The Fast Food Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Same thing. "Warehouse" store.

Except Costco isn't owned by the Walton family.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
BJ's is the best of the big three in my opinion. The other two have copied a lot of what BJ's did (Deli, smaller quantity items available as well as the traditional bulk quantity items, individually packed items even in bulk quantity so you don't have to repackage it into smaller quantities yourself when you get home)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
BJ's is the best of the big three in my opinion. The other two have copied a lot of what BJ's did (Deli, smaller quantity items available as well as the traditional bulk quantity items, individually packed items even in bulk quantity so you don't have to repackage it into smaller quantities yourself when you get home)

I always seem to end up living close to a BJs rather than the others - I can never justify driving an extra 30 miles to evaluate the others really.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Around here, BJs is where all the Haitian immigrants shop. Seriously, I feel like I need to learn French Creole in order to shop there. Costco is where the middle class white folks shop. Sams Club is where all the Mexicans and blacks shop. It's amazing how starkly the lines are drawn, actually.

In other news, I went to the doctor's today (well, Urgent Care since it's Thanksgiving) to get an abcess in my neck addressed, and they took my blood pressure. Perfect numbers! Despite my near daily bacon egg and cheese biscuits, I'm in perfect health!

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Went to my cousin's house for Thanksgiving and the turkey was one of those Popeyes Cajun Turkeys. It was awesome. Probably the best turkey I have ever had at a family Tday.

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Around here, BJs is where all the Haitian immigrants shop. Seriously, I feel like I need to learn French Creole in order to shop there. Costco is where the middle class white folks shop. Sams Club is where all the Mexicans and blacks shop. It's amazing how starkly the lines are drawn, actually.

In other news, I went to the doctor's today (well, Urgent Care since it's Thanksgiving) to get an abcess in my neck addressed, and they took my blood pressure. Perfect numbers! Despite my near daily bacon egg and cheese biscuits, I'm in perfect health!
What's up with the neck abcess? Must've been rough if you had to go on Thanksgiving

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Went to my cousin's house for Thanksgiving and the turkey was one of those Popeyes Cajun Turkeys. It was awesome. Probably the best turkey I have ever had at a family Tday.

I've not had a proper Popeyes one, but my woman pulled up a recipe that claimed to be a copycat for us to do yesterday, would place in in my top 3 or so I've had, best I've personally made.

My uncle's fried and MD neighbor's smoked I'd rate above it though - but this was also first try with the recipe so likely room to improve.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Roulette Doritos are back for a limited time。25% of the bag is a chip on par with slightly hotter than Habanero heat.

Not too hot but delicious.
Fun junk food!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Roulette Doritos are back for a limited time。25% of the bag is a chip on par with slightly hotter than Habanero heat.

Fun junk food!
Missed these last time. Gonna pick them up. Saw them at Walmart the other day

Vaclav

Fun junk food!

I liked the heat on the roulette ones, but the flavor seemed off to me - I did not like.

Vaclav

So you don’t like nacho cheese Doritos?

They tasted like nacho cheese ones but slightly off to me. Like someone dipped it in some Tabasco or something. Perhaps it was just a bad batch or something. (Or supertaster thing - not that I think I'm one...)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
They tasted like nacho cheese ones but slightly off to me. Like someone dipped it in some Tabasco or something. Perhaps it was just a bad batch or something. (Or supertaster thing - not that I think I'm one...)
It's what I call chemical taste
Shit's getting rampant

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What's up with the neck abcess? Must've been rough if you had to go on Thanksgiving

I had a big, swollen, red bump on the base of my neck, right in the center, below my Adam's apple. I noticed it a few days ago as it developed, and thought it was a gnarly zit, but it just kept getting bigger, redder, and more painful. Especially given the location; every time I swallowed, chewed, or moved my neck it hurt.

I could have waited until this morning, but I realized what it was and wanted to get antibiotics to start attacking it as soon as possible. I had a bad experience with a similar abscess last year, so I didn't want to waste time this time around.

On the positive side, late last night it finally came to a bit of a head and I was able to start draining it. It's so satisfying to feel the pockets of puss beneath the skin, and feel the puss move as you push it towards the little opening in the head, almost like pushing toothpaste out of a toothpaste tube.

• 5Barf
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had a big, swollen, red bump on the base of my neck, right in the center, below my Adam's apple. I noticed it a few days ago as it developed, and thought it was a gnarly zit, but it just kept getting bigger, redder, and more painful. Especially given the location; every time I swallowed, chewed, or moved my neck it hurt.

I could have waited until this morning, but I realized what it was and wanted to get antibiotics to start attacking it as soon as possible. I had a bad experience with a similar abscess last year, so I didn't want to waste time this time around.

On the positive side, late last night it finally came to a bit of a head and I was able to start draining it. It's so satisfying to feel the pockets of puss beneath the skin, and feel the puss move as you push it towards the little opening in the head, almost like pushing toothpaste out of a toothpaste tube.
Yeah I get that. I had an abcess in an unfortunate nether regions area and when it drained it was heaven.

• 2Barf