The Fast Food Thread

Jim lovell

Molten Core Raider
Going to be in the Boston (Andover) area for 2 weeks starting next week. Any recommendations my west coast ass should try? Was able to try steak and shake in Cleveland, and wasn't that impressed. Where else?
Harrison's Roast Beef in North Andover.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm pretty sure most shakes there don't even use real ice cream. Some sort of shitty shake base instead

It was real ice cream when I worked there forever ago. Talking early 2000s. Granted, I probably haven't been to SnS in a few years now but I still enjoyed it last time.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm pretty sure most shakes there don't even use real ice cream. Some sort of shitty shake base instead

Probably a year back when I visited ours, they were getting a delivery in that had gigantic tubs similar to the ones you see in BR coming in. Was a good ways away so not 100% sure what it was though.

I'd not be surprised if it's a vanilla base plus a flavor pack if I that was real ice cream like I thought though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The Steak and Shake by me if pretty greasy and terrible.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
All ice cream is just a mixture of cream, sugar, and eggs until you put it in the ice cream machine.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Vanilla base milkshakes have their bonuses, though. If anyone's ever been to Cheeburger Cheeburger, they use vanilla base milkshakes but have several dozen different syrups to add flavors. This means you can get all sorts of awesome milkshake flavors like strawberry key lime, cherry lemon lime aid, etc. by mixing and matching syrup flavors. They're not as good as a true, 100% ice cream milkshake using that flavor of ice cream, but the quantity of flavors almost makes up for it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Got 1 McD and 1 McChick with Iced Coffee at my Mcdonald's (I'm going out to dinnner 30 minutes later, so just an appetizer) and for some reason at the bottom of the bag was 3 BBQ sauces and approximately 4 fries. So I think they just swapped some one's meal out of my bag, but I got all the benefits. If only it was Sweet N Sour sauce I would've bought a lottery ticket immediately.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Going to be in the Boston (Andover) area for 2 weeks starting next week. Any recommendations my west coast ass should try? Was able to try steak and shake in Cleveland, and wasn't that impressed. Where else?

My buddy said that Wahlburgers was actually pretty good.

Crone

Kelly's Roast Beef, Harrison's Roast Beef, and Wahlburgers!

Hope to hit up all 3, and will report back when I'm there. Thanks guys!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I just heard about Wahlburgers recently. They're opening a location in Cincinnati. Cincy is so cutting edge these days. Getting hip east coast burger chains.

Vaclav

I just heard about Wahlburgers recently. They're opening a location in Cincinnati. Cincy is so cutting edge these days. Getting hip east coast burger chains.

You in Cinci now? Or is that just a weird trivia statement?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know how hip wahlburgers is. If you watch the Wahlberg show on a&e it's essentially the only fuckin thing they talk about

joz123

Potato del Grande
The Wahlburgers location in Vegas sucks, it's at the new Bazaar area in front of Bally's.