The Fast Food Thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's really weird to hear stuff like that being so commonplace. For me, my mother's motto was to always make enough for the family + enough for a surprise visitor (or leftovers if no visitor). I forget the Catholic version, but I know there's a similar principle in Judaism as well. (Elijah with seders)

And then we'd sit down, with all the courses of the meal set out, but pacing ourselves, discussing our days, etc while eating.

And she was a working Mom at that, but she scheduled herself so that she was regularly working something like 8-4 or whatever that allowed her the time to never be late to get things going.
I'm an only child, so maybe that makes a difference but this was exactly my household as well.

Vaclav

I'm an only child, so maybe that makes a difference but this was exactly my household as well.

Perhaps that's the reason - I was effectively an only child as well. [I have two adopted siblings, I'm the only genetic kid - and with 12 yrs apart, they were basically gone by the time I can remember anything]

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Last night I made a grilled cheese sandwich that was a layer of fresh mozzarella, then a layer of bacon, a layer of sharp cheddar, a layer of ham, a layer of shredded mexican blend cheese. It was glorious.

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Last night I made a grilled cheese sandwich that was a layer of fresh mozzarella, then a layer of bacon, a layer of sharp cheddar, a layer of ham, a layer of shredded mexican blend cheese. It was glorious.
Sounds like a melt

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Vaclav

It's a fucking grilled cheese. C'mon, man.

With just bacon, I might be willing to agree with you, but with 13 extra parts? No fucking way - that's a melt/press/panini/something else not a grilled cheese.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Had Bacon King. It's just like a ...15-20% better tasting Monster Burger from Hardees. That is to say it's actually pretty great and very, very filling.

Vaclav

Had Bacon King. It's just like a ...15-20% better tasting Monster Burger from Hardees. That is to say it's actually pretty great and very, very filling.
Not a rodeo king though? I don't see how bacon king is even a thought while rodeo is live.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Even worse he slams his dick down in the middle of the great American cheese debate and doesn't even say anything about it

• 1Solidarity

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Holyfuck I should NEVER and I mean NEVER go to Costco when I am hungry. You cannot fucking believe the food I bought. Yes, widow, single, who usually eats things like: Fage no fat greek yogurt with wild blueberries, eggs, natural peanut butter on low carb high fiber bread, salad, salad and more salad, fresh fruits and veg 5 or 6 of veg and 3 of fruit a day; tuna etc. I usually splurge on the weekends and will have bacon or steak or a greasy burger but for the most part I eat well.

I am going on a 5 day camping trip with New this week. I bought a fuckton of food; fuckton. My cart was so full I could barely push it by the time I got to the register and I am quite strong really. I was going to list it all but thought I would just show the receipt instead. GOOD GOD.

costcors - Copy.jpg

• 1Worf

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The only thing on there I see as worthwhile is "hostess" and possibly "pirate booty." I hope you at least stopped by BK or Arby's on the way home for some real food.

• 1Worf

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
The only thing on there I see as worthwhile is "hostess" and possibly "pirate booty." I hope you at least stopped by BK or Arby's on the way home for some real food.
Steak and Shake, double cheeseburger everything, fries, cup of chili, glass of water, chocolate malt. Noodleface Noodleface - jalapeno beef sausage, habanero cheese)

foodrs - Copy.jpg

• 4Quality Calories
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 4 users