve me so readily.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Haha "when it is necessary"

Sometimes you're out running more errands post-grocery run and you gotta eat. Stove accessibility be damned. Leave that sucker on the dashboard in a shade-less parking lot.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's not something I do regularly, but I have when it was necessary. Generally I've always eaten pizza/hot pockets/pizza rolls like that when I have no power and they're thawing in the freezer. I assume that's safe. I've done the counter method, but it wasn't for hours. It really doesn't take long for that stuff to thaw enough to where you can eat it. Hell, I think just the drive home from the grocery store is enough to make pizza rolls soft enough to be edible.

I stand by all my posts here. I take this thread very seriously and I'm offended that you disbelieve me so readily.
Gonna pet battle you

Actually nevermind I'd never win

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Leaving a pizza to thaw for a couple hours will put it into a temperature range and time window that promotes serious bacteria growth. While the ingredients are all precooked, you're asking for food poisoning.

Food poisoning is overrated. I routinely ignore all bacteria warnings on everything and I have never had food poisoning in my life.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well that's great but I got food poisoning last year for the first time in my life and thought I was going to die

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I've had food poisoning twice and it's fucking awful. Even got it once from my favorite Thai place and I couldn't go back for years. Ruined me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I've had food poisoning twice and it's fucking awful. Even got it once from my favorite Thai place and I couldn't go back for years. Ruined me.
Yeah I got it from my favorite wing spot and now I can't go back. I know people will say wings are wings, but I loved that place

McCheese

I found a caterpillar frozen in an ice cube in my diet coke at one of my favorite wing places. Stayed away for a while but I went back, just ordered drinks with no ice.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I got it from my favorite wing spot and now I can't go back. I know people will say wings are wings, but I loved that place

Those people are fools. I'm an avid wing fan and when I travel I try to find all the best places in a city. Not all wings are the same, but most of them are unfortunately. Even quality restaurants where everything else is good tend to have subpar wings. Places need to learn that the quality of the wing itself is more important than the sauce. Everyone focuses on the sauce!

• 1Solidarity

McCheese

Besides, sauce, what's the difference between what you consider quality wings and subpar wings? Serious question, I'm genuinely curious, because I've eaten wings all over and I can't say I've ever really noticed much difference in the actual chicken. Maybe I've just never had truly good, high-quality chicken wings.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How they season/cost them, how they fry them, how fresh the oil/chicken is

I'd bet a lot of places use frozen chicken wings

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users