The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What did everyone have for breakfast?
Mine was:

2x Chick-fil-A biscuit
1x hash brown
1x Dr. Pepper

I ate breakfast at 2am last night. I'm still full.

A bag of Doritos
A jumbo iced honey bun
A strawberry cheese Danish (Royal Farms brand)
A bag of Krispy Kreme mini crullers
A bag of gushers
A large twix
Half a carton of some leftover Thai food

• 3Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had my first hot pocket in probably 10 years. Absolutely vile. I could barely finish the two

• 1Supertaster
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

A bag of Doritos
A jumbo iced honey bun
A bag of gushers
A large twix

Jesus H Christ

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
How is your chest light enough for your diaphram to move it still?

A bag of Doritos
A jumbo iced honey bun
A bag of gushers
A large twix

• 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Went through a KFC drive-through last night after a ball game. Decided it was time that I tried that Zinger. During ordering, I got the best thing you can ever here from the intercom, "that is going to be a 6 minute wait, is that ok?" The difference between fresh fast food and made 4 hours ago fast food is a game changer.

So, after the wait, I was treated to a fairly average chicken sandwich. I guess they call it the zinger because it is supposed to be spicy? What a joke, on that account. If you think that sandwich has any spice to it at all, you might be the biggest pussy on the planet. Anyways... the chicken was passable, the bun was zero effort, but the crunch of the fresh greens and the sauce were a highlight. All in all, they get a slightly above average 6/10.

kfcs-latest-plan-beat-its-chicken-competition.jpg

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Arby's for lunch... Two pizza sliders and an order of mozz sticks with marinara. The pizza sliders are so good for being what they are... They taste just like pizza Lunchables. If I wasn't going through chemo I could eat like six of them.

Mountain Dew "cherry citrus" flavor along with it. Didn't know it existed. Wasn't an improvement on regular Dew but it was alright. Needed more cherry flavor.

• 1Solidarity

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah man it was pretty vile. The consistency was... Gluey at best. Taste was meh. Pepperoni did not have a good taste either

I've had that happen with hot pockets.... when I microwaved them for like twice the time they were supposed to be in like an idiot.

Vaclav

Mountain Dew "cherry citrus" flavor along with it. Didn't know it existed. Wasn't an improvement on regular Dew but it was alright. Needed more cherry flavor.

That is basically the Mtn Dew "Game Fuel" red variant that they do every year. The other Game Fuel flavor seems to rotate, but that one is consistent.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've had that happen with hot pockets.... when I microwaved them for like twice the time they were supposed to be in like an idiot.
Did you just call me an idiot

Sir I'll have you know I microwaved it for 3:30 based on the package directions

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

3:30 is about how long I microwave two of them at the same time for. Definitely way too long for one. And did you use the little browning sleeve?

EDIT: I see you had two, so maybe that was an appropriate time if you nuked them together.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The key to Hot Pockets is letting them cool down enough to be palatable. The ideal cooling period is longer than the cooking period.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I used to love croissant pockets (pepperoni pizza) so I wanted to relive my youth. I ate a sad dinner of hot pockets at midnight and did not relive my youth

Vaclav

Nope, just calling myself one absolutely. In my cases it was 100% dumbassness - for your case not knowing your microwave and such, it could be one that needs adjustment to the numbers to not burn stuff. It's possible you were, but I don't know enough data to say anyone but myself was.

I can say for my microwave though that I can't really do two together following the directions or not without burning them a bit though. One gets more oomph than the other and burns and the other has cold spots. Not a cheap microwave either, was like $150 a year or so ago - 1100w, etc.

Course I usually do Meatball ones when the mood hits to grab some.