The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
1/2 pound is the smallest I'd consider a proper size. Ideally a burger should be 1 pound.

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

What restaurant serves a 1lb burger?
That's why I said ideally. Most places you'll see 1/2 pound as their biggest burger, with a few rare 2/3 pound burgers available.

When I grill at home it's a pound of meat divided into two patties and slapped together on a bun. That's a hamburger. Not this 1/3 pound snack sized shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think 1/3 is the highest I'd order and hope that the burger was actually cooked
Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but I don’t think McChese is necessarily saying it needs to be in one patty. Like a double from Wendy’s is half a pound (pre-cooked anyways) and it is about the perfect amount to me. A triple is too much, I’ve had it and it is just all meat and nothing else at that point.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Potato experts help.

I don't cook with taters much for a long time and usually just grabbed big ones for easy peel. I liked red roasted and such but never really got crazy about knowing all the types.

This week doing a roast and hot Italian tater soup said fuck it and grabbed a couple markdown bags of tatoes. Not old they were shipped to store pre bagged as misshapen/blemished. They were smallish like a red and kinda of a pale brownish faintly reddish/purple. They ended up being like the creamiest buttery potatoes I've ever had.

Trying to figure out what variety they might be so I can go crazy buying them from now on.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Best bet is probably to check here to see if you recognize:

Red Rounds Potato Varieties

It has other varieties with images as well I just picked red because you said they were faintly reddish in color

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Had some delicious Whataburger today. Hard choice with In-N-Out and Whataburger being in the same plaza here I tell you.

McCheese

Had some delicious Whataburger today. Hard choice with In-N-Out and Whataburger being in the same plaza here I tell you.

The answer is both.

There's a shopping center here with BK in it, and right across the street a KFC. One of my favorite fast food meals is a whopper meal with onion rings from BK, and a large side order of potato wedges from KFC.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Potato experts help.

I don't cook with taters much for a long time and usually just grabbed big ones for easy peel. I liked red roasted and such but never really got crazy about knowing all the types.

This week doing a roast and hot Italian tater soup said fuck it and grabbed a couple markdown bags of tatoes. Not old they were shipped to store pre bagged as misshapen/blemished. They were smallish like a red and kinda of a pale brownish faintly reddish/purple. They ended up being like the creamiest buttery potatoes I've ever had.

Trying to figure out what variety they might be so I can go crazy buying them from now on.
Started angry GTFO ... But continued reading and by end I was like man, I want some too.

• 1Quality Calories

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had to do chores with child at awkward time on a hurry and he gets hungry and cranky. 10x Burger King nugs and apple juice for $3.04 after tax was good deal.
I don't think it will happen again but they were perfectly cooked. Not super hot fresh can't enjoy them, but instead just cool enough to be juicy yet have a pleasing crisp and inner warmth.
Best nugget experience in some time.

• 1Quality Calories

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Had to do chores with child at awkward time on a hurry and he gets hungry and cranky. 10x Burger King nugs and apple juice for $3.04 after tax was good deal.
I don't think it will happen again but they were perfectly cooked. Not super hot fresh can't enjoy them, but instead just cool enough to be juicy yet have a pleasing crisp and inner warmth.
Best nugget experience in some time.
a good fry depends 99% on the workers.

I've found a BK staffed by legumes vs. dindus makes a HUGE difference for obvious reasons.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Whataburger burgers taste like sonic burgers to me. Which isn’t nexessarily that bad since I actually like their burgers, but don’t understand the following it has.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
breakfast today: McDonald's sausage+egg biscuit, add cheese, add breakfast sauce, add an extra sausage patty. delicious

lunch today: Taco Bell cravings deal (cheesy gordita crunch, five layer burrito, crispy taco for $5). added chipotle sauce to the crunchy taco. ordered a large cherry pepsi with no ice and it came with so much fucking ice, i was pretty triggered. muttered to myself "i said no ice bitch" right as the woman was opening the window. not sure if she heard me. but i didn't ask for a new one, because getting pissy about ice in my soda just seems a little too ridiculous.

haven't had dinner yet. should i do the full McCheese and get fast food for dinner too?

• 2Solidarity