The Fast Food Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Not a damn thing wrong with doubling up on American cheese. Cheddar, on the other hand, you can have too much of because it will turn your burger into a greasy mess. Ever make a quesadilla with a lot of cheddar? It will have oil dripping out of it. American is basically mild cheddar with emulsifier added so it melts nicely which is why it's the correct cheese to use for burgers and grilled cheese.

What Is American Cheese, Anyway?

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Jesus I'd hate to see the pathetic grilled cheese sandwiches you 'too much cheese' fuckers must make. I put a minimum of 3-4 Kraft singles on each ome so it oozes out and fries to the pan.

and I swear to god if you start talking about using some fancy ass artisan cheese on your grilled cheeses im gonna run for amod just so O can ban your fancy ass out of this thread.

What the fuck is an "Artisin Grilled Cheese"? Gotta love how you can apply Artisin or Artisinal to anything, after eating Artisin food you get to take Artisin shits too.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Read up on one of the best posts in reddit's history to understand how retarded some people are when it comes to 'grilled cheese'

You people make me sick. • r/grilledcheese

Well he is correct in that post, but that's another debate all together melts vs grilled cheese.

9865330.jpg

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not a damn thing wrong with doubling up on American cheese. Cheddar, on the other hand, you can have too much of because it will turn your burger into a greasy mess. Ever make a quesadilla with a lot of cheddar? It will have oil dripping out of it. American is basically mild cheddar with emulsifier added so it melts nicely which is why it's the correct cheese to use for burgers and grilled cheese.

This is the shit that gives American Cheese a bad reputation:

Pasteurized Process American Slices

Here's where we get into true #notcheese territory. "American slices" are vegetable oil–based products that are meant to mimic the meltability and flavor of actual American cheese. They do a pretty poor job at both.

American Sandwich Slices, Tropical Sandwich Slices, Valu Time Sandwich Slices, or anything else that doesn't have the word "cheese" in it.

And to be completely honest I didn't even know it existed until just now. I have seen the light, and I'm going to spend an extra minute or two checking out the American Cheese options the next time I need to stock up on cheese.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Cheddar goes fine because burgers are allowed to be a little greasy and cheddar has actual flavor.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My Mom once bought a huge amount of that vegetable oil based cheese on sale when I was a kid and it was horrific. Do they still make it?

Cheddar goes fine because burgers are allowed to be a little greasy and cheddar has actual flavor.

It is fine on a burger, if you don't have too much of it. However, I would argue that the cheese on a burger is more of a textural thing and the flavor comes from the beef. I'm not really looking to taste the cheese on a burger unless it's a bleu cheese burger.

Last edited:

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
My Mom once bought a huge amount of that vegetable oil based cheese on sale when I was a kid and it was horrific. Do they still make it?

It is fine on a burger, if you don't have too much of it. However, I would argue that the cheese on a burger is more of a textural thing and the flavor comes from the beef. I'm not really looking to taste the cheese on a burger unless it's a bleu cheese burger.
If you are using processed cheese on your burger thats why the only flavor is the beef. A sharp chedddar slice will be a great contrast with a good burger patty. I recommend Tillamook.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you are using processed cheese on your burger thats why the only flavor is the beef. A sharp chedddar slice will be a great contrast with a good burger patty. I recommend Tillamook.

Tillamook has slices? I do love it in blocks, but they never carry it in slices around here that I've seen, if it exists as such. Cracker Barrel is my jam typically.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is the fast food thread bros. Only one kind of cheese exists in this thread. Processed.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can't eat Kraft singles, I do prefer my American slices from the deli though. If that puts me above fast food plebs then so be it

• 2Supertaster

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Tillamook has slices? I do love it in blocks, but they never carry it in slices around here that I've seen, if it exists as such. Cracker Barrel is my jam typically.
They definitely do but its not everywhere. My local stores here in Florida dont even carry it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

definitely exists, I get them all the time. Granted I'm only a couple hours away from Tillamook, OR

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can find Tillamook slices easily. Their cheddar is so damn good.

I'm typically a cheddar on my burger kind of guy, but pepper jack is acceptable too.

• 2Quality Calories

Vaclav

They definitely do but its not everywhere. My local stores here in Florida dont even carry it.

Ah shit - I screwed up anyhow - I think I've had Tillamook somewhere/somehow (the odd name isn't alien to me at least) - but actually looking up packaging online a sec, I was thinking Cabot. Dammit, I dun goofed.

• 1Like

Vaclav

I'm typically a cheddar on my burger kind of guy, but pepper jack is acceptable too.

On my packaging search one thing that popped up with Chipotle White Cheddar... I do agree Pepper Jack is solid, but after seeing Chipotle White Cheddar, I'm going to have a quest to find it because that sounds even better.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>

This guy gets it. Tillamook are quality calories.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like