The Fast Food Thread

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone ever tried out Blaze pizza? Apparently there is a potential sale each one will be $3.14 on 3/14 so I'm think of grabbing a few to try out.

One of my favorite (relatively quick) lunch places. It is pretty darn good for what it is. I like their 'Spicy Red' sauce as it is one of the only pizza sauces I've had that actually had a good lingering spice to it. For $3.14, their pizza would be a damn steal. I would rate the taste, consistency, and food (in terms of "fast" food or "fast" casual) as top-tier* or borderline top-tier*.

*As normal, quality/flavor can vary depending on locations. But both locations near me are consistent with one-another and on each visit.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Blaze is good, but Pi day here has absolutely absurd lines at the location where i usually got it. Not worth it for ~an hour or 2 wait lol

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This might be the best frozen food item I've ever had. Can easily down a bag in one sitting.

Gyoza.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This might be the best frozen food item I've ever had. Can easily down a bag in one sitting.

Gyoza.jpg

Bro go to the Asian supermarket you can get like industrial amounts of frozen gyoza on the cheap.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Gyoza.jpg
But they're not gluten free. :(

I'm not GF, but have to cook that way often because my wife and all in laws that we are living with are. The GF pot stickers that are out there haven't been that good.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Eating these right now. The flavour isn't awesome, but there is a good amount of heat on these things.

kjJAkLl.jpg

Dude I work with is constantly trying to get me to adopt Takis. They're alright, but ultimately they're just a poor man's Doritos.

McCheese

But they're not gluten free. :(

I'm not GF, but have to cook that way often because my wife and all in laws that we are living with are. The GF pot stickers that are out there haven't been that good.

That's because unless it's pure meat, gluten free shit is almost always awful. Being truly gluten intolerant is something I'm not sure I could live with. It would be like having lupus or some shit.

• 1Like

sukik

Taki's have some nice flavor but they're too dense for me.

Gave the Aldi's story brand cheeze-its and try and they're actually great. Crispy and flaky without being dense and fluffy like Cheese nips.
20180311_120707.jpg

20180311_120715.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bro go to the Asian supermarket you can get like industrial amounts of frozen gyoza on the cheap.

I live two blocks from Chinatown but everything there is very local and "buy for what you need in the next three days" kind of thing. Not much frozen food.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I live two blocks from Chinatown but everything there is very local and "buy for what you need in the next three days" kind of thing. Not much frozen food.

I haven't lived in CA for awhile but is there no Seafood City or anthing near you? Or Korean market?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Mod Pizza about to open a mile from my house. Looking forward to it, I go to one with people from work every once in awhile and it’s pretty good. Usually just have them load up like half of the toppings they have since the price is the same

Crone

That's because unless it's pure meat, gluten free shit is almost always awful. Being truly gluten intolerant is something I'm not sure I could live with. It would be like having lupus or some shit.
It helps that they all eat at home 90% of the time, so they don't have to deal with eating out and figuring that shit out. You'd die if you ate like they do though. They are vegan (but eat fish/shellfish), GF, no sugar, all natural, etc. Cooking dinner for them is hard as fucking balls!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It helps that they all eat at home 90% of the time, so they don't have to deal with eating out and figuring that shit out. You'd die if you ate like they do though. They are vegan (but eat fish/shellfish), GF, no sugar, all natural, etc. Cooking dinner for them is hard as fucking balls!
That's a rough existence and I try to be healthy at least 5 days a week!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Fuck that. My cousin's girlfriend said she was vegan as a joke the other day and I told her she was out of the family. This submission to the Montana Ag Promotion bumper sticker contest made my heart swell with pride though.

cows.jpg

• 1Worf

McCheese

They are vegan (but eat fish/shellfish),

Then they're not vegan, they're just picky fucking eaters. I hate when people claim vegetarian or vegan but make exceptions. If someone is a picky eater, just say it and embrace it. It's fine. There are plenty of other adult-children who are picky eaters to commiserate with.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
People around here like that call themselves Pesceterians. I guess they fancy themselves "exotic". The idea that things like beef and chicken are unhealthy but shellfish are A-OK is laughable.