The Fast Food Thread

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dipping Dorito's is fucking weird... I do not get that. I agree with so much here, but I can't even...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I ate an entire bag of those Doritos in one sitting last night and woke up from a REM sleep with heartburn, no ragrats.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Doritos are perfect without dipping.

Here's a conspiracy though - the family size bags seem to hold the same amount of seasoning as the regular sized bags, meaning it's spread thinner and less enjoyable. Anyone else notice that?

I also noticed the same feature on family sized cheezits and the salt content. Fucking horse shit

Also family size Doritos bags always seem to feel a little bit staler

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but the only food item I am outright banned from eating in my home are BK onion rings. I think they are delicious but they cause me to have frequent, large and absolutely disgusting farts for approximately 16 hours after consuming them. Should I start a support group?

"All I know is, Burger King onion rings make me produce gas so god awfully bad, the nazi's could have bottled it up and used it in the 40's."
"BK's onion rings give me the kind of gas that give maggots nightmares."
"I had two whopper jrs and onion rings....and i had the worst gas i've ever had in my life. It smelt like something died in my ass. It was horrid..but I couldn't stop smelling it to gauge the fart...to confirm it was the worst ever."
"This special type of fart will send you straight to your death bed."
"Burger King's Onion Rings... I can't be the only one who gets farts that scare away animals after eating burger king onion rings, I mean technicolor fourth of July farts. Farts that make a room hazy and occupants woozy."
"4 to 6 hours after eating them I'm able to be labeled a chemical weapon."
"The BK onion rings produce haz-mat quality stuff."

Are-Burger-King-Onion-Rings-Vegan-830x553.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Doritos are perfect without dipping.

Here's a conspiracy though - the family size bags seem to hold the same amount of seasoning as the regular sized bags, meaning it's spread thinner and less enjoyable. Anyone else notice that?

I also noticed the same feature on family sized cheezits and the salt content. Fucking horse shit

Also family size Doritos bags always seem to feel a little bit staler

I've actually noticed both of those things. They're probably staler because they are purchased far less frequently than regular bags, so they sit on shelves much longer.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've actually noticed both of those things. They're probably staler because they are purchased far less frequently than regular bags, so they sit on shelves much longer.
Most stores purchase based on inventory turns, so theoretically they should not sit there any longer.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I agree they probably sit longer, probably more air in the bags too. I never buy family size any more after uncovering the truth. Now that someone else realized it I feel vindicated

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I just got into a heated argument with a guy at work who claims this shit is better than Doritos. He was eating them for lunch so I tried one. Totally underwhelmed. I think his were the fajita flavor, so maybe the others are better? No way better than Doritos, though.

20131114-takis-packages-primary-thumb-625xauto-370185.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Burger King onion rings don't give me farts, but I am absolutely guaranteed to burp up nasty onion ring burps for close to 24 hours. It doesn't matter how much or what else I've eaten since the onion rings either, nothing but onion ring taste comes out. No other onion rings do that to me.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I used to love the Beef & Cheddar ones. I haven't had a Hot Pocket in a decade though.

If you substitute "barbecue" for "Beef & Cheddar" this was the exact post I was going to make.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I tried to go to the taqueria down the street that puts tater tots in their burritos instead of rice. It's quite a treat. But they don't open until 11:30. I'm distraught.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Takis are fucking disgusting. My daughter likes those then eats our chips first cause she knows we wont touch that crap.

Those little oval cans of smoked clams, oysters, etc packed in oil with fresh lime juice are amazing to dip Doritos in.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but the only food item I am outright banned from eating in my home are BK onion rings. I think they are delicious but they cause me to have frequent, large and absolutely disgusting farts for approximately 16 hours after consuming them. Should I start a support group?

When I was in boot camp my RDC ordered me to stop putting Tobasco sauce on my eggs for that same reason. He never went to the galley with us though, he just recognized that smell.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Ordered a pizza from dominos online. I fucking hate their website with a passion, shows no prices, missing some important options, like well-done wings or extra sauce on wings..

As soon as I placed the order I gave the "online ordering experience" one star.. The store called me up and were fucking pissed off that I gave them a one star review before I even got my pizza. I tried to explain that I only rated the website and not the store.. But they were so pissed that there was no way I could trust any food they sent me. Had to cancel the order.